Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She who shall not be named - the ostensible subject of this thread - a question: What is the source for the claim that she will be declaring "early"?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The interest in Azzi here in the yard is amazing. As of this morning (Wednesday Oct 14), this thread has already generated 47,000+ hits since it was posted by DaBball just 10 days ago (Oct 4).

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn't voyage into the recruit thread, this is new footage from last weekend's AAU event. UConn watched online.

Anyone else feeling sorry for the refs who have to do so many 3pt signals. :)

Are there any stats kept at this level on Azzi's 3pt shooting percentage?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn't voyage into the recruit thread, this is new footage from last weekend's AAU event. UConn watched online.

Such an easy, efficient shooting motion is truly a thing of beauty.

Mom did real good teaching those mechanics.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Such an easy, efficient shooting motion is truly a thing of beauty.

Mom did real good teaching those mechanics.

Besides Mechanics, there is such a physicality to her game. Can't be bumped off her mark when shooting

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Besides Mechanics, there is such a physicality to her game. Can't be bumped off her mark when shooting
Yes. She can also put the ball on the floor and get to her own shot from the arc. That’s rare, even among great shooters, many of whom are basically “catch and shoot” scorers from the arc.

Reaction Score
I like the way she’s hunting for 3 point shots in that highlight video. It looks like she’s running point, maybe that’s why she got recent comparisons to Kara Lawson and Katie Smith, that could be another reason she’s looking at UCLA, maybe she sees herself as a point guard at the next level.

Reaction Score
As much fun as this story is, I still suspect that these might not be her final two, especially not without a direct quote. Suppose the reporter asked ‘where are you going to college?’ and Ms Fudd said ‘it’s between UCONN and UCLA’. That could mean South Bend or Maryland or literally any place that is physically in between the two. I’m not saying this is what happened, but for as closed mouthed as she has been, the SI story seems an unusual place to make this kind of announcement.

Reaction Score
As much fun as this story is, I still suspect that these might not be her final two, especially not without a direct quote. Suppose the reporter asked ‘where are you going to college?’ and Ms Fudd said ‘it’s between UCONN and UCLA’. That could mean South Bend or Maryland or literally any place that is physically in between the two. I’m not saying this is what happened, but for as closed mouthed as she has been, the SI story seems an unusual place to make this kind of announcement.

And you don't think Fudd would have corrected the story on one of her social media accounts?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:eek: Maryland is "physically" between UCONN and and UCLA?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
:eek: Maryland is "physically" between UCONN and and UCLA?
Yes it is. Maryland Heights, MO is a suburb of St. Louis with a population of about 27,000 people. You can practically draw a straight line between Storrs, CT and LA that is bisected by Maryland, MO. Not too sure about their basketball program though..... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Great to see a girl high schooler with a real jump shot, not the from-the-shoulder push so common. Would like to see the release point higher above her head, a big advantage when taking it down low among the bigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom