Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
it makes me so nervous that she follows all the UCLA social media accounts. I want her to be a husky so bad!!! her and Paige would be dangerous
In Twitter, she follows UCLA, ND, Maryland, Louisville, Xavier, Michigan State, Georga, UCU, NC State, St Jones, Boston College, South Carolina, UConn, Chris Dailey, Shea Ralph, Marisa, Moseley, Maya, Breanna, Paige, Saylor, Christyn and Caroline Ducharme.

I won't worry this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Grown men following a female High School Student Athletes Social Media Accounts! I had a problem with it when I coached! So did my players parents! I also have a problem with it as a father and grandfather! It's just wrong and IMO it goes on to much from certain people on this site! Just because you can doesn't make it right!

Reaction Score
Grown men following a female High School Student Athletes Social Media Accounts! I had a problem with it when I coached! So did my players parents! I also have a problem with it as a father and grandfather! It's just wrong and IMO it goes on to much from certain people on this site! Just because you can doesn't make it right!
I don't see any wrong to follow a female High School Student Athletes Social Media Accounts. If I like some people I will follow them regardless their age.

I follow Paige since she was in high school. If you have daughter or granddaughter do you follow them when they were young?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I personally don’t have a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or any other account, nor do I follow anyone else’s accounts. But it seems to me that one of the reasons these top HS recruits have such accounts is to “create their brand” by marketing themselves to the general public. I was astounded to learn about the monetary value of Paige’s twitter following.

I have no problem with UConn fans following a UConn recruit, who is about to announce her college decision, and also happens to be the #1 player in the nation. Call me old fashioned, but I think any responsibility for whether or not a HS athlete’s social media accounts are being used appropriately resides with the athlete’s parents.

Reaction Score
I don't see any wrong to follow a female High School Student Athletes Social Media Accounts. If I like some people I will follow them regardless their age.

I follow Paige since she was in high school. If you have daughter or granddaughter do you follow them when they were young?
Kaizen do you think it's the same if you are following a female High School Student you don't know and you have the balls to compare that with my blood! You're not that bright are you! I didn't say any names either. So you must feel guilty! I just said how I felt and how my players parents felt! So if if your feelings are hurt
I personally don’t have a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or any other account, nor do I follow anyone else’s accounts. But it seems to me that one of the reasons these top HS recruits have such accounts is to “create their brand” by marketing themselves to the general public. I was astounded to learn about the monetary value of Paige’s twitter following.

I have no problem with UConn fans following a UConn recruit, who is about to announce her college decision, and also happens to be the #1 player in the nation. Call me old fashioned, but I think any responsibility for whether or not a HS athlete’s social media accounts are being used appropriately resides with the athlete’s parents.
Like I said I didn't like it when I coached and not one of my parents liked either! There is more than just basketball on there! It's the parents to watch yes! But grown men following a high school students Social Media Accounts and not knowing them personally! It's creepy and again I had players and parents who didn't like it! Not one of them!

Reaction Score
I also follow several dog and cats' photos in their Instagram. I like to see beautiful pet photos and natural scenes.
@cbrraj no need to response you are sick and ignored.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

If a player’s account is private, I don’t make a request to follow them. If their account is public and I’m interested, I follow. FWIW, I’m not a grown man.

On both Snapchat and Instagram, there is a way for you to set content to only be seen by a select group of your followers. I can promise you that most teenagers and young adults use it (not just high profile ones), so you’re still only seeing content the content they want you to see. Also, many of them have two Instagrams — one they keep very private. If you have high school or college aged kids or grandkids, ask them about Finstas. You’ll learn a lot.

The athletes have Twitter accounts for recruiting, but young people don’t use it much anymore — it’s been mostly relegated, like Facebook, as a place where older people just argue about about politics.

If parents are super concerned about who is following their kid(s) on social media, then they should be sitting down with them and cleaning out their accounts. If the kids are worried, they should lock down their account and shouldn’t accept followers they don’t know.

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score

AAGH! @cbraari - You a grandfather and coaching junior high school girls; then, you go on and discuss their social media accounts with their parents. And, you condescending deign to lecture Kaizer and oldude.

Get a 'freekin grip!

Reaction Score

if players don’t want strangers following them, they simply will make their account “ private”. Takes about five seconds. Those who don’t do that clearly have no problem about who follows them.

Reaction Score
It is creepy.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
if players don’t want strangers following them, they simply will make their account “ private”. Takes about five seconds. Those who don’t do that clearly have no problem about who follows them.

Exactly. Anyone who is trying to amass followers and gain a following (almost any high profile college athlete) deals with fans/haters/anyone/adults following their accounts unless they privatize it. Comes with the territory. Players and fans know this. Azzi has almost 150k IG followers, Paige has 564k...chances are more than a few of those are grown men and Azzi/Paige/their parents are well aware of this.

Reaction Score

Generally agree with your comments about following an athlete as they are about to make a commitment, but wonder how a parent can control social media when their son or daughter has followers that begin in 8th grade or sooner.

Reaction Score

Believe me all of these kids have multiple accounts....one ‘public’ like you say here used for branding etc and then one ‘personal’ for just their friends and where they can post whatever they want. They all do this and they make the personal ones harder to find meaning it won’t be anything related to their names and won’t be a picture of their face.

It all seems so silly but it’s probably not the worse way to handle it in today’s world

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Generally agree with your comments about following an athlete as they are about to make a commitment, but wonder how a parent can control social media when their son or daughter has followers that begin in 8th grade or sooner.
My son grew up when the internet was just getting started and there was no such thing as social media. But my wife and I limited his tv watching, he did not have a portable phone until he went away to college and we always kept a close eye on who he was with and what he was doing.

While the internet and social media make parenting much more challenging, that doesn’t absolve parents from their responsibility. If I was raising a child today, I would limit their time on social media and the internet (homework first) and I would regularly police their account to insure that the content was appropriate. I would also set parental controls on my child’s internet account.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Like I said I didn't like it when I coached and not one of my parents liked either! There is more than just basketball on there! It's the parents to watch yes! But grown men following a high school students Social Media Accounts and not knowing them personally! It's creepy and again I had players and parents who didn't like it! Not one of them!
I don’t know how we ever survived without social media, but the parents of young athletes today are not powerless. As many have pointed out, they could require their children to make their accounts private and monitor closely who they are connecting with, or they could simply take away their access to social media altogether.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
So it looks like this thread focus has moved on so time to close.

And a reminder, this is not the place to come and exchange personal insults. If that is your need or nature, you will have to do that elsewhere. We DO NOT do that here.

Now we can all anticipate when we get the next Azzi thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom