FSU game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

FSU game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And there's Shabazz hanging all over Boat Show at the end. Can we put to rest the ridiculous notion that Shabazz is jealous and doesn't want him to do well?

That's the other thing people here do. When they're not playing the victim or accusing anyone who points out flaws as being a "hater" they're reading way too much every single quote they read.

Reaction Score
R u serious? We gave them an uncontested 3 to win the game. Fortunate to escape with the W.

AD is learning to play like a beast on the defensive end without fouling.

And Boat is a mini version of D-rose, who he models his game after.

DD's minutes suffered with Boat's return. Hope it doesnt affect his confidence.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Phew. Lots to work on, but I was hugely impressed with Boatright and Drummond today. I'd still like to know what the deal is with Oriakhi.
couldn't agree more. the two of them were terrific. Bazz had a terrific shooting game - he seems to be able to score all over the place, but i'd rather see him run more offense. then again, with the ball in his hands 70% of the time on offense, there's going to be a lot more to nit pick about. take the W and move on. saw some very good things in this tourney, and some things that really need some work.

as one person said, FSU's defense is terrific. they are tremendously athletic all over the place. i don't know how their defense stacks up against the res t of the nation, but i noticed we were always pushed out way past the 3 point line when we ran our offense. something i think only a really athletic defensive team can do.

Reaction Score
I forgot that his board is all rah-rah crap and you can't call people out for the things they need to work on. Obviously, Shabazz's decision making and shot selection has been a problem against the better teams.
You clearly didn't see my last reply. I agree that he needs to use better judgement on shot selection. And I don't see anyone on this board really acting like this team in invincible, so idk what rah-rah crap you're referring to.

Reaction Score
Great win, we were shaky down the stretch again but FSU can make you look bad they are a very good team. Huge ft's by Boat, big 3 by Bazz in ot. Only negatives are we still don't get Drummond the ball nearly enough and Oriakhi really seems to be in the doghouse. We look out of sorts at times but we are so freaking young, we start all freshman and sophomores.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
there's more than enough room for the both of them on this team. i'm sure we'll be running a lot of 3 guard sets.

It looked very good. I'm a bit worried about this team playing against a zone, but right now I'm just going to enjoy the win.

Reaction Score
He shot 6/13 from 3, which is good for 46%.
It just seems like he puts up alot of 3's and misses because he does at it at the end of the shot clock when he is covered tightly. I like to see a little bit more penetration or passing from BAZZ in that situation. RB like I had said earlier would be huge. Never thought that huge that soon. What is up with our frontline besides AD. They completely suck. Maybe Bradley can actually get some time and improve it when he gets here in December. He can shoot and has to be better than TO doing that. Still a great win. GO UCONN!

Reaction Score
He shot 6/13 from 3, which is good for 46%.
Bazz is a good shooter and when he gets going a great shooter. The one aspect of his game that is most questionable is his decision making...he is trying to hard to emulate kemba. Whether he feels that pressure is on him because he is one of the captains or whatever other reason I dont know

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
People act as if it's no big deal to take over a team in one's second year, at a time when most players are just lucky to bust through their sophomore slump. If Bazz, who I assume will only get better as the year goes on, is doing this at his low point then we'll be okay. This is a young team that has almost limitless potential.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It just seems like he puts up alot of 3's and misses because he does at it at the end of the shot clock when he is covered tightly. I like to see a little bit more penetration or passing from BAZZ in that situation. RB like I had said earlier would be huge. Never thought that huge that soon. What is up with our frontline besides AD. They completely suck. Maybe Bradley can actually get some time and improve it when he gets here in December. He can shoot and has to be better than TO doing that. Still a great win. GO UCONN!

I don't disagree, I would've liked to have seen him drive. We were having a hard time against the zone, so I don't necessarily hate that decision, since we couldn't seem to get the ball inside.

Reaction Score
KAE is the only Sophomore point guard that I can think of that has been better than Bazz at this point. He is pretty damn good and he will only get better as the season goes on. Count me as not worried about him at all.

Reaction Score
Well hopefully he will end up playing more off the ball as he is a great shooter and I think RB is a better penetrator. I like to see RB drive and kick out to SN for the open 3 instead of BAZZ just running the shot clock to the end and shooting up a prayer.

Reaction Score
Without AO in there, it seems AD has more room to work around the hoop

Agreed strongly. Two bigs clogs things up. The way AO has been playing (and given his weak attitude), he should be strictly Drummond's backup at this point.

Reaction Score
i thought that JC should have sat the freshman in the last 2 mins of the game.. Drummond could have cause uconn the game with that turnover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom