Friday's Sweet Sixteen Games | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Friday's Sweet Sixteen Games

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Washington going home a tired team. Williams has scored 3 points in the last 2 games!?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Haven't read thru the whole thread yet. Mississippi St. won this game w/ offensive rebounding. That's it. It wasn't their defense, it was crushing UW on the O boards.

I'm pretty pissed off that Neighbors didn't try putting Strother out there. She doesn't play a lot, but she's 6-5 and BIG. Collier and Johnson were completely helpless against MSU's bigs. If what you're doing isn't working, you gotta try something different, but he never did.

Such a weird game. All Huskies in the 1st and 3rd quarter, all MSU in the 2nd and 4th quarter.

McCowan was a beast.

Reaction Score
McCowan is impressive.

Even when looking at her from the perspective of the broadcast camera, she sort of sticks out. Most players of her height look rail thin or otherwise odd in proportions. She almost looks like she has normal proportions, but scaled up.

Physical specimen who could do some real damage against anyone if she improves her skills over the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
That's the end of Plum's college career. Getting some hugs post-game.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I say Plum, this great player who has helped push the appreciation of WCBB into the spotlight this year, should not leave the state of Washington to play her pro ball. Anyone who thinks this young lady isn't deserving of the POY to heck with them.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Not surprising Landers gleeful at watching an SEC win convincingly.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
As so many have said here tonight what was OSU thinking while game planning for ND? They're weak as hell in the paint and you know they need threes to win. How the hell do you let them shoot THAT MANY wide open threes? And them compound that by not working the ball into the paint yourselves. That's got to be on McGuff.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
Holmes will be Texas' X-Factor. If she performs well Texas wins a close one. If not, Stanford by 10-15.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Dillingham did a nice job on Plum defensively. Otherwise she was able to get shots. Had a quiet 2nd quarter but got it going after halftime. Not her best game, but 29 pts. 5 reb 5 assists is pretty good for an off night. Sad to see her career end, it's been so much fun watching her play.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I didn't like that chippy foul late by Osahor. It was just frustration I'm sure, but that's not like her at all, she's better than that.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I didn't like that chippy foul late by Osahor. It was just frustration I'm sure, but that's not like her at all, she's better than that.

That really should have been a flagrant. I was surprised they didn't review that.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I can't believe McCowan is only a soph. She could be right there w/ a couple UConn players at the top of the draft board in 2 years.

I think Coach Schaeffer outsmarted himself w/ the whole benching his starters thing he's done the last several games. Started the game in a big hole, they obviously dug out of it but I don't think they can afford to start like that against Baylor (I'm assuming of course). Vivians should've played more. Plum ended up guarding her most of the time and simply couldn't matchup due to the size difference. Vivians fell in love w/ the 3, which she couldn't hit, but otherwise she wreaked havoc. Didn't play all that many minutes though.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I say Plum, this great player who has helped push the appreciation of WCBB into the spotlight this year, should not leave the state of Washington to play her pro ball. Anyone who thinks this young lady isn't deserving of the POY to heck with them.
Her worst game was 21 points. Scoring 20+ points is incredibly hard.
She did it in 35 games. and 17 of those games was over 30 points.

UW didnt get a lot of help from the other 5, 3 starters and 2 subs.
MSU did a great job of making them work.
MSU is a tough team.
Congrats to the "other" Huskies on 2 Wonderful Seasons.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Dillingham did a nice job on Plum defensively. Otherwise she was able to get shots. Had a quiet 2nd quarter but got it going after halftime. Not her best game, but 29 pts. 5 reb 5 assists is pretty good for an off night. Sad to see her career end, it's been so much fun watching play.
Dillingham did okay, but to me the issue in the 1st half was the length Plum saw on switches and inside. It took her some time to make the adjustment.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Dillingham did okay, but to me the issue in the 1st half was the length Plum saw on switches and inside. It took her some time to make the adjustment.
Didn't think she ever did make the adjustments she had three or four shots blocked in the 4th Q, something that almost never happens to her.

Reaction Score
Stanford has like 5 O boards already. With Texas size that should be inexcusable.

Reaction Score
Holmes of Texas "needs out of the game"...she's tired?

We are less than 6 minutes into the game lol.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Holy smoke. 3:50 left in the first and Holmes looks gassed. Texas has no answer for McCall inside.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Texas calls a TO because Holmes is over breathing. Quick. Get that lady a paper bag.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So far TX has run absolutely no offensive sets - never challenged inside just hoisted up perimeter jump shots. Either Aston reads the riot act, or my suspicion that she is not a good game coach is confirmed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom