Friday's Sweet Sixteen Games | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Friday's Sweet Sixteen Games

Reaction Score
On UConn, I'm not sure Holmes would have gotten as much, uh. Dare I call it coddling? :p

Holmes strikes me as someone who could use some non-coddling to further her development. I doubt she'd have gotten gassed in five minutes after a year of UConn practices.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If Holmes just could stay on the court and get a little flow she'd be effective. But her conditioning just precludes her being a major part of what they're trying to do.

Baffling. Some people have a physiology that will not permit true fitness. Maybe she's one of those.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good Win by Stanford over Texas. However, if they're to have any chance against Notre Dame, they better make their Free Throws.

IMO Notre Dame and Baylor will be in the F4. Still have to play the games and anything can happen.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Stanford looking like a win. Higher seeds 4-0.

I dont see Cardinal upsetting ND 2 years in a row.

Normally, I would worry about a letdown after having a big win in the first game since Turner's injury. No chance of that against Stanford, though. Win or lose, Stanford will get ND's full effort and attention.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Good Win by Stanford over Texas. However, if they're to have any chance against Notre Dame, they better make their Free Throws.

IMO Notre Dame and Baylor will be in the F4. Still have to play the games and anything can happen.
One thing for sure, N. Dame will be playing a team on Sunday that plays at both ends of the court.

Reaction Score
As a fan, Texas is not always as bad as they were tonight. Brooke McCarty had her worst game as a Longhorn. Partly due to Stanford defense, no doubt, but she usually finds a way. Joyner Holmes couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. This team needs more 3 point shooters. I think they'll be stronger next year with their two new star recruits.

Reaction Score
As a fan, Texas is not always as bad as they were tonight. Brooke McCarty had her worst game as a Longhorn. Partly due to Stanford defense, no doubt, but she usually finds a way. Joyner Holmes couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. This team needs more 3 point shooters. I think they'll be stronger next year with their two new star recruits.
At this point in the tournament, defense & rebounding can be the difference. I'll also throw in experience winning close games during the season.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I don't know ... they didn't really seem to develop over the year, and while they have two prize recruits they seem to be rather duplicative - another scoring PG and another power forward who thinks she can shoot threes and is sure she is the best player in the country.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Samuelson's father cheering in the stands. I've said it before, but someone please encourage this man to go home and make more daughters.

Please give the man a break. He's lived his adult life with 4 women.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Have I mentioned UConn being forced to defeat Maryland and Baylor just to reach the title game is patently unjust?
b

Well...they don't have to beat Maryland anyway.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom