Fouls Drawn In Big East Play - I crunched the numbers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Fouls Drawn In Big East Play - I crunched the numbers

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Yeah, it's just common sense. Ice cream sales are highest in the hottest months. The highest number of swimmers are in the water in the highest temperature months, hence more drownings.

I bet something like motorcycle accidents would correlate pretty well because motorcycle riding is low in the winter and high in the summer. As I said, not cause/effect but a predictable correlation.

Head bang

Reaction Score
Nope.

They’ve shot 403 FTs this year. That’s the 3rd most in the country. Their opponents have shot 233. You don’t get that kind of disparity just by gaining an advantage at home. It’s about their style of play and how they’re coached.
Another reasoned voice in the wilderness.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No, they just decided it was okay for Providence to body our guards and bridge our big man and then call those fouls on the other end.

Consistency, that's all we want

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
On the topic of fouls, it's been a while but I remember reading a statistical analysis that concluded

Home teams get more free throws

Home teams benefit more on charge / block calls

Home teams travel less...

And this stuff happened every year for like 10 consecutive years

The home court officiating advantage is real. Rarely do you see such lopsided officiating come tournament time

Reaction Score
On the topic of fouls, it's been a while but I remember reading a statistical analysis that concluded

Home teams get more free throws

Home teams benefit more on charge / block calls

Home teams travel less...

And this stuff happened every year for like 10 consecutive years

The home court officiating advantage is real. Rarely do you see such lopsided officiating come tournament time
Agreed but the best we can hope for with our home court advantage is to stay even with those calls it seems. I’ll take it for now.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
1. The statistical evidence is undeniable at this point. Anyone who does is trying too hard to look unbiased(looking at you @RobDauster ). Beyond statistical evidence is reporting from a big time CBB analyst that refs dislike our coach, which by nature could influence their 50/50 calls.

2. Hurley needs to stop going at officials in game. He’s made his bed in this regard. It’s only going to improve over time if he mends his relationships with the officials, which he can do by laying off consistently.

3. @auror posted stats in another thread which suggest Dans teams are always near the top of college basketball in foul rate. Even if the refs are biased, they can’t be 100% to blame for this trend. He’s gotta reign in the aggressive defense to some extent.

4. Some of our players do avoid contact. Sanogo gets the most blame here, but I do think people underrate how physical opposing teams get away with playing him. For example, Eric Dixon for Nova was absolutely hounding him off ball all game, usually a stud big man gets a few post positioning fouls here and there, but Sanogo can seemingly be shoved/hooked/thrown all game. But as it has been noted, he doesn’t do himself any favors with the way he shoots. Andre is never driving all the way consistently, which is why he’ll never shoot that many. I’d argue Newton gets the worst whistle out of anyone, which sucks because he’s a great free throw shooter.
Yup. Big difference when kids can’t manhandle Hawkins off screens. See vs Creighton and vs PC. Big difference when teams can’t hack Sanogo. Some fouls are legit as our guards are not good defenders as a whole, but what you and I mentioned is different. Also, we can’t beeeetch about how jackson gets undercut at PC and there’s no call.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Assuming the boneyard is more accepting of who you are than the PC board?
I Love You GIF by Taylor Swift

Reaction Score
I believe the term for this is Schlapping. But in Andre’s case it was unintentional

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom