FSU game thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FSU game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Alex isn't getting minutes because Drummond is playing beastly. Drummond doesn't trifle around the rim. Strong move and the flush. Alex could learn something.
actually, it seems that Olander is getting the minutes at the expense of Oriakhi. there's no reason you can't have Drummond and Oriakhi on the court together, but i think maybe coach feels Olander is more productive at this point.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
clean block there by roscoe... Stop call

Reaction Score
actually, it seems that Olander is getting the minutes at the expense of Oriakhi. there's no reason you can't have Drummond and Oriakhi on the court together, but i think maybe coach feels Olander is more productive at this point.

I think you're right that it's Olander who's taking Alex's minutes, but I disagree with the assertion that playing AO and AD at the same time is a good idea. Neither of them can handle the ball in the high post. Having two bigs like that just clogs up the lane.

Reaction Score
The Conn having success with the 3 guard lineup, reminiscent of last season.

Reaction Score
Bazz bullet passes to Drummond are going to be a staple this year.

Reaction Score
We are a whole different team with Shabazz, Lamb, and Boatright on the floor together

Reaction Score
Boatright is damn good. This won't be easy down the stretch, FSU is damn good.

Reaction Score
This one feels different. Effort is there - missed a couple open looks, nearly ad steals that would have been breakaways. A couple defensive breakdowns in bad spots when we were up 10. But it isn't us taking the foot off the throttle so much as a normal momentum swing.

Reaction Score
No clue why Olander is playing the whole game, he is way off today.

Reaction Score
Calhoun has so much faith in Olander. I want to see AO in there with Drummond. Plus the 3 guards

Reaction Score
First time post, long time reader. I know many on the board are gonna disagree with me here but it seems to me watching the game online that bazz is hesitant to pass the ball to boat show. It almost looks to me like he feels threatened by boatrights talent as it may eventually push him out of the starting rotation...bazz has played well but it just seems to me he has also played selfishly. This selfishness to me seems to have pushed boatright into creating his own shots as the game has progressed knowing bazz isnt really giving him the ball

Reaction Score
I like what I'm seeing today. Yesterday's loss may have been a good thing. At some point they need to stop riding the wave of last year's success and start gettin after it this year. Win or lose, I think they got a lot out of this weekend.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
First time post, long time reader. I know many on the board are gonna disagree with me here but it seems to me watching the game online that bazz is hesitant to pass the ball to boat show. It almost looks to me like he feels threatened by boatrights talent as it may eventually push him out of the starting rotation...bazz has played well but it just seems to me he has also played selfishly. This selfishness to me seems to have pushed boatright into creating his own shots as the game has progressed knowing bazz isnt really giving him the ball

Not a good way to start your Boneyard career.

Reaction Score
How many pts has FS scored following TO missed 3-attempts???

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If the Huskies lose today, this is the reason. Olander has been horrible in every aspect of the game. Also, Lamb has disappeared from large portions of the last two games.

Reaction Score
Olander needs to be benched, he's been awful today. I don't understand why the quick hook doesn't apply to him when we have AO and Scoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom