Friday 1st Round (non-UConn games) thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Friday 1st Round (non-UConn games) thread

pj

Reaction Score
St Mary's is gonna win this, the 3 shoot pointing will normalize and St Mary's will win by 10.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
it's not just pride, though. when a BE team wins the in the NCAAT, win share money gets distributed to all the teams. I personally root for BE teams, but if others want to root for the upset that is their perogative (spelling).
Plus better for recruiting.

This is the way!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow VCU kid hurt himself kicking out trying to draw a foul on the shot. Maybe Coaches and Officials might want to consider un-teaching or rewarding that move.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm aware. If my rooting for Kennesaw State had any tangible effect on them not winning until the last seconds I apologize for the money I tried to take out of UConn's pockets
Did I say you pulling for kennesaw state had a tangible effect on them not winning or you tried to take money out of UConn’s pocket? SMH. All I said was that BE teams winning is not just about conference pride, that is it.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I cannot believe anyone on this website was actually cheering for Xavier to beat Kennesaw State. Narcs.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Kolek is playing like hot garbage and is in foul trouble.

I totally get why Vermont is such a good low-major program. Burlington is awesome, Montreal is less than 2 hours away, and if you are not going pro anyway, why not go someplace fun?

Drew

Reaction Score
Plus better for recruiting. This is the way!

Explain to me how its helpful for UConn in recruiting that Xavier beat Kennesaw State? You don’t seriously believe this do you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Drew

Reaction Score
it's not just pride, though. when a BE team wins the in the NCAAT, win share money gets distributed to all the teams. I personally root for BE teams, but if others want to root for the upset that is their perogative (spelling).
Wait- so do we care about the school making more money as fans or not? Because every time we bring up going to the ACC or Big 12 people always say they don’t want to leave and don’t care about the money. But now we do?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Explain to me how its helpful for UConn in recruiting that Xavier beat Kennesaw State? You don’t seriously believe this do you?

A) You are wrong. B) Can you start a separate thread for this silly argument?

Drew

Reaction Score
A) You are wrong. B) Can you start a separate thread for this silly argument?
What about what I said is wrong? You think they’re gonna interview Stephen Castle and he’s gonna be like “Yeah I was really fired up for Xavier that they took care of business against Kennesaw State!”?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
One of the worst call I've ever seen against VT. Nobody within 3 feet of the shooter!

It was a bad call, but refs make anticipation calls just like it all the time. It is definitely bad officiating.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What about what I said is wrong? You think they’re gonna interview Stephen Castle and he’s gonna be like “Yeah I was really fired up for Xavier that they took care of business against Kennesaw State!”?

If it is not important for the rest of the conference teams to be good, then why not just join America East or the NEC?

Drew

Reaction Score
If it is not important for the rest of the conference teams to be good, then why not just join America East or the NEC?
Congratulations on moving the goalposts and completely changing the topic of discussion with a random straw man. You did it.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The better the BE does in the tournament the more likely people talk up the conference and players want to play in that conference!

I have spoken!

Last edited:

Drew

Reaction Score
Exactly the same topic, goal posts are exactly where they started. The problem is that your argument is silly.
You’re right man. We should be in the best basketball conference we can be. Which is why we’ll be in the Big 12 soon enough.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pitt jumping all over Iowa State is disorienting. I am used to the Pitt that cakes its pants and pukes on itself in March. Maybe Pitt will blow a big lead, and balance will return to the universe.

Reaction Score
Play in 16 seeds bumps 2 teams up to 13/14/15 that would previously have been 12/13/14. That and COVID 5th year seniors helps offset some of the underclassmen talent advantage of high majors, especially because it seems less likely for high majors to get the 5th years to stay (more opportunities to play professionally).
All true and great points but still a stark difference from when I was younger. You would think the portal would counterbalance some of that with some of these players moving up a level.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Kolek is playing like hot garbage and is in foul trouble.

I totally get why Vermont is such a good low-major program. Burlington is awesome, Montreal is less than 2 hours away, and if you are not going pro anyway, why not go someplace fun?
Winter Storm Snow GIF by The Weather Channel

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom