OT: - Funniest movie and/or TV show ever | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Funniest movie and/or TV show ever

Reaction Score
The Producers (1968)

The Beverly Hillbillies for tv

Also, I always lol in Bewitched when the nosy neighbor - Mrs. Kravitz - would go over to the Stevens' residence, poke her head in the window, and see something unbelievable. She'd then stagger back to her home to claim it to her husband: "Abner, I saw a waterfall in their living room." He'd then look at the camera and tell her he was locking up the booze.

Also loved Sanford and Son. Fred and Aunt Esther may have been the funniest fighting ever.

Reaction Score
I went through the first 4 pages again and two movies I noticed were omitted, Police Academy (the horse scene was hilarious) and Back to School (sort of funny but some classics lines). episode.

For TV shows, I know they are suppose to be funny, but what about cartoons?

The Flintstones had some hilarious episodes. Especially the Romeorock and Juliettestone episode.

Reaction Score
For me:

Princess Bride
The Big Lebowski

For The Better Half (I love her choices too):

My Cousin Vinny
Elf
Romy & Michele's High School Reunion
Napoleon Dynamite

TV -
Trailer Park Boys - BUBBLES!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I went through the first 4 pages again and two movies I noticed were omitted, Police Academy (the horse scene was hilarious) and Back to School (sort of funny but some classics lines). episode.

For TV shows, I know they are suppose to be funny, but what about cartoons?

The Flintstones had some hilarious episodes. Especially the Romeorock and Juliettestone episode.

The scene with them teaching Bubba Smith how to drive -- they bring him to a Civic and he rips the front seat out.

Bugs Bunny is the best thing ever on TV.

Reaction Score
No question 'It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World' is the one. Just thinking about the scenes puts me into a state of laughter. The cast is a lineup of the best of the best, each playing in their own scenario racing to the 'Big W'. It never stops, if you have never seen it, do it now.

Reaction Score
Went through the five pages and noticed that 'Curb your Enthusiasm" was not mentioned. Larry David strikes again. The stuff he gets into is hysterical, and again the supporting cast just adds to the mayhem.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Went through the five pages and noticed that 'Curb your Enthusiasm" was not mentioned. Larry David strikes again. The stuff he gets into is hysterical, and again the supporting cast just adds to the mayhem.
And I have read that the vast majority of the show's dialog is ad libbed/improvised.

Reaction Score
One Crazy Summer with Bobcat Goldthwait and Demi Moore was pretty funny. Especially the ending.

Reaction Score
Bringing Up Baby.
Bama, I don't know if you are old enough to remember but one of the most popular "funnies" in the forties and fifties was a strip names "Maggie and Jiggs". That supposedly was the cartoon that Bringing Up Baby was based on.

Reaction Score
Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Duck Soup
I always had trouble between choosing between the Killer Rabbitt and The Black Knight as the funniest scene in that movie. Then I remember the scene at castle attack.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Bama, I don't know if you are old enough to remember but one of the most popular "funnies" in the forties and fifties was a strip names "Maggie and Jiggs". That supposedly was the cartoon that Bringing Up Baby was based on.
Never saw that one.

Reaction Score
'Guarding Tess,' with Nicolas Cage and Shirley MacLaine.

Hope, I think that was one of those movies that are truly unappreciated. Shirley MacLaine deserved at least a nomination for her role and the casting was outstanding. I'm not normally a huge Nicholas Cage fan but he was actually very good in his role.

Reaction Score
Never saw that one.
Ah, memories of bar-b-que sandwichs and the skytop cone. They also had a copycat of Islays called "Bards" around for awhile. Almost identical setting with the white bricks and menu. My wife, on special occasions, buys me a case of Islay's sauce once or twice a year. We lived across the hall from a gentleman who was the manager of the Islays in New Kensington and he gave my grandmother the recipe for the sauce. It's actually vey close to the real thing.

Reaction Score
One of my favorite comedy's was Big. I really liked the scene at the party, starting with his suit, eating little corn cobs, spitting out caviar. And then when the girl was going to "sleep-over" and he wants to be on top.

Reaction Score
I always had trouble between choosing between the Killer Rabbitt and The Black Knight as the funniest scene in that movie. Then I remember the scene at castle attack.
Too many great scenes, but the witch scene and the discussion of government—“strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government” — are two of my favorites.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Too many great scenes, but the witch scene and the discussion of government—“strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government” — are two of my favorites.
The Watery Tart scene is great. And "She turned me into a newt. But I got better" was hilarious. But "Spank me" "Oh no, spank me" was beyond belief! Bad Zoot and her good twin sister Dingo in Castle Anthrax with a bevy of beauties. Luckily Galahad is rescued just before the deed is done!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom