From Blauds: Michigan closing in on Manuel as AD | Page 4 | The Boneyard

From Blauds: Michigan closing in on Manuel as AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, because this is a basketball site, the university president, who runs all facets of the university, is doing a poor job because you aren't in a p5 league?

I'll give you a little piece of information: without the university, there would be no UConn basketball team to root for.

I think he wants us to root for Yale if that happens.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Are people this delusional?
This is a basketball website. It is about winning basketball games.
The UConn basketball program belongs to a lousy league.
If Kevin Ollie leaves the team at the end of the year, it doesn't matter how much tax payer money is spent on other facets of the university. We will lose basketball games. Our program will fall back to mediocre.
How many people in the state follow YALE basketball? Should we stop cheering for UConn and cheer for Yale because they have better academics.
Does anyone imagine that the UConn team is loaded with Rhodes Scholars.
Our football program is poor
If we had a top 25 football team with 50,000 season ticket holders we would be in the B1G.
We would be in the ACC.
The only reason people are on this website is because Jim Calhoun turned a mediocre program into a national program.
If Herbst fails to get us into a league that allows this program to flourish, she has failed the basketball fans. Period. Stop. Finish.
This is about winning basketball games.
As someone who has said some really dumb things on this website, I'd like to think I've learned from it. So please stop digging a hole before this becomes a legendary troll job.

Reaction Score
Are we in the ACC? Are we in the BiG?

Louisville is in the ACC.
Rutgers is in the B1G.

This is a sports site. What relevance does anything else she does good or bad matter if she can not deliver UConn to a good league. This is a sports site.
If UConn doesn't get into a real league, this board will disappear, Ollie will move on and I guess you guys can watch home videos of the Herbst family reunions.
Confucius say man who dig own grave, put shovel down.

Reaction Score
If Kevin Ollie leaves the team at the end of the year, it doesn't matter how much tax payer money is spent on other facets of the university. We will lose basketball games. Our program will fall back to mediocre.
How many people in the state follow YALE basketball? Should we stop cheering for UConn and cheer for Yale because they have better academics.
If we had a top 25 football team with 50,000 season ticket holders we would be in the B1G.
We would be in the ACC.
The only reason people are on this website is because Jim Calhoun turned a mediocre program into a national program.
If Herbst fails to get us into a league that allows this program to flourish, she has failed the basketball fans. Period. Stop. Finish.

WOW. I haven't read anything this delusional since the board was privy to the rantings of Chip. WAIT, could he be????

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
UConn Foundation folks surprisingly told me they've purposely stayed away from mass solicititation from our pro athletes in the past! I suggested they collar some of the more influential "UConn pros" to lead a fundraising effort among them and even mentioned some names. The thrust for a bigger endowment will likely lead to a lot of new thinking about fundraising sources.
Calhoun used to tell the players they have done enough for the university and they don't have to give back. Two years or so ago, the Foundation hired former athletes(I am not sure they are still there) to solicit "successful UCONN athletes". Not sure where that went but supposedly as part of his contract, Jimmy C is supposed to help there.

Reaction Score
Are we in the ACC, the B1G?

So, exactly what has Herbst done other than spend tax payer money?
54378803.jpg

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Then everybody will be happy if UConn doesn't get into the ACC or B1G and is playing the Tulane and ECU for the next fifty years.

And you can all build a bronze statue of Herbst.

Reaction Score
We would be in the ACC.
@Pudge time to shut this guy down.....

Reaction Score
Then everybody will be happy if UConn doesn't get into the ACC or B1G and is playing the Tulane and ECU for the next fifty years.

And you can all build a bronze statue of Herbst.
Trollllllll

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Is anyone else reporting this other than Blauds?

He hasn't exactly been on the ball for a couple of years now.

Reaction Score
Pretty crazy for Warde, when you think about it. Buffalo to UConn to Michigan in less than 5 years is quite a career trajectory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom