Friday (3/8) games | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Friday (3/8) games

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Gonna be some empty seats in Greenville on Sunday... Well more than originally anticipated

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
70-61 final Iowa. Another day at the office for Gustafson--30 points and 16 rebounds.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
With the Arkansas win does this keep TN out?
No. Even with this win Arkansas' resume is not as good as Tennessee's. This is the Razorbacks' only top 50 win at this moment.

Reaction Score
I was always very impressed with what Neighbors was able to do at Washington - although all the media attention was on Plum, the whole team executed very well. Nice to seem him start to turn around what had been a deplorable Razorbacks program.
A reminder of how appallingly bad the hire of Jimmy Dykes was.

And how the Dykes era helped Miss State via Jordan Danberry’s transfer

Plebe

Reaction Score
And now Ark vs Auburn or a Carter-less TAMU in the semis.
A trip to finals is not out of the question.

Could they play themselves on to the bubble?
If they beat A&M (not Auburn) to reach the final it might put them in the conversation, but I still doubt it. This is their only top 50 win at the moment. I really think Arkansas needs to win out for the auto bid.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
No. Even with this win Arkansas' resume is not as good as Tennessee's. This is the Razorbacks' only top 50 win at this moment.

But what ever happened to the "Finishing strong" part of the selection equation. TENN sure as hell didn't finish strong.

Plebe

Reaction Score
But what ever happened to the "Finishing strong" part of the selection equation. TENN sure as hell didn't finish strong.
Yes it's considered, but not at the expense of the resume as a whole. Arkansas' RPI right now, even after beating SC, is #81, and this is their only top 50 win. Tennessee has 5 top 50 wins.

Reaction Score
But what ever happened to the "Finishing strong" part of the selection equation.
Pretty sure that the committee's "Nitty Gritty" report does not include record in last 10 games anymore.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Even though Indiana couldn't quite beat Iowa today, gotta think their strong showing today helps their cause. Creme had Indiana one spot ahead of Tennessee in the pecking order as of this morning. Indiana is one of the few bubble teams with losses as bad as Tennessee's, but they also have several really good wins.

Reaction Score
Will Louisville be able to maintain its excellent run without Durr next season?

You can't replace Asia Durr. Will be tough losing her, Fuehring and Carter. It will be Dana Evans leading the show along with an experienced starting 5. Won't have as much experience off the bench.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that the committee's "Nitty Gritty" report does not include record in last 10 games anymore.
Actually, it does. See this site: NCAA RPI Archive - Home

I'm pretty certain it was a consideration of Rutgers' poor finish last year that kept them out of the tournament.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Offensive explosion in a Big 12 game--Texas Tech up 104-84 over Oklahoma in the closing seconds.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Offensive explosion in a Big 12 game--Texas Tech up 104-84 over Oklahoma in the closing seconds.
Coale’s finale?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
The Dungee kid from Arkansas has played two fantastic games in the SECT. I have not seen her before, but I think we will hear about her going forward.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford is looking awful. Hit their first 3 shots, nothing since then. Trailing Cal 14-7 under 2 minutes left in Q1.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Stanford is looking awful. Hit their first 3 shots, nothing since then. Trailing Cal 14-7 under 2 minutes left in Q1.
Yeah the Card had a long drought in the middle of that quarter. This feels like a slugfest. Cal tends to run hot and cold, but tneir energy tonight is ON. And though Anigwe gets all the attention (deservedly so) they have a lot of talented pieces around her. Thomas, Caldwell, Smith, Brown, Forbes etc. can produce on any given night.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if Cal pulled off the upset; I think it will come down to the 4th quarter, and will depend on whether Anigwe or Smith is in more foul trouble. Our bench is a lot deeper, but they're surging and we've lacked confidence in our last few games, so my hope is the fatigue of two games in two days will emerge by the 4th quarter. I would not be at all surprised if we're down at the half, so as long as we're not down by more than 10 going into the 4th, I think we'll still have a chance, unless Smith is on the bench in foul trouble.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's amazing how often I post about a team struggling...and then almost immediately they pick it up. Stanford up 17-16 now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom