Furman post-mortem | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Furman post-mortem

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Brimah unleashed his inner Ewing today with his first turn around jumper. It missed. I am wondering if that is where he is going or just a fluke shot. Brimah will never overpower anyone at the next level but a little turn around jumper could be his go to move.
Actually, I thought they were two unselfish, passing up wide open threes early in the shot clock and then settling for a much worse shot. Calhoun, Purvis, Sterling, Adams, Cassell
should be green lighted for early jumper heat checks.. Hamilton is way too destructive off the dribble in the lane to take the early jumper. Teams would love to have him taking threes. Adams could be the straw that breaks a teams back especially if he is playing against their second unit.
Facey wants his PT and has been very aggressive. Hope he keeps it up.

Reaction Score
i dont really see the purpose of posters going out of their way to claim he wont sniff the nba.
The purpose is to slap the kid around for not getting markedly better. It's an insult, plainly. Attempting to disavow an insult by claiming, "I'm just stating the truth," is a weak insincerity, else saying "your mother's a wh0re" could be written off as not insulting merely because your mother, truth be told, is a wh0re.

Reaction Score
1999 Alpha dog: Rip. But what was KEA?
2004 alpha dog: Ben or Emeka?

We have time to develop our go-to guy(s). I don't see where it can't be Purvis & Hamilton

KEA and Emeka. This year's team does not have that clear leader. Hamilton or Purvis are not that. Hamilton is the best NBA prospect right now but wouldn't run this team and be "the man" until next year.

Reaction Score
So you can tell, at this point, that we can make it to a Final Four, but we are incapable of winning 2 more games after that?

I'm pretty confident in my assessment based off 20+ years of my being a college basketball nerd. I like our team a lot but I'd love it if we could trade Gibbs and Miller for a Dunn or Hield.

Reaction Score
I thought our D lapsed to poor but we played a lot of good D. Can't have those lapses in Paradise

i think a lot of the "what they did poorly" (ie: lapse in D) could be explained by this:

They dont want to practice on cupcakes anymore. bring on Michigan!

at least we're beating cupcakes by 20 - 30 points. if they were closer i'd be worried

Reaction Score
Wait, are you suggesting TSam wasn't a great player? Lucky you didn't do that a year ago.

Although three of our better players (notice I didn't use "best" because I don't want to know how people would react to Brimah being seen as "one of our best") had subpar games by their standards, it's encouraging that the rest of the team was able to pick up the slack. We're coming off of a season where Terrence Samuel was in many games our top player coming off the bench - I'm glad that we now have backups who can come in, make shots and crash the boards when the first team isn't feeling it.

Reaction Score
Like UConn? Ok punk.

I think Brimah blows and hate his antics, hope I'm proven wrong.

Haha, no. You are the worst. Your "hot takes" stink and it doesn't seem like you actually like UConn.

Reaction Score
Like UConn? Ok punk.

I think Brimah blows and hate his antics, hope I'm proven wrong.

Really nice. College kid with a great smile, great attitude, tries his heart out, single handily moved us past St Joes in 2014 and you "hate his antics" and think he blows. Way to find the positives in a kid. He is fun to watch. I love shot blockers. Gets the team jacked when he slaps one 3 rows deep.

Reaction Score
Anyone who goes crazy dunking over 6-6 guys but fails to understand he sucks against good competition is so unlikable. Have a modicum of humility.

He rushed to block an unblockable 3 pointer and was completely out of position for a rebound. He has zero basketball IQ. He couldn't remotely make a NBA roster. We kept hearing with a full offseason he'd be so improved. Huh?

Really nice. College kid with a great smile, great attitude, tries his heart out, single handily moved us past St Joes in 2014 and you "hate his antics" and think he blows. Way to find the positives in a kid. He is fun to watch. I love shot blockers. Gets the team jacked when he slaps one 3 rows deep.

Reaction Score
Anyone who goes crazy dunking over 6-6 guys but fails to understand he sucks against good competition is so unlikable. Have a modicum of humility.

He rushed to block an unblockable 3 pointer and was completely out of position for a rebound. He has zero basketball IQ. He couldn't remotely make a NBA roster. We kept hearing with a full offseason he'd be so improved. Huh?

You're one of those miserable old guys that thinks you can get mad at college players like they're free agents. You have some sense of entitlement because they have won championships before and now players suck if they don't progress to your liking. Jump in front of a bus if it's that's bad.

Reaction Score

As crazy as it may seem to most you make a couple of somewhat valid points but you're not very good at "discussing" your points of view with the 'Yard. I'm a believer his court IQ is also holding him back and there are usually a few plays to prove that so maybe you have a nice discussion on those to see the temperature of the 'Yard rather than coming out guns a blazin'? LOL

And like them or not, they are "our" kids so they don't blow, suck or stink.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
All of our title teams have had that clear alpha dog. And we have the 05-06 and 09-10 teams as evidence that teams built around depth do not work as well.
I sure hope we don't win 30 games this year. That would be the worst.

Reaction Score
Very fair. The forum is the best source for UConn-related info.

But honestly, the bias and lack of objectivity is astonishing. There is a vast difference between suggesting Brimah is "one of us" vs. saying he is a good player because "he's one of us."

There were people on here that suggested he was a POY candidate after the Coppin St game last year. Unreal.

As crazy as it may seem to most you make a couple of somewhat valid points but you're not very good at "discussing" your points of view with the 'Yard. I'm a believer his court IQ is also holding him back and there are usually a few plays to prove that so maybe you have a nice discussion on those to see the temperature of the 'Yard rather than coming out guns a blazin'? LOL

And like them or not, they are "our" kids so they don't blow, suck or stink.

Reaction Score
Very fair. The forum is the best source for UConn-related info.

But honestly, the bias and lack of objectivity is astonishing. There is a vast difference between suggesting Brimah is "one of us" vs. saying he is a good player because "he's one of us."

There were people on here that suggested he was a POY candidate after the Coppin St game last year. Unreal.

Listen there are many not very happy with me on AB related topics although I think they know I like the guy so some are okay with my point of view. The thing is you need to look at the whole picture not just what he does glaringly bad. He is still a very solid rim protector and there is no denying that. I agree he sometimes loses where he is because he lacks the knowledge of positioning although he has gotten a bit better, not a lot but there are signs. The small things that irritate you and probably me, some don't see so hold back the full feelings and try to just be a fan knowing the kid is really trying his damnedest to be better and be an impact. That's what gets me through some of the "rough times" with the young man, he's still a Husky.

Reaction Score
I don't even think you critize as much as you observe. I agree he plays and tries hard, but he has less than zero basketball IQ, especially on the defensive side, and his skills are so-so at best.

We'll see against better teams this week. Let's see if he's progressed.

Listen there are many not very happy with me on AB related topics although I think they know I like the guy so some are okay with my point of view. The thing is you need to look at the whole picture not just what he does glaringly bad. He is still a very solid rim protector and there is no denying that. I agree he sometimes loses where he is because he lacks the knowledge of positioning although he has gotten a bit better, not a lot but there are signs. The small things that irritate you and probably me, some don't see so hold back the full feelings and try to just be a fan knowing the kid is really trying his damnedest to be better and be an impact. That's what gets me through some of the "rough times" with the young man, he's still a Husky.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Shut your trap, troll.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Haha, awesome. Your posts are so awful, tool.

Mine weren't so awful that I got banned and had to start a new account to post the same mindless crap. All you ever post is how horrible our student-athletes are and falsely impugn their character due to "antics". You're freaking obsessed with Brimah dude, on your old account you said you wanted to get in his face and yell at him how much he sucks. That's pretty emblematic of someone with issues. You need to get those worked out.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Mine weren't so awful that I got banned and had to start a new account to post the same mindless crap. All you ever post is how horrible our student-athletes are and falsely impugn their character due to "antics". You're freaking obsessed with Brimah dude, on your old account you said you wanted to get in his face and yell at him how much he sucks. That's pretty emblematic of someone with issues. You need to get those worked out.
I've been so close to banning him again but figured he would just come back with a new ID and everyone would have to ignore him again. So I decided to save the boneyard some time and just let him be ignored into obscurity.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Brimah's lack of lower body strength has hurt him a lot. He can't move guys around in the pain right now or get position for rebounds and its painful to watch. Enoch, Facey, and Miller will help on the glass though so we shouldn't be too worried about that. Let's just hope Brimah continues to finish and block shots.

Reaction Score

Wow dude calm down. Brimah isn't the next coming of Patrick Ewing and presently not even an NBA draft pick but he does know how to block shots and has gotten stronger so his rebounding has improved. He is an adequate center with a great ability(shotblocking) who is average or below average in everything else. He is just a piece of the puzzle. He isn't our main guy so don't get so down on him. We are plenty deep at center to not worry about his short comings.

Reaction Score
Brimah's lack of lower body strength has hurt him a lot. He can't move guys around in the pain right now or get position for rebounds and its painful to watch. Enoch, Facey, and Miller will help on the glass though so we shouldn't be too worried about that. Let's just hope Brimah continues to finish and block shots.
He has improved his strength and even in this game pushed a couple guys out of the way to get a rebound. He definitely has improved here. He isn't J. Okafor but can be an adequate center this year.

Reaction Score
Only thing I can come up with is, AB took poster's mother out for a nice seafood dinner and never called her again

Reaction Score
even if you don't use it, the ignore feature here is a very useful for posters like jsm and actually makes browsing the forum more pleasant by not being subjected to their (trolls) terrible posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom