Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Obviously great players succeed at most places and become good pros. It just seems that Geno generally finds a way to refine the ability in ways that most coaches just don’t. One thing I’d say right now, if I’m an elite scorer and see how Anna and apparently Paige and Niki find open shooters, I’d be drooling to play with them.
Paige has promised Azzi 20 ppg, I believe.

That would be 6-10 shots for Azzi. :)

Reaction Score
I have never been to the "Dairy Bar", but it gets good press on this site. Our friends at Mississippi State could tell you about their homegrown ice cream plant. It is quite well known in SEC country.

The UConn Dairy Bar was unique back in the day.

But all reminiscing aside, wherever you live in Connecticut, or New England, these days you’re within shouting distance of local farm-made ice cream. There’s nothing unique anymore about the UConn Dairy Bar.

I know this is blasphemy, and the PC police will do their worst, but the UConn Dairy Bar just might be the most annoying, tired, trotted out line on the BY. Guaranteed to surface whenever recruiting is the topic.

[ ]

There, I said it! Wow, what a relief! It was nice knowing everyone and thank you for all the fish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

But all reminiscing aside, wherever you live in Connecticut, or New England, these days you’re within shouting distance of local farm-made ice cream.

I know this is blasphemy and the PC police will do their worst, but the UConn Dairy Bar just might be the most annoying, tired, trotted out line on the BY. Guaranteed to surface whenever a recruiting is the topic.
[ ]

There, I said it! Wow, what a relief! It was nice knowing everyone and thank you for all the fish.
Maybe the ice cream froze your brain. ;):eek:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Since there is a recurring dairy/ice cream side bar to this thread, I have to mention Young's Dairy near Beavercreek, OH (suburb of Dayton) where my brother lives. I've been there a few times on my visits, but I'm sure his family have been there hundreds of times over the years.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

But all reminiscing aside, wherever you live in Connecticut, or New England, these days you’re within shouting distance of local farm-made ice cream. There’s nothing unique anymore about the UConn Dairy Bar.

I know this is blasphemy, and the PC police will do their worst, but the UConn Dairy Bar just might be the most annoying, tired, trotted out line on the BY. Guaranteed to surface whenever recruiting is the topic.
[ ]

I graduated from UConn in 2011 and the Dairy Bar was definitely a food highlight of my time in Storrs. Whenever I had visitors, I took them, and repeat visitors would always ask to go back. I've tried my fair share of ice creams across this great land (including collegiate offerings from Penn State and Clemson), but the DB definitely holds its ground amongst my favorite creameries.

Reaction Score
They are certainly talented with or without her. But there is certainly no such thing as having enough talent if you haven't won a title the prior year (or at least get to the Final Four and lose on a buzzer beater etc). While what UCONN has done recently is still terrific - if they have a chance to get better then it has to be done. It needs to be done.

Azzi Fudd is more than likely a superstar. Superstars impact the game more than just at their own position. There are other great teams out there as well. The current group of frosh - other than Paige-- are huge question marks even though we think they'll be fine. Next year's class is the same. Next year more than likely UCONN doesn't have the best center, or the best pf, or the best sg (they probably have the best pg next year). UCONN has been beaten up pretty good the past couple of years by elite teams. If the goal is to win a title and you don't have the very best at the other positions- then you NEED a potential superstar. UCONN NEEDS Azzi Fudd.

In addition, you see how younger players look up to superstars. Azzi Fudd will more-than-likely be a player that is looked up by many younger players. But with all that said -- the most important factor is that UCONN does not have truly great inside play. Thus they need to dominate in some big games vs elite teams in the backcourt. Azzi Fudd can help ensure that domination. Look at the game which Oklahoma and UCONN played in the finals in 2002. Neither Bird or Dt hit one single 3. In fact, DT's 1ts two years -of her 3 games in FF and Championship- two games she missed all her 3's. Bottomline is UCONN doesn't have enough until they win it all or start to at least rough up the other elite teams. It will be a lot harder to do without a potential superstar in Azzi Fudd. And her game fits the style UCONN loves to play. **That will make her better too!!!!!
Having Paige and Azzi will also make the others around them better, and CD's/Jamelle's coaching of the the "Bigs" we do have will make them GREAT!!! Combined with Geno's tactics, AWESOME!!!! Bring on the season.....

Reaction Score
Caldwell transferred, Drummer was injured and never really got to show what she could do, only Canada had a good career, yet she never learned how to shoot. I would say that class was overrated, but also looking at Jefferson vs Canada will tell you that if Fudd wants to develop then UConn not UCLA would be the place to go.
FANtastic bottom line!

Reaction Score
If Azzi does announce her decision tomorrow I can only hope she does it on eastern Standard time... the sooner the better.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If Azzi does announce her decision tomorrow I can only hope she does it on eastern Standard time... the sooner the better.

The thought is it might be November 11, her birthday, not October 11.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

72395EE9-BFDB-4D25-A920-AD8E2CDFF328.jpeg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

[ ]

Yeah.... I read all about it on this site alot. It's probably overrated...... but if any of yall wanna prove me wrong.... feel free to send down 3 pints of Butter Pecan and 2 pints of Chocolate for me to taste test. :cool:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yeah.... I read all about it on this site alot. It's probably overrated...... but if any of yall wanna prove me wrong.... feel free to send down 3 pints of Butter Pecan and 2 pints of Chocolate for me to taste test. :cool:
I'll never believe anything you say again. Anyone who likes Butter Pecan and Chocolate ice cream cannot be believed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The thought is it might be November 11, her birthday, not October 11.
Yes, Azzi's birthday is the first day of the Early Signing Period. But I think we've heard recently that Azzi may decide/announce BEFORE the Early Signing Period. Azzi can still have a special day by signing on her birthday, even if she announces before that. I'm being patient until November 11, but we may hear something sooner.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes, Azzi's birthday is the first day of the Early Signing Period. But I think we've heard recently that Azzi may decide/announce BEFORE the Early Signing Period. Azzi can still have a special day by signing on her birthday, even if she announces before that. I'm being patient until November 11, but we may hear something sooner.

I'm surprised we got her final list. Her camp is air tight. No leaks. No news from "anonymous" sources during the summer. nothing. An occasional picture on instagram, but that's it. I'm not looking for any more releases from her camp until she decides to announce her verbal commitment. She's not boastful or seeks attention. All the schools that believed they were in the running for her, held a scholarship open for her. Her recent reveal allows them to use that scholarship on another recruit.

Only one other player in the top 60 in her class is still uncommitted (#37 Jillian Hollingshead 6'4" F from Georgia). A total of 7 top 100 players remain uncommitted. Each day that goes by puts us closer to her reveal day which could come at any time. Until then, as you say.....all we can do is be patient. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I'd feel a lot better if I could feel confident. :)

Reaction Score

[ ]

Hopefully, you are not posting from "the restaurant at the end of the Universe...."

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That's what I'm thinking.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'll never believe anything you say again. Anyone who likes Butter Pecan and Chocolate ice cream cannot be believed.
If they wrote "butter pecan and maple walnut" then I would hope the nursing home cancelled their computer time.

:cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That's what I'm thinking.

Not speaking as Carnac, but speaking and thinking as a random fan, I have a feeling she’s coming to UConn, for lots different reasons.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Not speaking as Carnac, but speaking and thinking as a random fan, I have a feeling she’s coming to UConn, for lots different reasons.
Which are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01