Four Top 20 Teams Will Lose TONIGHT... | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Four Top 20 Teams Will Lose TONIGHT...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Yay!!!!!!!! Glad Texas won. I don't have anything against Baylor but Texas just played like they wanted it more for 40 minutes. Glad to see them pull it out. Parity and so on and so forth....

Yup. I was impressed with both teams, but sometimes amazed at the difficult shots that were sometimes attempted. Both seemed to play decent defense at times. In a game of this sort, I typically pull for the visiting team. The home team often seems to have all the advantages.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow, Texas beats Baylor for the first time in forever and UCLA wins at Maples.

The state of WCBB can be summed up in the formula UConn + Parity.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
she's blaming ankles not taped and people on cell phones smh... talk about throwig them under the bus. not a tear was shedded.

Reaction Score
Pre-game in the locker room. Not focused enough she thought.
Baylor allows cell phones in their locker room? I just assumed every team banned them from the locker room and bench long ago.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It was not the cell phones in the locker room but their texting going to the hoop during the game. Don't text and drive.

Don't be a downer. How else they gonna get some sick selfies to post to Instagram?

Reaction Score
Texas certainly raised eyebrows last night. They played great. The fact that they hung on to close out the game, after Baylor tied it late in the forth on their home court, was a real confidence-building achievement that will make this a dangerous team come tournament time.

But mostly I am relieved that the Lady Bears are maybe not quite as good I thought they were. For most of the season, this is the one and only team I thought might have a chance to intimidate and/or even beat our women in Dallas. Now I feel like any possible fear factor is firmly off the table, and the likelihood of them pulling off a win against us somewhat diminished.

Of course, the way Texas and Note Dame played last night, the threat from other teams I had previously discounted seems to be rising.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Texas certainly raised eyebrows last night. They played great. The fact that they hung on to close the game, after Baylor tied it late in the forth on their home court, was a real confidence-building achievement that will make this a dangerous team come tournament time.

But mostly I am relieved that the Lady Bears are maybe not quite as good I thought they were. For most of the season, this is the one and only team I thought might have a chance to intimidate and/or even beat our women in Dallas. Now I feel like any possible fear factor is firmly off the table, and the likelihood of them pulling off a win against us somewhat diminished.

Of course, the way Texas and Note Dame played last night, the threat from other teams I had previously discounted seems to be rising.

This expresses my thoughts in every respect.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Texas certainly raised eyebrows last night. They played great. The fact that they hung on to close the game, after Baylor tied it late in the forth on their home court, was a real confidence-building achievement that will make this a dangerous team come tournament time.

Texas was really good last night. I saw this coming after watching Baylor's last two games as they had come out flat in both games. And I knew that without Mompremier available to guard Holmes that Texas was ripe for the win.

But give kudos to Texas. They earned this victory and they are a much better team than what UCONN faced. Atkins scored 20 points and didn't she miss much of the game against UCONN?

Reaction Score
I guess your lucky Duke wasn't playing a lesser ranked opponent tonight. They may have picked you for the upset. :confused: :D
Damn, I didn't realize my computer has that keyboard virus again. That's a pesky bugger! :p

Reaction Score
Congrats Kmoney. You appear to be the only one that picked all four winners. :)
NOT! Sorry. :(

upload_2017-2-7_16-46-0.png

For closer inspection, see posts #38 and #41 in this thread.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Texas was really good last night. I saw this coming after watching Baylor's last two games as they had come out flat in both games. And I knew that without Mompremier available to guard Holmes that Texas was ripe for the win.

But give kudos to Texas. They earned this victory and they are a much better team than what UCONN faced. Atkins scored 20 points and didn't she miss much of the game against UCONN?
I saw this coming... smh

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
NOT! Sorry. :(

View attachment 19531

For closer inspection, see posts #38 and #41 in this thread.

Hey Java, I did jump the gun before I saw any official results posted. I am guilty of that. BUT.....................I Covered my A** by including the word "APPEAR" in my comment which is not conclusive. :) I posted that comment from my iphone. I was texting in duress. That, and my turban kept falling down over my eyes obscuring my vision, and this was done in a dimly lit room. For me, the Boneyard is not as easy to navigate on a cell phone as it is on my desktop. I stand corrected, Thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey Java, I did jump the gun before I saw any official results posted. I am guilty of that. BUT....I Covered my A** by including the word "APPEAR" in my comment which is not conclusive. :) I posted that comment from my iphone. I was texting in duress. That, and my turban kept falling down over my eyes obscuring my vision, and this was done in a dimly lit room. For me, the Boneyard is not as easy to navigate on a cell phone as it is on my desktop. I stand corrected, Thank you.

Correct, correct, and correct (except for maybe the turban part :rolleyes:).

I was fully aware of your CYA, I definitely noticed it. But ...I had to clear it up for @Kmoney and the rest of the Boneyard, so I had to post something, and I figured you could and would shoulder the needling. ;)

However, to explain even further, when I did my final check to complete the spreadsheet, I saw @Kmoney's post, but I did not included it in the spreadsheet because it was outside the time-frame allotted. Since it was not on the spreadsheet, I was completely unaware that he had picked the 4 winners until I saw your post congratulating him. I didn't' think to go back and check his picks, and btw, he was the only one that was outside the time parameters. My bad! Oh well, live and learn. But at least now I know who to check with in the future to find out who will be winning and who will be loosing. :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Correct, correct, and correct (except for maybe the turban part :rolleyes:).

I was fully aware of your CYA, I definitely noticed it. But ..I had to clear it up for @Kmoney and the rest of the Boneyard, so I had to post something, and I figured you could and would shoulder the needling. ;)

However, to explain even further, when I did my final check to complete the spreadsheet, I saw @Kmoney's post, but I did not included it in the spreadsheet because it was outside the time-frame allotted. Since it was not on the spreadsheet, I was completely unaware that he had picked the 4 winners until I saw your post congratulating him. I didn't' think to go back and check his picks, and btw, he was the only one that was outside the time parameters. My bad! Oh well, live and learn. But at least now I know who to check with in the future to find out who will be winning and who will be loosing. :D

Thanks, I was at my granddaughter's JV basketball game when I wrote that post. The games started at the same time. 7pm games in Ct is 4 pm here on the west coast, so they were going simultaneously. I could not remember what scores I predicted, but I knew I was close. I wasn't aware that ol' rascal Kmoney tried to slip in under the wire on us. Glad you caught it. With my claim to fame, I should be posting the exact score every game. My ouija board has been taken over by evil spirits, my crystal ball needs to be re calibrated, I can't find my rabbit's foot, and all of my trusty tea leaves have dried up. I've got nothing. I'm winging it. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom