Gabby Williams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gabby Williams

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Gabby, Gabby she's our girl, if she can't do it no one can.

What an amazing young lady. She made her mother proud tonight.

South Carolina didn't have an answer for Gabby or Napheesa.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As transcendently great as Gabby is, she's very, very fortunate to have found her way to UConn. What other coaching staff could have given her the same amount of structure and freedom simultaneously?

What other coaching staff would have seen her athletic ability and moved her from guard to post? Absolutely none!!!

Reaction Score
I'd like to think that this clinched a first team AA for her. And, by the way, who were those people in another thread who said Azure might replace Gabby in the starting lineup next year? This was one of the greatest performances I've ever seen in women's basketball.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I'd like to think that this clinched a first team AA for her. And, by the way, who were those people in another thread who said Azure might replace Gabby in the starting lineup next year? This was one of the greatest performances I've ever seen in women's basketball.

Thats gonna be insane having Azura, and Megan Walker off the bench. I could see Geno bringing Gabby off the bench for a game to experiment, he had his whole starting lineup come off the bench last year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As transcendently great as Gabby is, she's very, very fortunate to have found her way to UConn. What other coaching staff could have given her the same amount of structure and freedom simultaneously?

Rest assured she knows this. In a post game interview, she said (I paraphrase) " This is a very special program. I am very fortunate to be here"

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm sure Holly at TN would have developed Gabby just fine. ;)

Interesting thought experiment. I bet Gabby would have physically survived Holly in general because she has an internal motor and intensity that even Holly cant screw up and she can overwhelm in just about any system (or lack of it). However, could you imagine how frustrated she would be with her teammates up and down and often uninspired (to say the least) play. Probably rush to transfer or go to the Olympic trials :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Interesting thought experiment. I bet Gabby would have physically survived Holly in general because she has an internal motor and intensity that even Holly cant screw up and she can overwhelm in just about any system (or lack of it). However, could you imagine how frustrated she would be with her teammates up and down and often uninspired (to say the least) play. Probably rush to transfer or go to the Olympic trials :rolleyes:
Probably back to track and field. Heard DD is planning on going pro next year to escape the TN program.

Reaction Score
If Gabby can consistently make that foul line jumper, she will be unguardable.
You're right! I'm sure she'll be making that shot regularly by the beginning of next season.

Reaction Score
No value judgment on whether it's good or bad, but Z's going to start from day 1.
That's a wonderful problem for the head coach to have. Just when the other team has seen more than enough of the Uconn starters, Gabby or Z comes off the bench to add another unguardable player to the mix.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno noted that on timelines UCONN stands at approximately the same spot as UCLA did in the men's game in the 60s and 70s. Another parallel for me is that Gabby has so much with David Thompson in her game. She simply jumps/leaps in a way that other players can't and it touches every part of her game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm sure Holly at TN would have developed Gabby just fine. ;)
I know you're tongue in cheek here but I bet Holly and a whole bunch of coaches would have looked at size and had her on the bench because of what she couldn't do (shoot outside). Instead of playing her because of what she could do (everything else).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom