OT: - Funniest movie and/or TV show ever | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Funniest movie and/or TV show ever

Reaction Score
Funniest movie: The Palm Beach Story
Funniest tv show: Rev. Jim goes on a date episode of Taxi.

Reaction Score
Hope this isn't a repeat.

Due to the current situation, I thought that this might make things seem a little better for a couple of minutes. I thought of this because I just watched (for about the 20th time) the ending of one of my picks.

What movie and/or tv show would you consider your funniest?

Blazing Saddles (but nowadays, not PC, I am guessing.)
Airplane
What about Reverend Jim going for his written driving test on TAXI .... that was totally hysterical

Reaction Score
Catch 22 (except, with the arrogance of small men, they decided to change the ending of the book)

Jack Benny Show

Ernie Kovacs Show

Dobie Gillis

Groucho Marks, You Bet Your Life

And ((my all-time favorite), Black Adder Goes Forth
A completely hilarious "black" comedy with perhaps the most mournful ending of all time.

Reaction Score
Some of my favorites, in no particular order:

There's Something About Mary
A Million Ways to Die in the West
Animal House
A Fish called Wanda
Borat
Caddy Shack
Dr Strangelove
Airplane
Blazing Saddles
Support Your Local Sheriff
City Slickers
Shanghai Noon
Anchorman
MASH
Clueless
The Odd Couple
Austin Powers
Scud, I forgot about Dr. Strangelove. Has any actor ever played multiple roles in a movie like Peter Sellers? I think that just about anyone of the supporting actors in that movie could have received an oscar. One of the classic scenes in the history of motion pictures is Slim Pickens going out of the chute on the bomb.

Reaction Score
Scud, I forgot about Dr. Strangelove. Has any actor ever played multiple roles in a movie like Peter Sellers? I think that just about anyone of the supporting actors in that movie could have received an oscar. One of the classic scenes in the history of motion pictures is Slim Pickens going out of the chute on the bomb.

Just a fantastic movie, I have to re watch it every few years. It never gets old. "Precious bodily fluids","You'll have to answer to the Coca Cola company", ""Now Dmitri" etc etc. And yes, Peter Sellers, just incredible. Slim Pickens at the end is cinema classic. What a movie.

Reaction Score
All in the Family would be my #2 based on the strength of Carroll O'
Connor. But there is no secondary character who blows me away (Love Edith, tho). Ray has Robert Barone who just slays it every show.
All in the family was such a success because of the writer who composed Archies lines / sayings! How he put together the most outrageous connotations is beyond me! :confused:

Reaction Score
The Gang that Couldn’t Shoot Straight-movie, but the book is a MUST READ.
In Living Color-TV show
South Park-Movie and TV show
Police Squad!-TV show
History of the World Part 1

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Just a fantastic movie, I have to re watch it every few years. It never gets old. "Precious bodily fluids","You'll have to answer to the Coca Cola company", ""Now Dmitri" etc etc. And yes, Peter Sellers, just incredible. Slim Pickens at the end is cinema classic. What a movie.

I do the same with this movie. Watch every few years. Great performances. Loved George C. Scott as General Buck Turgidson too. "I do...I care to Dimitri."

Reaction Score
Funniest is an interpretation that is as varied as best tasting. That while some like steak and others like seafood.
There are so many shows listed in this thread and all are good, personally The Carol Burnett show never disappointed. Red Skelton The Jackie Gleason show were great with comedy and music. The Honeymooners are all time classic.
Hee Haw had it's place for me as they had music to go with the comedy. Buck Owens was good but Roy Clark is an all time great guitar player. That brings me to The Smothers Brothers I haven't seen mentioned. They had a good act and variety show with many good guests. With the penchant here for music in the off basketball times I think many would enjoy Jim Stafford. While this was back in the day he still performs at the theater he owns in Missouri.

Reaction Score
I was privileged to attend one of the special previews. In order to make movie Sellers had to agree to play several parts. Pickens (who I met a year or two later and gave directions to) and George C Scott were excellent.

Reaction Score
I remember being in the army watching Porky's with a bunch of paratroopers. Not sure if we were delirious but I have never laughed so hard as I did the first time I saw it. We were literally falling on the floor. So many funny scenes we went home with stomach aches.

Porky's: Principal's office

I was wondering when someone was going to mention Porky's. The Ballbricker scene with Tommy in the girls shower had me in tears. The principal office scene was hilarious. Also don't forget the boys locker room and the socks with Kim Cattrall. The second Porky's was crap but they had a very good rebound with Porky's III.

Little known late night movie that was funny is HOTS. Had a lot of funny scenes in that movie with a cameo appearance by Danny Bonaduce (Patridge Family).

I'm not sure it was mentioned but I like both Revenge of the Nerds movies. Also have to mention my boy Eddie Murphy and Coming To America.

Reaction Score
I was wondering when someone was going to mention Porky's. The Ballbricker scene with Tommy in the girls shower had me in tears. The principal office scene was hilarious. Also don't forget the boys locker room and the socks with Kim Cattrall. The second Porky's was crap but they had a very good rebound with Porky's III.

Little known late night movie that was funny is HOTS. Had a lot of funny scenes in that movie with a cameo appearance by Danny Bonaduce (Patridge Family).

I'm not sure it was mentioned but I like both Revenge of the Nerds movies. Also have to mention my boy Eddie Murphy and Coming To America.

The office scene in Porkys with Ike smiling down is one of the funniest scenes ever.
I had to go rewatch it, still makes me laugh to tears after all these years.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Office Space is a hidden gem, especially for those of us who worked in an office. It really hits close to home.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Miss Congeniality

One good scene after another.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members