Friday (3/15) games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Friday (3/15) games

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm willing to bet a sizable sum that Portland State will be heading to Eugene in a few days.

Pity the poor 1 or 2 seed that has to play them in their own backyard. :rolleyes:

Hmm, maybe Portland instead of Eugene?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm willing to bet a sizable sum that Portland State will be heading to Eugene in a few days.

thats no fun... thats an hour drive or so??? .... kinda like Elon@State last season @HuskyNan

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
thats no fun... thats an hour drive or so??? .... kinda like Elon@State last season @HuskyNan

I think it's more of a case of the team from Eugene travelling to Portland. PSU won't have to go anywhere. More like a 2 hour drive. And a dull 2 hours at that. Lots of fields and hawks sitting on fence posts.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is it just me, or is that like the 70's era Burt Reynolds of kangaroos?

scratch.gif
scratch.gif
scratch.gif
scratch.gif
scratch.gif
Not sure follow you

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

In a weird way it just reminded me of a pose by Reynolds, laying on a couch wearing not much of anything. Back when he was the leading beefcake in Hollywood.

Google Image Result for https://media2.s-nbcnews.com/i/newscms/2016_12/1020541/burt-reynolds-centerfold-today-tease-160321_3b1c89f7b27f5ba9d08d2ab5e94eaf3b.jpg

Come on, I totally see it.

Reaction Score
3 teams from the State of OR going to the BIG Dance this year! I hope they are not in the same regional with Oregon, or, Oregon State. Not that it will matter, just don't want any chance that Ducks or Beavers would have to end Portland State's NCAA Championship Dream.

Reaction Score
I think it's more of a case of the team from Eugene travelling to Portland. PSU won't have to go anywhere. More like a 2 hour drive. And a dull 2 hours at that. Lots of fields and hawks sitting on fence posts.
It's a beautiful drive from Eugene through Brownsville, Albany, Salem, Woodburn, Wilsonville, to the Rose Garden. That is the 2-hour drive for the UO WBB Team. Most of the UO fans will be coming from communities surrounding Portland.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Pity the poor 1 or 2 seed that has to play them in their own backyard. :rolleyes:

Hmm, maybe Portland instead of Eugene?
Portland St will be the 15 seed playing #2 Oregon.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's a beautiful drive from Eugene through Brownsville, Albany, Salem, Woodburn, Wilsonville, to the Rose Garden. That is the 2-hour drive for the UO WBB Team. Most of the UO fans will be coming from communities surrounding Portland.
Albany is not what I would call beautiful. I have family out there and we were bored to tears. Newport and Corvalis were much nicer

Reaction Score
Albany is not what I would call beautiful. I have family out there and we were bored to tears. Newport and Corvalis were much nicer
Was said "tongue & cheek". It is a boring drive, and on top of nothing to do in Albany, Albany smells terrible!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maine leads Hartford 51-38 after 3Q. Hartford had closed it to within 2 in 3Q but is out of whack with TO's and forcing shots.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Congrats to the Black Bears of Maine. They had a great turnout as well.

I believe that's the 17th team to punch their ticket.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Portland St will be the 15 seed playing #2 Oregon.

Head bang :rolleyes: Uh...oops, got my wires crossed there. Yep, Portland St. will not get the privilege of playing any Tourney games in Portland.

Reaction Score
Head bang:rolleyes: Uh...oops, got my wires crossed there. Yep, Portland St. will not get the privilege of playing any Tourney games in Portland.
If they really are going to play UO, at least they will be playing 2 hours from Portland so their fans could attend.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Uh...oops, got my wires crossed there. Yep, Portland St. will not get the privilege of playing any Tourney games in Portland.
Ya never know! All they have to do is knock off Oregon and then the #7 or #10 seed :)

Plebe

Reaction Score
Upset alert in C-USA. #1 Rice finds itself trailing #4 Western Kentucky 35-33 in mid-3Q.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Was said "tongue & cheek". It is a boring drive, and on top of nothing to do in Albany, Albany smells terrible!

It's not as bad as it used to be though is it? I grew up east of Portland, have family in Springfield/Eugene, made that drive countless times. Used to have to hold your breath for a couple minutes when you drove through there. I don't think you actually smell it from the freeway anymore.

Reaction Score
It's not as bad as it used to be though is it? I grew up east of Portland, have family in Springfield/Eugene, made that drive countless times. Used to have to hold your breath for a couple minutes when you drove through there. I don't think you actually smell it from the freeway anymore.
The smell is burned into my memory banks, so I still taste it when I drive by the mill.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UAA beat the other HPU (Hawaii Pacific) in the opening round of the DII tournament. Next up... another matchup with Northern Nazarene with a trip to the Sweet 16 on the line tomorrow night. It will be the fourth meeting of the season between the two conference mates.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Gonna have to wind up WCBB fairly soon for today...... ACC Men's tournament takes precedent.... One interesting factoid via ESPN. tonight's matchups feature 4 of the top 12 AP teams in the country... including 3 of the top 5. The last time the Final Four had 4 of the top 12 ranked teams was 2009. An its old school ACC teams.... no former Big Easterners
33.gif

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
UC DAVIS beats UC IRVINE in a route
Hawaii beats UC Riverside in a close one.
DAVIS vs Hawaii in Big West final tomorrow.
Please root for UC Davis.
I love the head coach and one of the assistants who also called one of the most creative plays at the end of a game to send it to OT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom