Fudd, DeBerry and Patterson Invited to USA BB U-19 Trials | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fudd, DeBerry and Patterson Invited to USA BB U-19 Trials

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It's an average of 1 TO every 10 minutes which is about the same frequency as Aaliyah Edwards. Would you dub her a turnover machine?
Not my words. Just wanted everyone to make their comparisons fairly.

Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme, turns 20 in November and is too old for the U-19 team
Wow, she's almost two entire years older than Citron, whose birthday is November, 2003 and nearly a year and a half older than Saylor who was born in April, 2003. That has to be pretty rare for two kids in the same grade.

Reaction Score
Hope to see the UCONN talent play in the international tournaments.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
....did you watch her at all at Maryland this season? Literally none of what you describe lines up with how she played.
I did did watch her play this season. Did you happen to peep the post by @SCspur. Angel is talented but she got some growing up to do.
Without bias I would say Feagin has a better overall skill set than Reese. Her back to the basket and face up game is the more refined of the two but I love Reese’s creativity and finishing around the rim on her layups. I think she could be a leader for this team if she made it but as @CocoHusky said she has to work on her attitude and on court body language. When Maryland was playing Texas it was very evident from the viewers at home. I think it comes from a good place of compassion and competitive spirit but she must channel that and turn it into a positive look because right now it looks more negative than anything.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's an average of 1 TO every 10 minutes which is about the same frequency as Aaliyah Edwards. Would you dub her a turnover machine?
No but here is the difference and I alluded to it in my post-AE does not fancy herself a Point guard like Angel does. Angel has an AA PG so give the ball up and run the floor and you'll get it back. Angel doesn't do that she trying to lead the break and initiate the offense 30 feet away from the basket.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I did did watch her play this season. Did you happen to peep the post by @SCspur. Angel is talented but she got some growing up to do.
I watched the game and noticed Miller becoming a bit over emotional during the game but never noticed it from Reese. As an aside, players often become more frustrated and emotional during games they're losing, especially when the stakes are high. One could make a similar statement from watching Muhl/Bueckers in the Final Four in regards to body language.

All season long Angel was extremely positive and a fantastic cheerleader from the bench. She was the team's hype woman and would get her teammates fired up. Other posters noted this too throughout the season. I hate seeing people drag a player based on reputation from HS days when the reality is far from it.

Reaction Score
Wow, she's almost two entire years older than Citron, whose birthday is November, 2003 and nearly a year and a half older than Saylor who was born in April, 2003. That has to be pretty rare for two kids in the same grade.
Did did Caroline stay back a year? Or was her last hs season like a post grad year? Stewie turned 18 just before starting her freshman year (august birthday I believe). And Caroline is turning 20 a few months after starting her freshman year.

Reaction Score
No but here is the difference and I alluded to it in my post-AE does not fancy herself a Point guard like Angel does. Angel has an AA PG so give the ball up and run the floor and you'll get it back. Angel doesn't do that she trying to lead the break and initiate the offense 30 feet away from the basket.
Maybe you’re confusing Reese with Miller because this almost never happened. She deferred to Owusu and Benzan in the half-court offense. When she “initiated” the offense, it was off defensive rebounds, and she’s plenty capable of turning and going.

Anyway no point in arguing. If Reese’s offense is good enough, she’ll make the team. She’s more than capable defensively and as a teammate.

Reaction Score
Did did Caroline stay back a year? Or was her last hs season like a post grad year? Stewie turned 18 just before starting her freshman year (august birthday I believe). And Caroline is turning 20 a few months after starting her freshman year.

Bent was an outstanding student but when she transferred to Tabor Academy from a public HS she was required to repeat her sophomore year. These prep schools exist to get the children of affluent parents into ivy league schools.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Maybe you’re confusing Reese with Miller because this almost never happened. She deferred to Owusu and Benzan in the half-court offense. When she “initiated” the offense, it was off defensive rebounds, and she’s plenty capable of turning and going.

Anyway no point in arguing. If Reese’s offense is good enough, she’ll make the team. She’s more than capable defensively and as a teammate.
I’m definitely not confusing Reese with Miller. Diamond Miller is a Jersey girl and one of my favorite players.

Reaction Score

I agree with this assessment. Frese even acknowledged in a few interviews her confidence in Reese starting the break off of defensive rebound & also how Reese was one of the team's best passers.

Reaction Score
Not taking anything away from AE, but she can't fancy herself as a PG in any regard not by what she showcased this year.... not saying that she does not have any PG like skills. many scouts & coaches that recruited Reese complimented her dribbling skills especially given her size coming out if HS. Seems you're more bothered by how Reese describes her game & she doesn't even play for your team lol. Who cares ...let these kids game speak for itself.

Reaction Score
Will Aaliyah Edwards play on Canada's U-!9 team or its senior team in the AmeriCup?
Aliyah is on the training camp roster for the Canadian senior national team that will go to the Americup. If it goes well in camp she would go to the Americup and then the Olympics. Olympic roster might have more pros available to it though.

USA U19 camp starts tommorrow!

Reaction Score
As @DaBball posted in the recruiting thread.

The 2021 High School Player of the year ( from Georgia ) is going to South Carolina. Well, we can't get them all.

Fudd was not mentioned in the AA listing I read....though Decharme ( sp?) and Berry both were named ( Caroline was first team; Berry was honorable
mention ).

Reaction Score
Edwards was described as "very mature" during her last stint with team Canada. Simply attending the camp would do a lot for her confidence but I believe she is a much better player this time and may not only make the Americup & Olympic rosters but play.
Of course I see no ceiling to Edwards' game in sight. :)

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

Also: Brooke Demetre and Jordyn Merritt are no longer trying out for the team.

Do we know what that means? (ie, were they cut or did they just drop out?)

Reaction Score
Do we know what that means? (ie, were they cut or did they just drop out?)
Definitely not cut.

California is in the midst of their high school season, so that could of course play a factor with Demetre.

Could also be COVID or injury-related, or anything really.

Reaction Score
Wow Betts makes everyone look short ?
DB1A7F6F-D4FC-49BF-B47C-48FD3931D189.jpeg

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Subscribe or Incognito mode for this one:

Azzi Fudd was looking to work on her defense as the trials for USA Basketball’s U-19 national team opened Friday at Metro State University in Denver.

The UConn incoming freshman guard didn’t take the easy way out. Fudd matched up with her 2017 U-16 teammate Caitlin Clark, who only led the country in scoring and was second in assists as a freshman at Iowa this past season on her way to earning All-American honors.

“I thought I did pretty well going back and forth with her and trying to mess with her and getting into her head,” Fudd said after the morning workout. “She’s great, and it’s great to be around players who have that college experience, especially someone like Caitlin who had a huge role on her team and performed so well. I’ll watch her and see how she plays because she’s used to that next level so it’s a great learning tool for me as I start my freshman year.”

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Subscribe or Incognito mode for this one:

Azzi Fudd was looking to work on her defense as the trials for USA Basketball’s U-19 national team opened Friday at Metro State University in Denver.

The UConn incoming freshman guard didn’t take the easy way out. Fudd matched up with her 2017 U-16 teammate Caitlin Clark, who only led the country in scoring and was second in assists as a freshman at Iowa this past season on her way to earning All-American honors.

“I thought I did pretty well going back and forth with her and trying to mess with her and getting into her head,” Fudd said after the morning workout. “She’s great, and it’s great to be around players who have that college experience, especially someone like Caitlin who had a huge role on her team and performed so well. I’ll watch her and see how she plays because she’s used to that next level so it’s a great learning tool for me as I start my freshman year.”

and UConn never far from her thoughts

“Paige would call me and tell how practices were and how Coach Auriemma would get on them,” Fudd said. “That helps. I totally expect to go in and come out and get my butt kicked a little, but it’s all good.

“I’m excited and I can’t wait to get there. But I’m also nervous because it is UConn. I’m excited about being able to learn from the coaches and getting to know my teammates and competing and playing with them. I haven’t really done that for two years so to be able to get in the gym and get into that routine is exciting.”

and the pain of the FF

“I kept waiting for them to make a shot or two and go on a run and it just never happened,” Fudd said. “We were so close to the bench and it was tough since there was nothing we could do to help them. I’m excited for next year so we can help them get back there and be a part of it.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom