Fox Sports: UConn football heads toward independence. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fox Sports: UConn football heads toward independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That’s the funniest angle.

You dopes didn’t realize how much women’s basketball was proping up your garbage contract.

Enjoy that conversation.

U-C-F football. LOL. Like anyone was signing up for ESPN+ to watch UCF football.
Am i crazy to think they can get 4 million a year for 6 home fb games, and tier 3 rights? Especially with home games against P5 coming up? I actually think i might be being conservative.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Am i crazy to think they can get 4 million a year for 6 home fb games, and tier 3 rights? Especially with home games against P5 coming up? I actually think i might be being conservative.

No. The financials are going to be better. I have no doubt about that.

Reaction Score
That’s the funniest angle.

You dopes didn’t realize how much women’s basketball was proping up your garbage contract.

Enjoy that conversation.

U-C-F football. LOL. Like anyone was signing up for ESPN+ to watch UCF football.

Ol Navy Chet came off so thirsty trying to get in front of that one. Enjoy Falwell Jr you handjobs.
It’ll be interesting to see what ESPN actually thinks UConn is worth after all these years of speculating.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why are these writers so butthurt? Because a school had the nerve to stop pretending that serving up your football program to the NCAA gods is the only way to be legitimate.

The more jerkoffs that complain the more i like it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If the Big East gets bumped up to 6 million and we get close to that for FB and tier 3 Fluck the P6.

The AAC truthers don’t realize the Pac 12 schools pulled back on the events they produce because it’s so expensive. The AAC is going to burn through that ‘revenue’ paying for the + production costs.

The AAC contract is LoL bad. Maybe Benedict can get 2 billion on paper if they sign until 2073.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The only thing holding me back from coming around on it more is that I have to have faith in our AD to do a really hard thing really well and they can barely tie their shoes.

I know. I'm with you.

But if I can point to anything that he's done well here...... seemingly the ONLY thing he's done well here.... is to schedule good opponents for the future. Clemson, Illinois, etc. Hopefully, his Auburn experience will at least let him do that...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The only thing holding me back from coming around on it more is that I have to have faith in our AD to do a really hard thing really well and they can barely tie their shoes.

As opposed to them fixing football while in the AAC?

Let’s do a worst case scenario:

The football team stinks and loses by a billion points every week. They lose at home to UMass and almost Rhode Island

The basketball team gives Dan Hurley an improved platform to build a juggernaut from.

UConn doesn’t get invited to a P5 conference.

UConn has a $40 million deficit in the AD.

That’s still better than last Thursday isn’t it?

Reaction Score
I just finished catching up on 100+ pages on both the MBB and Football boards about the situation and it took me until this thread to be at peace with the situation.

I love both programs a ton and I knew that the big east move was inevitable eventually, but I was crushed when I first heard the news. College football is my favorite sport and I took it as a dagger to a program that I’ve loved for two decades.

I’m more optimistic now even though I think the odds are still heavily stacked against us in football. We need to schedule aggressively, which as @CTMike said is a major concern, but at least now there is a path where this can work out for a while.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
you cant make this stuff up. yeah nobody but rice and too lane will go to Michie.

Or maybe... they like being bowl eligible and not going 1-11.

As an Army football booster since high school.....their scheduling these days is exactly what that fan base wants.

They want to come back to Michie, show the family around on a nice fall day and then they want to win a football game against somebody. It’s why they sent the AAC’s calls straight to voice mail.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
As an Army football booster since high school.....their scheduling these days is exactly what that fan base wants.

They want to come back to Michie, show the family around on a nice fall day and then they want to win a football game against somebody. It’s why they sent the AAC’s calls straight to voice mail.

This is probably UConn's POV, and if so, is that so bad?

Liberty and NMSU are trash...are they more trash than Tulsa/Tulane/ECU/etc? Not to 95% of the folks up here they aren't. And now you can play UMass every Thanksgiving.

Independence is unfeasable 99% of the time, but I think UConn could be the weird other 1% where it makes more sense. 2020 is gonna be a problem though.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Everyone says no one in fbs has openings in 2020.

All the AAC schools scheduled to play us that year do. Are they all going to replace us with FCS schools or play against each other to spite us?
They will play against each (other teams in the AAC) because they all need to play 8 conference games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom