Fox Sports: UConn football heads toward independence. | The Boneyard

Fox Sports: UConn football heads toward independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No FBS teams have room for 2020? Other articles have suggested like 15 teams have space. I guess we'll see. Oh it also says the TV deal doesn't change, so this article isn't exactly well-researched.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think scheduling BYU, Army and UMass every year should be easy. Not sold on Liberty or NMSU but those can go on every 2-3 years. Worst case is one of those two each season.

Rest of the sched? Still assume 1 FCS school? Now your down to seven opponents.

Would be nice to get one ACC, one BIG and one Big 12. Not sure if that is feasible. Maybe 2 of those 3 each year.

Would like to see an AAC team each season, but that bridge may be burned. Playing Navy or Temple is most desirable but really any team not named Tulane or Tulsa in football is okay for me.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
We play Clemson soon?

:welp:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think scheduling BYU, Army and UMass every year should be easy. Not sold on Liberty or NMSU but those can go on every 2-3 years. Worst case is one of those two each season.

Would be nice to get one ACC, one BIG and one Big 12. Not sure if that is feasible. Maybe 2 of those 3 each year.

Would like to see an AAC team each season, but that bridge may be burned. Playing Navy or Temple is most desirable but really any team not named Tulane or Tulsa in football is okay for me.

The AAC will be open to any decent name that will do a home and home, although the southern schools may not be pumped about coming to the Rent in November. I think we will get regular games with Temple.

Realistically, there will be more than a few CUSA and MAC games in the first few years.

I will say that I am more excited about an annual game against UMass than I was about any of our AAC opponents.

Reaction Score
What's the spread on the Clemson game?
We could all get rich next season betting on UConn football

Reaction Score
Might have to play two FCS for a bit just to get enough home games.

In general I agree that it should be easier for us to get games than say Liberty or NMSU.

Reaction Score

Look at who Army was able to schedule at home. It will give you an idea on how hard it is to get good games at home. They have exactly two good home games in the next 4 seasons. While UConn should be able to join Umass on Army’s regular schedule, Army’s homes schedule (minus Air Force) is what UConn is looking at.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Look at who Army was able to schedule at home. It will give you an idea on how hard it is to get good games at home. They have exactly two good home games in the next 4 seasons. While UConn should be able to join Umass on Army’s regular schedule, Army’s homes schedule (minus Air Force) is what UConn is looking at.

Army schedules for 8 wins. I suspect they could get more high profile opponents if they wanted.

Reaction Score

You do know the highlight of a Home Game at Michie Stadium ain’t the Opponent?

It’s the FF - ING Paratroopers coming down with the ball & 200 cadets doing push-ups & the cannon.

Then. Walk through the Officers housing ... you might get a Peach Cobbler

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You do know the highlight of a Home Game at Michie Stadium ain’t the Opponent?

It’s the FF - ING Paratroopers coming down with the ball & 200 cadets doing push-ups & the cannon.

Then. Walk through the Officers housing ... you might get a Peach Cobbler

No one who has ever been to Michie would ever ponder how their schedule gets made.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
No FBS teams have room for 2020? Other articles have suggested like 15 teams have space. I guess we'll see. Oh it also says the TV deal doesn't change, so this article isn't exactly well-researched.
Scheduling 2020 will be difficult but this is defintiely a strategy worth pursuing :
What UConn will need to do, he explained, is convince schools that are playing each other to instead play the Huskies.

Also note that the article came from the AP Ralph Russo.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The AAC ain’t divvying up our share of the revenue. ESPN has good CT & NY Attorneys

That’s the funniest angle.

You dopes didn’t realize how much women’s basketball was proping up your garbage contract.

Enjoy that conversation.

U-C-F football. LOL. Like anyone was signing up for ESPN+ to watch UCF football.

Ol Navy Chet came off so thirsty trying to get in front of that one. Enjoy Falwell Jr you handjobs.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the need to rush to the Big East in 2020. Why not just announce we are going to the Big East in the 2021 season? Basketball fans would have still been happy with that and we could have had another year of AAC football. Hopefully the school got some assurances somewhere that we will be able to cobble together a 2020 football season. On paper we might have a good football team in 2020, if we can't put a schedule together we will have players running to the transfer portal.

again why the rush to the Big East? 27 months notice would have made scheduling much easier. There better be a plan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA