OT: - Funniest movie and/or TV show ever | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Funniest movie and/or TV show ever

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Movie; Gotta be Airplane. The original made for TV version of No Time for Sergeants (maybe Hallmark; was a 90 minute show, if I recall) was hilarious. All the humor of Hyman's book without the bombast of the theater movie Sgt. King was a treasure. For TV, for me, the Carol Burnett show. I still can't watch some of the Tim Conway skits without cracking up. This may be the funniest of all. Carol Burnett Show - Tim Conway's Elephant Story

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My favorite skit of all from Monty Python's Flying Circus is the police station where every person can only hear one way of speaking. Fast, slow, high, low, song. . . But I can't find it on youtube. A close second, and if you've never seen it (I know people who haven't), you must watch:

Reaction Score
It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World...I still laugh every time I watch

I always loved that movie. I watched it recently. There was basically a remake of that called Rat Race. Without a doubt, in my mind, the funniest movie ever. My favorite scene:

I remember being in the army watching Porky's with a bunch of paratroopers. Not sure if we were delirious but I have never laughed so hard as I did the first time I saw it. We were literally falling on the floor. So many funny scenes we went home with stomach aches.

Porky's: Principal's office

Other good choices, but I don't consider them hold you sides funny:
Something about Mary
Princess Bride
What's Up Doc
Arthur (the original)
Airplane
Caddyshack
Monty Python
Smokey and the Bandit
Blues Brothers
Cannonball Run

Television has so many - how could you even chose?:
I love Lucy (the standard bearer)
How I Met Your Mother (You know, Barney, for anyone else, this would be a new low but sadly for you, it's just a new middle)
Seinfeld
Married With Children
South Park (if you get the right episode)
Always Sunny in Philly
Big Bang Theory
2 1/2 Men
The Office
Friends
Reno 911
Brooklyn 99
Will and Grace
30 Rock
Kind of Queens
Up Schitt's Creek
Becker
Spin City
F Troop
Gilligan
Cheers
Frasier
Taxi
WKRP
That 70's Show
The Cosby's
Home Improvement
Everyone Loves Ray
Either Bob Newhart
The Mentalist (definitely not a comedy but Patrick Jane makes you laugh)

and these are just off the top of my head..........

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
"Everybody Loves Raymond" is wildly funny. Incredible cast. Of all my fave comedies during my life this show probably generates the most LOLs/minute.

Marie: "I will not be a trophy wife!"

Frank: "Trophy wife?!? What contest in hell did I win?"

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
"Everybody Loves Raymond" is wildly funny. Incredible cast. Of all my fave comedies during my life this show probably generates the most LOLs/minute.

Marie: "I will not be a trophy wife!"

Frank: "Trophy wife?!? What contest in hell did I win?"
Oh, geez, if we can start on one-liners, my favorite is from Married with Children. In one early season, Al is in the shoe store, serving a woman who insists she wears a size smaller than she can fit into.

Al: You're never going to get that foot into that shoe!

Woman: How can you say that to my face?

Al: I'd say it behind your back, but my car's only got half a tank of gas!

Reaction Score
Original Get Smart.
(Actually, I rewatched it recently and it wasn't quite as good as I remembered)

Isn't this always the case? The two comedy shows that I can remember having those gut-hurting, almost breath-seeking laughs while watching, when I was a young teen, were

Martin & Rowan's Laugh In, and
All In The Family.

Now I watch and get an occasional laugh, but mostly smiles.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

not always funny but when it was. Man o man!

The pretty nurse running to the chopper was Lt Dish. She was played by Karen Philipp who , along with Lani Hall, was also one of the female singers of Brasil 66.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I liked the old Burns and Allen show. And The Jackie Gleason show ,especially the Honeymooners. Gleason was good, but his supporting cast was amazing. Your Show of Shows was also funny. And the Dick Van Dyke show always made me laugh. MTM saying "Oh Rob" and bordering on tears was unforgettable. And The MTM Show too. Nothing better than Chuckles!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Isn't this always the case? The two comedy shows that I can remember having those gut-hurting, almost breath-seeking laughs while watching, when I was a young teen, were

Martin & Rowan's Laugh In, and
All In The Family.

Now I watch and get an occasional laugh, but mostly smiles.
All in the Family would be my #2 based on the strength of Carroll O'
Connor. But there is no secondary character who blows me away (Love Edith, tho). Ray has Robert Barone who just slays it every show.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Blazing Saddles (but nowadays, not PC, I am guessing.)
Airplane
Tie with Sid Caesar's Show of Shows and Caesar's Hour. How could they not be the funniest shows with this HOF all-star roster of writers: Mel Brooks, Neil Simon, Danny Simon, Mel Tolkin, Lucille Kallen, Selma Diamond, Joseph Stein, Michael Stewart, Tony Webster, Carl Reiner, Larry Gelbart and Woody Allen.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
One that I completely forgot about - but its absolutely great: The Gods Must be Crazy.
OMG! You are right! It is the funniest movie ever. We had to buy a second tape. We wore out the first. Tears in our eyes, stomach clenching, gasping for breath funny. Sorry Mel, but it beats Blazzing Saddles. For TV I'll stay with Sid Caesar.

Reaction Score
I know this about funniest movie or TV show. Insane City by Dave Barry is the funniest book I've ever read. I could not stop laughing. My side hurt by the time I finished reading that book.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Movie: Blazing Saddles

TV Show: First 2 years of the Cosby Show.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom