Four Top 20 Teams Will Lose TONIGHT... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Four Top 20 Teams Will Lose TONIGHT...

Reaction Score
I am picking Florida State, Louisville, Texas and Stanford. All guesses but what the heck. Thank you for the post, should be fun.

We're really going to find out what Texas is made of tonight. Have they improved? Can they take on the best? I think it will be tonight's best match-up.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
View attachment 19495

Then what ever one(s) you click is/are inserted at the current cursor position just like text. :) :D :cool:

Hey Java, while you're at it, please explain to a dummy (that would be me) why some thread titles appear bolded and others do not. How does one set the thread title in bold?

Reaction Score
Hey Java, while you're at it, please explain to a dummy (that would be me) why some thread titles appear bolded and others do not. How does one set the thread title in bold?

To the best of my knowledge we have no control over that aspect of the title. In fact, we have very little control over formatting titles; uppercase and lowercase, that's it.

Now, if you were to become one of the esteemed "mods," you would have the power to do all kinds of things with posts, titles, and even causing things to disapppear. The things that we mere members can only dream about. :rolleyes:

But to solve your perplexity, when you see thread titles that are bolder looking than others it is because for YOU there are unread post in that thread. So, if a thread title is not in bold, that indicates that there is nothing new there for you to read, just move along. :)

Last edited:

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
And 3 of those games are on national TV! What a great night for WCBB. I guess they thought no one would bother to watch "real sports" after the Superbowl....
All four on on national television. Miami is on at 6:00 p m Central Time on Uverse station YES HD. Channel 1702.

Reaction Score
First game starts at 7:00 EST. For your convenience, entries will be accepted until 6:30 pm EST. :D
  • So far, only 13 players. Of those, only 2 have Miami; they diverge from there.
  • Of the 11 who picked Fl. State, 6 have taken Louisville, 7 went for Notre Dame.
  • Only 2 have picked Texas.
  • Stanford not getting much love with only 3 taking them. (This must be the "safety" upset.)
  • 8 have declared it's gonna be an all favorites night.
ps: to be fair to all, no changes will be accepted. :D :D

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It's a bit tough to choose any of these four underdogs because they're all playing on the road. Baylor and FSU are heavy favorites over Texas and Miami and, in all honesty, would have to play one of their worst games of the season to lose.

The other two games are closer calls, but I just can't see UCLA winning at Maples. Stanford is playing very well right now, and UCLA hasn't been great on the road.

So I'm going with Louisville over Notre Dame as the only surprise out of the four. ND has been better at home than on the road, but looked vulnerable in a recent home win over Virginia. Louisville gave Florida State just about all they could handle in Tallahassee.

If Hines-Allen can't play tonight, though, it's hard to see Louisville winning.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
:cool:

To the best of my knowledge we have no control over that aspect of the title. In fact, we have very little control over formatting titles; uppercase and lowercase, that's it.

Now, if you were to become one of the esteemed "mods," you would have the power to do all kinds of things with posts, titles, and even causing things to disapppear. The things that we mere members can only dream about. :rolleyes:

But to solve your perplexity, when you see thread titles that are bolder looking than others it is because for YOU there are unread post in that thread. So, if a thread title is not in bold, that indicates that there is nothing new there for you to read, just move along. :)

That last sentence gave me goosebumps- Obi Wan with the Storm Troopers "these aren't the droids your looking for, move along..." Yes Jedi Master JavaMan, now show me how to just highlight this last part of your thread not the whole piece.:cool:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Well Louisville is... not ready. Guess I'll get ready to watch the Baylor vs Texas game. I really hope there's a tech or a jacket toss.

Reaction Score
:cool:
That last sentence gave me goosebumps- Obi Wan with the Storm Troopers "these aren't the droids your looking for, move along..." Yes Jedi Master JavaMan, now show me how to just highlight this last part of your thread not the whole piece.:cool:
Once you click "Reply" and get the quote at the top of a new post window, you can edit the enclosed text just like you can edit any text within a post. In my example I highlighted the text in the second shot, and deleted.

However, most important is, you cannot alter the open and close quote tags, including the brackets on either end. Follow the graphic below.

Almost as important: be careful how you alter the original posters words and meaning. You could ruffle some feathers. :eek:

If you mess up the code, just highlight everything, delete, and start over. When finished, you'll really be :cool:

upload_2017-2-6_19-49-58.png

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Well Louisville is... not ready. Guess I'll get ready to watch the Baylor vs Texas game. I really hope there's a tech or a jacket toss.

Hines-Allen made a cameo late in the first quarter but only played a couple minutes. Briahanna Jackson, another key starter for Louisville, is now out with back spasms. Notre Dame is looking as good as they've looked all season, but it's against a much weakened opponent.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have no idea why anyone would have picked Louisville to win this game. I know yall hate ND, but come on :cool:

Reaction Score
I have no idea why anyone would have picked Louisville to win this game. I know yall hate ND, but come on :cool:
Because to win, they had to pick at least one upset. Your words could easily apply inserting the lower ranked team in each of the other three games as well. (except the hate part)

I guess your lucky Duke wasn't playing a lesser ranked opponent tonight. They may have picked you for the upset. :confused: :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Because to win, they had to pick at least one upset. Your words could easily apply inserting the lower ranked team in each of the other three games as well. (except the hate part) :D

I didnt realize there was a prize involved... In that case I pick ND, FSU, Stanford, and Baylor :)

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Watching the Baylor v Texas game and Baylor reminds me of South Carolina right now. Once Jones gets going that will change.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom