From row E of section 102 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

From row E of section 102

Reaction Score
Try to write a little better so I can get through more than 2 lines of this dreck and then can disagree with whatever point you are trying to make.

I know way too much for you to read. And who would have time now anyway I'm guessing that window is busy for you for breakfast right now huh take care of the customers and read up when you have time? Real treat you are now. Embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Larrier has to play because Ollie has few alternatives. However, why does he get as many minutes on the floor as he does. He killed us in the Tulsa game. I would start Polley and bring Larrier off the bench. Larrier's play this year has earn him more bench time. I know he is recovery from last year's injury and this year's nasal injury but its not fair to the other players on the team or the fans for him to get has many minutes as he is getting right now. He is in a shooting slump, he is a turnover machine, he plays very little defense, and for whatever reason he is not rebounding anymore.

Reaction Score
Can KO suck and the player suck also? I believe so. What is obvious about KO so far is he has not been a good evualator of talent. Hasn't shown he can hold players accountable and doesn't make adjustments during games. I'm sure there is much more but is that enough for me to now talk about how bad one of his players is?

TL is one of our best players who should not be playing much. He is a limited player. Can we say it's because of his injuries? Maybe but we only saw his freshmen year. And I didn't see him playing strong. More slashing than now but mostly midrange shots. He is a spot up shooter and that's it. Is he as good as R. Anderson at shooting? No, and RA came off bench. Yes, much better team but limited and got limited minutes.

Can he defend? No, and doesn't show that he will even put effort in to defend. How can a Uconn player get beat on inbound play long at crunch time.
Can he dribble drive. No, takes midrange of balance jumpers on fastbreaks. Even when he gets the ball at top of key he doesn't protect the ball.

Does he hit the glass? No, wants no part of contact.

Is it KOs fault he's on the floor. Yes.

Reaction Score
Can KO suck and the player suck also? I believe so. What is obvious about KO so far is he has not been a good evualator of talent. Hasn't shown he can hold players accountable and doesn't make adjustments during games. I'm sure there is much more but is that enough for me to now talk about how bad one of his players is?

Larrier is one of our best players who should not be playing much. He is a limited player. Can we say it's because of his injuries? Maybe but we only saw his freshmen year. And I didn't see him playing strong. More slashing than now but mostly midrange shots. He is a spot up shooter and that's it. Is he as good as R. Anderson at shooting? No, and RA came off bench. Yes, much better team but limited and got limited minutes.

Can he defend? No, and doesn't show that he will even put effort in to defend. How can a Uconn player get beat on inbound play long at crunch time.
Can he dribble drive. No, takes midrange of balance jumpers on fastbreaks. Even when he gets the ball at top of key he doesn't protect the ball.

Does he hit the glass? No, wants no part of contact.

Is it KOs fault he's on the floor. Yes.

^^THIS^^

Don't expect Walker to read all of this but it's spot on. Be careful though talking about anything other than KO sucks these days.

Reaction Score
I know way too much for you to read. And who would have time now anyway I'm guessing that window is busy for you for breakfast right now huh take care of the customers and read up when you have time? Real treat you are now. Embarrassing.

Do you understand the irony of your post considering you can not write in complete sentences? Probably not. Anyways, I deserve it as I went low first.

My point is that I don't like seeing players trashed on the board. Just as you don't like seeing KO trashed on the board. And especially when the posters who react most strongly to KO backlash are the ones trashing the players.

Anyone with a clue can recognize Terry has valuable offensive skills, and yet he is largely a negative player. When time after time talented players fail to live up to their potential, maybe consider looking at the coach who should be developing them and putting them in positions to succeed?

Reaction Score
You know what cracks me up is anyone who doesn’t see how awful he is on both ends of the court. Only thing he can do is make a couple shots. He never sticks his nose in to make a play, his guy scored at ease on him he got ONE rebound in 28 minutes at 6’8” . Defend him all you want but it will be impossible to defend yourself for doing just that. Sad how little he brings to the table with the potential he has.
He's a little gun-shy now wearing that mask, but it wasn't like he was a go-getter before the injury. I think of him as a turnover just waiting to happen.

Reaction Score
Ollie sucks but the thought of anyone making this stiff better is hilarious. He doesn’t work hard at all out there especially on D and rebounding which would be what we need from him when he’s not making shots. At least attempt to guard your guy or try to get a rebound , no where to be found. I mean really? Just because KO isn’t a great coach we can’t talk about how bad a player is and how much he hurts this team? I mean he stops his guy from scoring or getting a rebound or 2 we may win.

But some would prefer to just stop talking basketball and just throw it all in the staff. Kids 22 yrs old can’t dribble or pass so yes it’s on him that he did nothing the other night. John Wooden couldn’t help him take a better look next time.
Well it all comes down to this is the roster Ollie has assembled. Hard to put blame anywhere else.

Reaction Score
Do you understand the irony of your post considering you can not write in complete sentences? Probably not. Anyways, I deserve it as I went low first.

My point is that I don't like seeing players trashed on the board. Just as you don't like seeing KO trashed on the board. And especially when the posters who react most strongly to KO backlash are the ones trashing the players.

Anyone with a clue can recognize Terry has valuable offensive skills, and yet he is largely a negative player. When time after time talented players fail to live up to their potential, maybe consider looking at the coach who should be developing them and putting them in positions to succeed?

He's legitimately a monster negative player and the fact you try to make this anything but shows you are a moron when it comes to basketball but nice try. Just shows how stupid you really are when it comes to actual basketball discussions. But we do appreciate you're attempt at the game. But again, keep coming you're way too easy LOL dope

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's legitimately a monster negative player and the fact you try to make this anything but shows you are a moron when it comes to basketball but nice try. Just shows how stupid you really are when it comes to actual basketball discussions. But we do appreciate you're attempt at the game. But again, keep coming you're way too easy LOL dope

Do you never learn?

Reaction Score
IMO, the bottom line with Larrier is his fear of getting injured again.
It would be tough at such a young age to have a gift but then the possibility of going through recovery on every play.
He must just have unlucky genes. I would love to see him going 90% out there but I don't think we will ever see it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Try to write a little better so I can get through more than 2 lines of this dreck and then can disagree with whatever point you are trying to make.

The ultimate non-response response.

Reaction Score
IMO, the bottom line with Larrier is his fear of getting injured again.
It would be tough at such a young age to have a gift but then the possibility of going through recovery on every play.
He must just have unlucky genes. I would love to see him going 90% out there but I don't think we will ever see it.

I disagree. Maybe he's not 100% back but the injury has nothing to do with his ball handling or willingness to D up. He's just not that good. He's the third best player on a sub 500 team. I can't see anyone taking a chance on him in the G-League or even the better leagues overseas.

Reaction Score
I simply don’t see Larrier being a KO favorite sorry... he’s the first to really sit on the bench for long stretches... Adams yes, vital would be a favorite of mine because of how he plays minus the shot selection... but we don’t have any alternatives so yes KO has to play them ... if Polley wasn’t so one dimensional n played with that attacker’s mentality he would play a lot ...
It’s hard to trust these players on the court, that’s the bigger issue
Adams is an Ollie favorite????? Try, Adams is Ollie's oxygen.
He doesn't have a choice. Without Adams, this team doesn't win a game all season.

Adams could sleep with Ollies ex-wife and he'll still be playing 50 minutes a game.

Reaction Score
I think that if Larrier was properly used he could be a far more effective offensive weapon. The ball movement simply isn't good enough to get guys like Larrier and Vital enough good, open looks, thus they tend to shoot tougher shots and shooting %'s suffer.

Reaction Score
I think that if Larrier was properly used he could be a far more effective offensive weapon. The ball movement simply isn't good enough to get guys like Larrier and Vital enough good, open looks, thus they tend to shoot tougher shots and shooting %'s suffer.

Problem is he is one of the major problems when it comes to ball movement. He doesn't pass in the flow. The ball stops with him. He gives the D time to adjust when he could swing it to the other side.

Reaction Score

Doubt it, he can't pass or dribble and he doesn't like to use a pick properly because it would be too physical. And just so you know defense counts too and he does nothing on that end to earn time. I mean I know you want to always try to use the "properly used" and in some cases you probably would be correct I have no doubt. This guy just isn't a UConn type basketball player no 2 ways about it.

Reaction Score
Doubt it, he can't pass or dribble and he doesn't like to use a pick properly because it would be too physical. And just so you know defense counts too and he does nothing on that end to earn time. I mean I know you want to always try to use the "properly used" and in some cases you probably would be correct I have no doubt. This guy just isn't a UConn type basketball player no 2 ways about it.

I agree that his D, dribbling and passing are not real good, but he could be a more effective weapon on offense if we had better spacing and ball movement. He shows enough flashes on offense that you know the potential is there to be a more consistent scorer.

Reaction Score

Really not trying to be disciplined on the BY with my writing skills, kinda written like I would say it to you.;)

So getting back to Larrier you aren't "trashing" a player who has a free ride but isn't giving it everything he has. I would agree he has some skills and one would be shooting the ball which we need greatly. Problem is when you look at the last few games he's brought very little to the table on either end so many of his minutes are wasted. If he just played D and didn't rebound it would be one thing, but he's coming up empty. Polley looked better last game, made a couple shots while playing some decent D, had 4 boards therefore there's a chance we may have won had KO used the minutes as he should have. More to throw at KO, not just Terry.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You know what cracks me up is anyone who doesn’t see how awful he is on both ends of the court. Only thing he can do is make a couple shots. He never sticks his nose in to make a play, his guy scored at ease on him he got ONE rebound in 28 minutes at 6’8” . Defend him all you want but it will be impossible to defend yourself for doing just that. Sad how little he brings to the table with the potential he has.
Agreed Mau but what cracks me up more is when someone thinks that if someone else coaches him the coach turns into Wooden.
TL is, was and will be what TL will always be - a kid who has a nice shooting form and could shoot lights out. But guess what - basketball tends to get physical and if you don't like to be touched you aren't going to be any good. If TL was all that what folks assumed he would be, he would be wearing a Texas uniform.
He can be the nicest kid in the world but he is not a D1 ballplayer
I didn't like what I saw of him at VCU and the minute I saw him in that first game last year in a UConn uniform I knew he wasn't going to make it. The guy behind me kept calling him a marshmellow
Recruiting is without a doubt the downfall of KO

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
When time after time talented players fail to live up to their potential, maybe consider looking at the coach who should be developing them and putting them in positions to succeed?

I'd be interested in the list of talented players to whom you are eluding to and list their many talents not just one faceted players who can shoot or those who can block shots. To be talented you need to be multi facet, so with that definition, please list those that KO has failed to put them in a position to succeed. Also, to term them talented, they need to have show, at the D1 level, that they have that all around game. To be honest I really don't think KO has recruited any of those talented players except maybe AG.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agreed Mau but what cracks me up more is when someone thinks that if someone else coaches him the coach turns into Wooden.
Larrier is, was and will be what Larrier will always be - a kid who has a nice shooting form and could shoot lights out. But guess what - basketball tends to get physical and if you don't like to be touched you aren't going to be any good. If Larrier was all that what folks assumed he would be, he would be wearing a Texas uniform.
He can be the nicest kid in the world but he is not a D1 ballplayer
I didn't like what I saw of him at VCU and the minute I saw him in that first game last year in a UConn uniform I knew he wasn't going to make it
Recruiting is without a doubt the downfall of KO

Larrier has 20 points so far today, but you claim he isn't a D1 player. OK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom