FSU vs Louisville [merged thread] | Page 3 | The Boneyard

FSU vs Louisville [merged thread]

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This loss probably means nothing and will keep UConn out west to Portland. However, if OSU can beat Maryland, all bets are off baby.

Reaction Score
Again, Louisville has the worse losses but also the better victories. They beat Oregon. To me, that's the difference.

Think a better case can be made against Maryland whose best wins are Northwestern and Indiana twice.

Don't agree.

Winning a game in November shouldn't be considered the same as a February win.

UCONN is getting ripped off. But whatever . . .

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Don't agree.

Winning a game in November shouldn't be considered the same as a February win.

UCONN is getting ripped off. But whatever . . .

Beating Oregon is beating Oregon. UConn had that chance and was outplayed.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
"Looming sanctions"? Stop embarrassing yourself!
My team didn’t cheat, have to fire its coach and then disassemble it’s team. But hey tell yourself what you want. So to borrow a phrase from @triaddukefan every time I refer to RedSoxcheat will be the new moniker.
But we digress on the subject that unfortunately Stanford could pass UConn seeding if they were to win out.
Now as far embarrassing themselves, you’re the knucklehead with a baseball meme on a basketball site...:confused:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
No it's not.

Louisville has been taken down twice by one single inferior team. It''s a characteristic that UCONN has been too good to let happen. They haven't dropped down and cowered to such a low level vs teams they should've been better than.

That inferior team--Florida State--is arguably better than any team UConn has beaten all season.

UConn hasn't played a tournament team since losing to South Carolina.

Reaction Score
That inferior team--Florida State--is arguably better than any team UConn has beaten all season.

UConn hasn't played a tournament team since losing to South Carolina.

You bring up an irrelevant point. The fact is they are inferior.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You bring up an irrelevant point. The fact is they are inferior.

There's a difference between Florida State and, say, Temple. Both are inferior to Louisville and UConn respectively, but that doesn't make them equal opponents. The only teams UConn has played that are definitely better than Florida State beat the Huskies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In addition February games should carry more weight. especially when the supposed top 5 team drops games vs teams they should be quite bit superior too. And what's the excuse for Syracuse? UCONN doesn't play like a sick dog vs teams they should beat. Apparently Louisville has shown a pension to play when they feel like it.

Syracuse is still better than any team UConn has faced since the South Carolina game.

This 'supposed to win' thing is misdirection. FSU is no pushover. They are a top-15 team that's been in the top-10 this year. This is not the same thing as beating the American teams UConn has faced the last four weeks.

And I don't know why you're dismissing early season games. Most of UConn's tough non-conference games take place early each season.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean we're all fans here, but obviously the RPI of the teams UCONN beat are no where near what Maryland or Louisville has played. They had a chance at the top three teams and were blown out in all of those games. They are going to have to prove they can compete against the hardest team (Oregon), but I like their chances in single elimination game.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is still better than any team UConn has faced since the South Carolina game.

This 'supposed to win' thing is misdirection. FSU is no pushover. They are a top-15 team that's been in the top-10 this year. This is not the same thing as beating the American teams UConn has faced the last four weeks.

And I don't know why you're dismissing early season games. Most of UConn's tough non-conference games take place early each season.

UCONN hasn't lost to a non top 25 team in how long? Eight years? AND how long has it been since a FSU team has beaten them TWICE? It;s nto misdirection. I think what you're doing is trying to pretend that you are being fair. We win games on here and some of the fan base gets upset. Imagine a loss to the teams Louisvile lost to?

I think if there were betting lines - if UCONN wins the next two games-- we'd see how the favorite would be between the 2. ANd it wouldn't be Louisville.

Further if you are going to count strength of schedule-- then how many years would UCONN not have been the top overall seed or 2nd best when they clearly deserved it? How about all the years when Tenn played a tougher sched though uCONN was better?

What you're doing is trying to bring up irrelevant points and forcing them into relevancy. FSU and Syracuse are irrelevant teams.

ANd even your point early season games is tainted with your bias by trying to pretend to be fair. I
'll bring up again to you that Louisville's record this last month is 7-3. UCONN's early season games of now and the past that you try to bring up were not 7-3 so they never showed the characteristic that Louisville has showed by playing like dogs. So it's not even close to being the same as you imply. You're just ignoring facts by pretending to be fair. There would be a reason why UCONN would probably be favored. Because Feb basketball counts more than Nov hoop. And losing to teams much inferior- dogs-- considering you are top-tier is not as good a sign as not losing.

It's one thing to lose one time to a sick dog. But to lose 3 times in a month- February is something UCONN has never done and frankly a top 5 team shouldn't be considered as such if they do. When you are in this elite status of being a 1 seed or extremely close to it-- then 16th ranked teams and below "are dogs." You've even implied a bit about how there isn't much parity among the top 3 or 4, didn't you? This isn't "Men's basketball." The top tier teams are head and shoulders above the rest. If they aren't then they shouldn't be considered top-tier.

:) Mods will probably get upset with us now by us going back-and-forth so much. So I'l stop-- but you can post last if you wish. I'll read your last post without a reply and let sleeping dogs lie.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UCONN hasn't lost to a non top 25 team in how long? Eight years? AND how long has it been since a FSU team has beaten them TWICE? It;s nto misdirection. I think what you're doing is trying to pretend that you are being fair. We win games on here and some of the fan base gets upset. Imagine a loss to the teams Louisvile lost to?

What you're doing is trying to bring up irrelevant points and forcing them into relevancy. FSU and Syracuse are irrelevant teams.

The point is quite relevant. Florida State is not a "sick dog." UConn hasn't had a chance to lose to a team like FSU because they haven't played one unless you're counting DePaul.

Taking out the riff raff, the Cardinals have beaten Oregon, NC State, and Kentucky while losing to FSU twice, Syracuse, and Ohio State.

UConn has beaten DePaul and Tennessee while losing to the big three.

Louisville has worse losses, but wins over NC State, Kentucky, and Oregon far outweigh wins against DePaul and Tennessee.

RogueDave

Wasn’t Me!
Reaction Score
Assuming all three advance. Nothing is a given

This is exactly the route I would hope the players want. UCONN is not on those jerseys because they backed into a roster spot. In 2011 the Men pulled off said miracle playing through a absolute hellacious seeding both for BE and NCAA. Don’t count out the heart of the Huskies...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The point is quite relevant. Florida State is not a "sick dog." UConn hasn't had a chance to lose to a team like FSU because they haven't played one unless you're counting DePaul.

Taking out the riff raff, the Cardinals have beaten Oregon, NC State, and Kentucky while losing to FSU twice, Syracuse, and Ohio State.

UConn has beaten DePaul and Tennessee while losing to the big three.

Louisville has worse losses, but wins over NC State, Kentucky, and Oregon far outweigh wins against DePaul and Tennessee.
I’m not trying to pick a fight with you, I just need to know why you’re so adamant that everyone understands that
  • UConn had a bad, horrible schedule that is so dreadfully awful our victims can’t beat anyone of notice
  • Oregon, South Carolina, and Baylor can’t possibly lose and are shoo-ins to the Final Four
  • UConn has no chance of upsetting any of the big 3. Period.
WHY do you have to pound this home? No to be insulting but it’s like you have to hammer any optimism or hope out of people.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Regional sites named for 2021 and 2022 DI women’s basketball championship

The NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Committee has awarded regional-round hosting duties for the 2021 and 2022 championships to seven cities, with Spokane, Washington, hosting in both years.

Selected to host regionals in 2021 are Albany, New York (Times Union Center); the Austin, Texas, area (H-E-B Center in Cedar Park); Cincinnati (Cintas Center); and Spokane (Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena), with play taking place March 26-29.

Austin, which has hosted an NCAA championship-record 18 regional games at the Frank Erwin Center, will host in 2021 at the H-E-B Center. The Cintas Center in Cincinnati will be hosting regional play for the first time after hosting first- and second-round action in 2001, 2010 and 2011. An experienced host site, Spokane previously welcomed regional play in 2001, 2008, 2013, 2015 and 2018.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn is playing like a steamroller right now. 5-6 players in double figures aint easy and UConn is doing it. The other top teams are playing lesser talent and arent doin it. UConn is knocking down alot of treys and the passing and movement is at UConns best. We've Arrived at the right time and we're still peaking. If this continues we will be playing one of the top teams in the Regional Final. From that point on Liv has to be on the floor without foul trouble. IMO Liv doesnt get in big foul trouble then we can win it all and this would be Geno's Greatest Accomplishment.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Gosh last time I checked, UCF actually IS a NCAA tournament team, and UCONN has beaten them twice, soon to be 3 times if they can get past Cinci. And by the way, Louisville lost to tOSU, a team that UCONN beat. So there you have it.

The committee is going to do whatever they want. All the hype seems to be that UCONN will be shipped to the Oregon region. However, UCONN should be the #5 seed and therefore should be in Maryland's region. They can send L'ville to Greensborough. Geography be damned. I would think ND fans would flock to Ft. Wayne just for a chance to see UCONN lose...

And let's be honest. UCONN does not look "great" right now. It took Liv getting into foul trouble against Temple for Aubrey to come in and inject a jolt of energy for the team. Getting down 9-2 to Temple at this time of the season is absolutely unacceptable. These slow starts that UCONN gets off to killed us against SC, Oregon and Baylor, and nothing I've seen since then has convinced me we are any better right out the gate. If nothing else, the Temple game proved that.

Having said that, Anna is tremendous. Aubrey is much better. Liv is getting there. Megan is consistent and Crystal is really good. The big problem is Christyn and again, I've seen nothing to indicate she's close to the player we need to help get us to the final 4, or further.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just think this time next year we will not have to worry about anything. It’s going to be UConn and then everyone else.

Reaction Score
Holy Cow!! Florida State loses their football program and messes around develops a pretty solid basketball program on both sides. Their women's program is scary good. Their men's program always a top 20 program as become a top 10 program. Nice. Great win against Louisville.

Reaction Score

I think if there were betting lines - if UCONN wins the next two games-- we'd see how the favorite would be between the 2. ANd it wouldn't be Louisville.

Further if you are going to count strength of schedule-- then how many years would UCONN not have been the top overall seed or 2nd best when they clearly deserved it? How about all the years when Tenn played a tougher sched though uCONN was better?

ANd even your point early season games is tainted with your bias by trying to pretend to be fair. I
'll bring up again to you that Louisville's record this last month is 7-3. UCONN's early season games of now and the past that you try to bring up were not 7-3 so they never showed the characteristic that Louisville has showed by playing like dogs. So it's not even close to being the same as you imply. You're just ignoring facts by pretending to be fair. There would be a reason why UCONN would probably be favored. Because Feb basketball counts more than Nov hoop. And losing to teams much inferior- dogs-- considering you are top-tier is not as good a sign as not losing.

It's one thing to lose one time to a sick dog. But to lose 3 times in a month- February is something UCONN has never done and frankly a top 5 team shouldn't be considered as such if they do. When you are in this elite status of being a 1 seed or extremely close to it-- then 16th ranked teams and below "are dogs." You've even implied a bit about how there isn't much parity among the top 3 or 4, didn't you? This isn't "Men's basketball." The top tier teams are head and shoulders above the rest. If they aren't then they shouldn't be considered top-tier.

:) Mods will probably get upset with us now by us going back-and-forth so much. So I'l stop-- but you can post last if you wish. I'll read your last post without a reply and let sleeping dogs lie.
Both of you make relevant points

Reaction Score
All UConn does is win and some try to find every way to discredit the team and argue for why they can't be fourth number one seed.

Reaction Score
Antonelli has been squawking about the selection committee having all of these weird criteria, but then they seed teams solely on geography. Louisville is a short ride to Fort Wayne, so their record becomes ireelevant.
Antonelli is one of those persons who wants to make sure she shares her opinion with you. Unfortunately, she does it through entire broadcasts and often times they have absolutely to do with the game.

Reaction Score
Both of you make relevant points

No big deal. Slu and I have a history of fundamentally disagreeing on everything. Never gets out-of-hand. Not surprising we look at this from complete opposite views.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom