FSU vs Louisville [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FSU vs Louisville [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Geography has virtually ZERO to do with the seeding of the Top 8 teams. The committee has stated a desire to rely strictly on an S-curve for Top 8 seeding. That is not saying they won't screw UConn, they have in the past and it would not surprise me one bit, but if UConn wins out they should be the #2 in Fort Wayne.
While I agree with you, Charlie Creme declares that Louisville is locked into Ft. Wayne because of geography. The committee will keep them at #5 despite their loss to adhere to the S curve.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Louisville has worse losses than UConn but better wins. Which do you put more emphasis on?

Louisville beating Oregon is the difference, imo. Had they lost that game UConn is probably ahead of them.

Reaction Score
In retrospect, it might have been better if Louisville won the tournament since they won't be dropped out of Ft. Wayne. If Maryland loses, the committte might have moved Louisville to the #1 seed in Ft. Wayne & moved UCONN the 1st #2 seed in that region.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Anyone know the specific rule on conference matchups - I thought:
1. they put a hard rule on regional play that a conference team cannot possibly play against a conference mate if they are in the first four seed lines and the conference has only 4 team seeded between 1-16. If they have 5 teams then they can only scheduled to meet in the elite 8.
2. There is no rule that if there are 5 teams it is only the fifth team that would be assigned to meet one of the others in the elite 8.

This probably matters this year because the Pac12 seems destined to have 5 hosting teams this year and people are thinking this forces Uconn to Portland as a two seed because Stanford/UCLA couldn't be send there as a 2 seed if rule two above is incorrect.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
No chance! Stanford would have to win out to pass UConn, that ain't happening! If UConn wins out, they are the #5 overall seed and should be the #2 in Fort Wayne.
Maybe it's the looming sanctions coming against your baseball that the cloud your reading but the words I used were "potential wins" and the fact that the committee does not always seed according to an "S" curve. So yes, as the 5 seed, they should be paired with the #4 seed but the committee does use geography. Also, yes, Stanford is the one school left that COULD pass UConn. Will they, I don't think so either but they could by winning the PAC12 title. Kapeche?

Reaction Score
I was at the game and although close I thought today FSU was the better team. The UL out of bounds turnover was quite unbelievable, Jeff must have developed an ulser right at that moment.

Anyway it looks to me that unfortunately we are heading out West.

In the second game NC State looked very good but far below our Huskies.

ps pretty decent crowd considering that Duke lost to the Beagles.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You are going to tell me that you lose to tOSU, Florida State 2X, and Syracuse and you're going to be ranked higher than UConn.

Again, Louisville has the worse losses but also the better victories. They beat Oregon. To me, that's the difference.

Think a better case can be made against Maryland whose best wins are Northwestern and Indiana twice.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's the looming sanctions coming against your baseball that the cloud your reading but the words I used were "potential wins" and the fact that the committee does not always seed according to an "S" curve. So yes, as the 5 seed, they should be paired with the #4 seed but the committee does use geography. Also, yes, Stanford is the one school left that COULD pass UConn. Will they, I don't think so either but they could by winning the PAC12 title. Kapeche?

"Looming sanctions"? Stop embarrassing yourself!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
"Looming sanctions"? Stop embarrassing yourself!
So which University is cl
So which University is CLOSER to Oregon? Louisville or UConn. If Louisville is the 2nd #2 seed then they should be the one that travels to Oregon not the other way around.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That's total BS, ESPN and the NCAA don't want UConn to get to the final four again. They want someone that hasn't been there for a few years. You are going to tell me that you lose to tOSU, Florida State 2X, and Syracuse and you're going to be ranked higher than UConn.
It’s economics. Louisville can bring fans to Ft Wayne. Why do you think UConn fans scoop up all the tickets when regionals are held in Albany or Bridgeport? We know before the season starts that the Huskies will be placed in that region because they’re going to sell out the arena. We can’t demand our team be placed close to home then complain when the favor is given to others

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It’s economics. Louisville can bring fans to Ft Wayne. Why do you think UConn scoop up all the tickets when regionals are held in Albany or Bridgeport? We know before the season starts that the Huskies will be placed in that region because they’re going to sell out the arena. We can’t demand our team be placed close to home then complain when the favor is given to others

The far worse problem is they're going to set it up where UConn will have to beat all of the "big three" to win the title, an impossible task.

Reaction Score
The far worse problem is they're going to set it up where UConn will have to beat all of the "big three" to win the title, an impossible task.
That's what ESPN showed today during the game in their projected brackets. Of course upsets happen, so it may not work out that way.

Reaction Score
If it is about economics, then the committee should be pure and straight about it.

"This wasn't about who has the better SOS or RPI or wins against too 25. From that perspective it was undeterminable. It was an economic call, and we determined UL could fill more seats than UConn's fan base. That was our criteria and we stand by it."

But that's not what they will say. They'll force-feed a weak argument and skirt the issue. It is the hypocrisy and disingenuous of the NCAA.

Reaction Score
“They” can’t really set it up any other way unless something pretty weird happens (and it hasn’t been happening today). It’s all our own doing. If we had beaten just one of those “big three”, then at least we would have one good win and would probably be the 4th #1 seed.

Reaction Score
If it is about economics, then the committee should be pure and straight about it.

"This wasn't about who has the better SOS or RPI or wins against too 25. From that perspective it was undeterminable. It was an economic call, and we determined UL could fill more seats than UConn's fan base. That was our criteria and we stand by it."

But that's not what they will say. They'll force-feed a weak argument and skirt the issue. It is the hypocrisy and disingenuous of the NCAA.
I agree. Sadly I guess I'm OK with being screwed as long as the person or thing doing the screwing is up front and honest about it.

Reaction Score
“They” can’t really set it up any other way unless something pretty weird happens (and it hasn’t been happening today). It’s all our own doing. If we had beaten just one of those “big three”, then at least we would have one good win and would probably be the 4th #1 seed.
Could we get placed in Maryland's bracket and then have Brenda admit that everyone knew that UConn was the real #1 in that regional after she gets beat by UConn again?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That's what ESPN showed today during the game in their projected brackets. Of course upsets happen, so it may not work out that way.

Big dropoff after those three--tough to find an upset anywhere. For all the talk of parity in the women's game this year, there's gonna be a lot of chalk in the tourney.

Reaction Score
Women basketball games are not as crazy as men's. Most likely upset miracles will not happen. But pray and hope it will happen ... :)

Reaction Score
Big dropoff after those three--tough to find an upset anywhere. For all the talk of parity in the women's game this year, there's gonna be a lot of chalk in the tourney this year.
I don't even know what "a lot of chalk" means, but it doesn't sound good for us.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Assuming all three advance. Nothing is a given

Who can knock out any of those three? Only possibilities I see are Louisville, Stanford, and perhaps Maryland. At least two of those teams are going to be opposite brackets of Oregon and Baylor. South Carolina is trouncing teams even when shooting under 40%.

Maybe not a given, but pretty close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom