Friday's Sweet Sixteen Games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Friday's Sweet Sixteen Games

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
The fact that OSU can't take advantage of ND being down a post player just proves to me that the Buckeyes are probably just a sweet sixteen team under McGuff. Absolutely no discipline on defense letting ND have wide open 3's and not taking advantage of their post players. Irish move on and so I'm I. Let's see what Plum is doing!

Reaction Score
Wow Okafor doesn't even get up the court on that turnover and MSU scores on a put back.

Thinking back to Geno's great players don't get tired comment.

Reaction Score
I was hoping that OSU would disprove the stereotypes about the B1G teams playing no defense, but sadly - it seems they're playing no defense. Ah, well.

Come on, Washington! It helped when people besides Plum, Osahor and McDonald started scoring...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Miss. State/Wash pretty much playing out as I thought and predicted.

Reaction Score
Admiring how well ND is playing, given the terrible blow they suffered. They are really gamers....

Theyve already played some games wo Turner, and its not like the rrest of the team was chopped liver.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Plum will never, ever quit.

Reaction Score
The limitations of Washington outside of Plum and Osahor (when she isn't gassed) are pretty apparent in this game. The talent level drops off rather quickly for them.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If Vivians and McGowan play like this, they will be a hard out. Impressed with MSU.

Reaction Score
Just wish Ohio St would play some good defense with the talented players they have. It looks like ND is going to win this game by 20+ points.

It would the first time this year that tOSU played defense. McGuff is a terrible coach...ND has missed 5+ lay-ups. they could be up 30.

Reaction Score
Conditioning a factor in this game, MSU post player destroying Osafor now.

Surprising to me.. She had the off season to improve her conditioning. I understand her knee issues, but wouldn't a good trainer assist with that?

JordyG

Reaction Score
The fact that OSU can't take advantage of ND being down a post player just proves to me that the Buckeyes are probably just a sweet sixteen team under McGuff. Absolutely no discipline on defense letting ND have wide open 3's and not taking advantage of their post players. Irish move on and so I'm I. Let's see what Plum is doing!
Such a credit to the ND players to pound this street ball team. However if I were Muffet the lack of defense would concern me. But at this point any victory is a good victory.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not surprised - I couldn't understand why ESPN expects were unanimous with Washington winning. Miss State especially when the games are allowed to be a little physical has a stable of strong post players. They have dominated rebounding by crashing the boards an touching the ball before and above where Osahor's clamps can close down on it - 19 offensive rebounds so far and a 43 to 28 lead in boards.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Surprising to me.. She had the off season to improve her conditioning. I understand her knee issues, but wouldn't a good trainer assist with that?
Hard to get into good shape when your conditioning pretty much consists of riding a stationary bike occasionally. UDub and Osahor should just be thankful they never played UConn. She'd be filling up her bucket list on the sideline.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Good call on the Dillingham flop. However, Neighbors saying Miss. State is more tired than they to his team is, well, not quite accurate.

Reaction Score
Is it me or are these games a little dull..?

Horrible crowds+no atmosphere. WCBB needs to get its act together when selecting regionals and Final Foiurs. Kentucky and Oklahoma hosting are about 5-10 years late respectively.

JordyG

Reaction Score
MSU taken out of their offensive flow by slowing down the pace.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
I was really pulling for Washington to come out of the Oklahoma City regional because Gabby and Napheesa would run Osahor out of the gym, but it doesn't seem likely.

Reaction Score
Osafor gives up huge O board.

And than she PUSHES a MSU player down.

JordyG

Reaction Score
That 4th on Osahor was so unnecessary. Looked like a flagrant to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom