Friday (3/15) games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Friday (3/15) games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UC DAVIS beats UC IRVINE in a route
Hawaii beats UC Riverside in a close one.
DAVIS vs Hawaii in Big West final tomorrow.
Please root for UC Davis.
I love the head coach and one of the assistants who also called one of the most creative plays at the end of a game to send it to OT.
Morgan Bertsch has had an outstanding career. She's the nation's 5th-leading scorer at 23.4 ppg.

UC Davis has won the Big West regular season the previous 2 seasons but then lost in the conference tournament each time. Hopefully this is their year to finally get into the big dance.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
actually a bit more people in the crowd at this Big South semi.... i see some orange in the crowd....... lets go Camels.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Rice withstood a tough test from Western Kentucky. The Owls were down by 10 in 2Q and didn't regain the lead until late in 3Q. Erica Ogwumike had 22 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists. She was a perfect 8-8 on FTs.

There was a familiar name on the WKU roster. Alexis Brewer, junior redshirt transfer from West Virginia, led the Hilltoppers with 17 points.

Michelle Clark-Heard sure didn't pull a Mike Neighbors: i.e., she didn't leave the cupboard bare when she departed for Cincy. And WKU's top 5 scorers will be returning.

Look out for C-USA next year. Rice gets most of its main contributors back, including E. Ogwumike and Mulkey. WKU should have all 5 starters back. MTSU will have Rellah Boothe and Anastasia Hayes. Who knows, this might be a multi-bid league in 2020.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Rice withstood a tough test from Western Kentucky. The Owls were down by 10 in 2Q and didn't regain the lead until late in 3Q. Erica Ogwumike had 22 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists. She was a perfect 8-8 on FTs.

There was a familiar name on the WKU roster. Alexis Brewer, junior redshirt transfer from West Virginia, led the Hilltoppers with 17 points.

Michelle Clark-Heard sure didn't pull a Mike Neighbors: i.e., she didn't leave the cupboard bare when she departed for Cincy. And WKU's top 5 scorers will be returning.

Look out for C-USA next year. Rice gets most of its main contributors back, including E. Ogwumike and Mulkey. WKU should have all 5 starters back. MTSU will have Rellah Boothe and Anastasia Hayes. Who knows, this might be a multi-bid league in 2020.

And MTSU also gets a transfer from Elon....6'4 .Ra'shika White. Last year's Colonial 6th person of the year.... second team all-Colonial.

Reaction Score
Turned on the SWAC semi.

Jackson St up 2 with 6 seconds left. TO, advance the ball. They get the ball in and rather than just holding the ball waiting for the foul, the player tries to throw the ball to a player cutting to the lane in traffic. It gets easily picked off and the taken the other way. The player goes for an out of control layup which she misses. But a foul!

Prairie View player hits the 2 FTs. Overtime.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Turned on the SWAC semi.

Jackson St up 2 with 6 seconds left. TO, advance the ball. They get the ball in and rather than just holding the ball waiting for the foul, the player tries to throw the ball to a player cutting to the lane in traffic. It gets easily picked off and the taken the other way. The player goes for an out of control layup which she misses. But a foul!

Prairie View player hits the 2 FTs. Overtime.
I turned it on just in time to see the game-tying layup near the end of 1OT. That was a pretty ... interesting game. The broadcast and the officiating were ... interesting. And it was ... interesting to hear Cynthia Cooper doing commentary. She wasn't a great coach, but I think she was a better coach than commentator.

Jackson State advances to the final, where they'll play #1 seed Southern.

Plebe

Reaction Score
MTSU puts away UAB to advance to meet Rice.

A'Queen Hayes, transfer from Ole Miss, had 34 points and 12 rebounds for MTSU.

Should be an entertaining game tomorrow.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
denzel.gif

My heart and voice can't take too many games like that... GTHC GTH :D The good guys win

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My mother called me to ask me who made the difference at the end...... it was getting to stressful for her to watch and had to walk away in the last minute :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom