Fudd | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Fudd

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
In the arena of wants for a top player is the opportunity to improve by practicing against other top players. As in ‘iron sharpens iron’, daily competition against the best is the way to improve (if coaching and facilities were equal). Maryland and Louisville have some great players UCLA not so much. On this criteria the best place to improve during the next few years is UConn. Seeing Azzi’s history of fighting through two knee surgeries I assume she is driven to be the best she can be. If she wants to stay home it’s Maryland. If she wants to get out of the Paige amplified limelight it’s UCLA. If she falls for a smooth sales pitch, it’s Jeff. But if she wants to be the best she can be...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Sir, I understand but have no reason to worry as I know the truth and time will prove me correct.
Don't forget to thank me once the formal announcement happens.
Methinks thou dost protest too much.

You’ve made your point. It’s time for all of us to step back and wait to hear what Azzi has to say. If her decision lines up with your prediction, please feel free to tell all of us, “I told you so.”

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Azzi has been unable to make an Official visits to UCONN. I am well aware that she along with her Dad have been on Campus several times to attend games.
Also was she able to make Official visits to UCLA/Louisville/Maryland prior to the virus spread.. just curious

Effective September 16, the NCAA suspension of all in-person recruiting for D1 sports is extended through January 1. Coaches are not allowed to meet face-to-face with a recruit off campus or do any in-person scouting. However, since June 1, strength and conditioning coaches have been allowed to virtually observe workouts if specifically requested by the student-athlete.

The NCAA has also encouraged all colleges to stop all official and unofficial visits. Recruiting will not stop completely; coaches and recruits can still communicate over email, phone, text and social media.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I do think in retrospect that part of Azzi's deliberate process was hearing/ seeing first hand the Geno / Paige dynamic. You would think it would not be an issue but I can see if you are looking in from the outside that Geno's well known "being hardest on his top players' and perhaps wanting to nudge Paige off her accolades might have led to some friction?? but by every measure, their relationship has been off the charts

I can now see the tipping point being that Azzi and Geno can take turns (or double team) giving Paige Kardashian the business. :p:p:p

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Fudd is friends with Paige but she is also friends with Hailey Van Lith and would not have to share as much of the limelight playing with her. However, I don't think she is concerned about the limelight. She will get that wherever she goes.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fudd is friends with Paige but she is also friends with Hailey Van Lith and would not have to share as much of the limelight playing with her. However, I don't think she is concerned about the limelight. She will get that wherever she goes.

Maybe I am off the mark but Hailey Van Lith's game seems to overlap Azzi's game far more than Paige who is a true elite facilitator. There is really no logical basketball reason that is not in UConn's favor so we just have to wait and worry about those darn intangibles.

Reaction Score
With the vaccine for the Covid 19 virus projected to not be available to the general public until mid 2021, a number of players may choose to stay close to home. Their parents may also think that way. That could favor Maryland. I just hope it does not cause Brady to change her commitment. I also hope it does not play into Fudd's choice.
Also the second wave of Covid 19 is here. The hope is that by fall of 2021 it will be over. So going to UConn still will make sense for her. However, if something is really bad, it's easier to go home from College Park than it is from Storrs.

Reaction Score
Don't believe Fudd is concerned with sharing limelight, particularly with Paige, but with UConn one of the strongest teams in the US, there is talent at every position. With the other teams she appears to be considering, she would come in as #1.

Reaction Score
Also the second wave of Covid 19 is here. The hope is that by fall of 2021 it will be over. So going to UConn still will make sense for her. However, if something is really bad, it's easier to go home from College Park than it is from Storrs.

A 5 hour car ride is not exactly a cross country voyage.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sir, I understand but have no reason to worry as I know the truth and time will prove me correct.
Don't forget to thank me once the formal announcement happens.

I certainly will @Magruber. People are interpreting my post as hostile. I was just trying to interject a little levity. I guess there is no kidding about Azzi's decision.

Reaction Score

CT has been decimated by the virus & the numbers are still increasing. If she wants to be close to home because of virus fears, then MD will probably be her choice.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Unless you are the one who convinced her to attend UConn, I don’t know what we would be thanking you for.
Jonathan, in all fairness, he is just allaying (or trying to allay our fears over the 2 schools with the shocker that the second school was UCLA and then the news that there’s were really 4 schools including Maryland which many had surmised would be a strong consideration. We don’t have much history with this poster to believe OR NOT believe them but due to our losing a few other #1 prospects (or close to #1 prospects recently- Wilson, Jones, Boston) many are skittish.
I wish most here on the board would not attack or be derisive on their comments as he has made a proclamation that none of us can refute and frankly want to EVER refute so let us have this play out and see if @Magruber becomes our “esteemed colleague” or “that tool who proclaimed she who shall not named was coming to UConn”. I prefer the former!
Some of us believe you Magruber...but then again my family views me as “that kooky guy” so not sure having me in your corner is a true testament..:rolleyes:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That is correct. There is no insider information on women basketball.

That could very well be true but the information posted on the premium 247 site by the staff writer did not come from inside the Maryland women's program. The 247 staff writer was told this by someone close to the Fudd family.

Reaction Score
Usually each preseason you hear a discouraging word about one or two of the UCONN girls from Geno or the coaching staff! But this preseason has been all "hearts and flowers"!
So I'm guessing things are going smoothly on campus! And the team might be ahead of schedule!
Or just a 73 year old lost in space listening to radio waves from Mars!

Reaction Score
That could very well be true but the information posted on the premium 247 site by the staff writer did not come from inside the Maryland women's program. The 247 staff writer was told this by someone close to the Fudd family.
This could be true as well. I think it would be more believable if it was on Testudo Times than IMS. They don't care about WCBB.

Reaction Score
You're not taking the beltway if you live in Arlington, Va.
True enough, but sometimes it takes five hours to get through the district and northern Virginia from College Park to Arlington. ;)

Of course, the Metro is an option (when it's not down for maintenance.):)

Reaction Score
True enough, but sometimes it takes five hours to get through the district and northern Virginia from College Park to Arlington. ;)

Of course, the Metro is an option (when it's not down for maintenance.):)
Isn't New York on the way to Connecticut? Just asking but I thought NYC have traffic issues as well.

And yes, driving through the city in DC is just as bad. Especially I-295.

Reaction Score
Isn't New York on the way to Connecticut? Just asking but I thought NYC have traffic issues as well.

And yes, driving through the city in DC is just as bad. Especially I-295.

Yes, the drive can be difficult. But there is the view of 11 National Championship banners once you get there. A view that Maryland, and every other program, can't offer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom