Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Fudd is down to UCLA and UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yeah.... I read all about it on this site alot. It's probably overrated...... but if any of yall wanna prove me wrong.... feel free to send down 3 pints of Butter Pecan and 2 pints of Chocolate for me to taste test. :cool:
Pints? Really, you can't do better than that? :rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hope Azzi remembers the 20 questions game she played with Paige

Go to the last question. " What is your finishing move you would use with 10 seconds left and need to score?

Azzi: Pull up Jumper
Paige: Dribbling off a high screen and zip a pass to Azzi in the corner for a 3.

Lesson 1. Azzi thinks of herself as a world class finisher.
Lesson 2 Paige thinks of herself as a facilitator above all else

Marriage made in hardcourt heaven

Reaction Score
Yes. She can also put the ball on the floor and get to her own shot from the arc. That’s rare, even among great shooters, many of whom are basically “catch and shoot” scorers from the arc.
I agree. And she doesn't waste time with excess dribbling and moves. Simply finds the open spots, gets there and shoots it. Very efficient and as a spot up at the 3 line she's going to open up huge gaps in the defense. Pick your poison, she'll kill you from 3 or Bueckers will in the mid range. Fudd will be the best floor spreader I've seen since KML.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I agree. And she doesn't waste time with excess dribbling and moves. Simply finds the open spots, gets there and shoots it. Very efficient and as a spot up at the 3 line she's going to open up huge gaps in the defense. Pick your poison, she'll kill you from 3 or Bueckers will in the mid range. Fudd will be the best floor spreader I've seen since KML.

don't use the word 'spreader' please. :eek::eek::oops::oops:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Azzi's midrange game is deadly. Head fake, 2 dribbles, 15 feet, elevate, swish. time after time after time after ...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Since when? :oops:

a.jpg

Reaction Score
As much fun as this story is, I still suspect that these might not be her final two, especially not without a direct quote. Suppose the reporter asked ‘where are you going to college?’ and Ms Fudd said ‘it’s between UCONN and UCLA’. That could mean South Bend or Maryland or literally any place that is physically in between the two. I’m not saying this is what happened, but for as closed mouthed as she has been, the SI story seems an unusual place to make this kind of announcement.
You realize that if this were the case it would eliminate both UCLA and UConn.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Like the rest of you, I continue to check in on the boneyard 8-10 times a day for any breaking news. We’re all waiting for the the same thing, the other shoe to drop. One of these times, I’m going to check in, and it will be here. Someone will post a thread with the 3 words I want and expect to see: ”Fudd to UConn.“ :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

I commented last week that support for WCBB here in So Cal is tepid at best. Your post corroborates that observation. UCLA and USC are the two major D1 programs in So Cal. There has not been a measurable interest in WCBB here since 1984, the last of USC’s 2 national championships. Too many other options for local basketball fans, including the Lakers and the Clippers.

Reaction Score
I commented last week that support for WCBB here in So Cal is tepid at best. Your post corroborates that observation. UCLA and USC are the two major D1 programs in So Cal. There has not been a measurable interest in WCBB here since 1984, the last of USC’s 2 national championships. Too many other options for local basketball fans, including the Lakers and the Clippers.

If it is truly transcendent she could make the UCLA attendance skyrocket, like I said before I wouldn’t be surprised to see LeBron James pop up at a game.

Reaction Score
Last time I heard news from UCLA is the news about U.C.L.A. Suspends 3 Players Shoplifting in China 3 years ago. That includes the infamous LiAngelo Ball from the Ball family. Time passes really fast.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Has anyone stopped to think about the other 2021 UConn recruits? Byers are saying Paige is recruiting Fudd hard. Well, maybe the other recruits are also in her ear. It will be an all name class: Fudd, Poffenbarger,
Deberry best post player in the class and Doo-shar- may. (Ducharme) That is potentially a very talented class. They may have a little influence on Azzi. However, I know in the end it will be her decision. I no longer look for her announcement. It will come in time.

Reaction Score
If it is truly transcendent she could make the UCLA attendance skyrocket, like I said before I wouldn’t be surprised to see LeBron James pop up at a game.
IMO, she’ll be very good but she won’t be transcendent and carry a team. She’ll need the support structure of a UConn type roster to reach her potential.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Fudd would have a Chennedy Carter type collegiate career if she went to UCLA. Supporting talent likely a little better at UCLA, but the path would be similar.

Playing for a good but not great team, some occasional attention nationally, great individual numbers.

I don`t get the sense that she is really looking for that kind of experience.

UCLA is closer to Tinseltown, but the spotlight will shine brighter on her in Storrs.

Reaction Score
Has anyone stopped to think about the other 2021 UConn recruits? Byers are saying Paige is recruiting Fudd hard. Well, maybe the other recruits are also in her ear. It will be an all name class: Fudd, Poffenbarger,
Deberry best post player in the class and Doo-shar- may. (Ducharme) That is potentially a very talented class. They may have a little influence on Azzi. However, I know in the end it will be her decision. I no longer look for her announcement. It will come in time.
I believe all that recruiting was done over the last couple years by that whole group. It’s no longer necessary. I’m of the opinion that this decision hasn’t been as difficult as it’s been portrayed. For heavily recruited players, many times the biggest difficulty for a teenager comes with having to tell the coaches who missed out after relationships have been formed.

Reaction Score
it makes me so nervous that she follows all the UCLA social media accounts. I want her to be a husky so bad!!! her and Paige would be dangerous

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Today, I was re-watching Paige’s highlights from the U-17 World Championships. It’s amazing just how many of Paige’s highlight reel passes ended up in Azzi’s hands. Whatever else might be attractive to Azzi about UCLA, there’s only one Paige.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom