Fought our hearts out | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Fought our hearts out

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I forgot we have a national championship roster . . .

I forgot that some posters are so dense that they don't realize that every single poster on this board realizes the roster needs an upgrade but many of us have enough self-control not to trash the players all day long.

Since we are on the topic, you have leapt to @superjohn 's defense about his statement that Carlton needs to go immediately, so that must mean you agree with his position. Superjohn thinks that a Top whatever freshman will be better than a 4th year player who was reasonably highly recruited at one point and has played three years under Hurley.

Why do you believe that? Is it because you think Hurley is so terrible at developing players that less exposure to Hurley's coaching is better? Or do you not have the capability of maintaining coherent arguments and just want the emotional release of verbally destroying a college kid on a message board?

Reaction Score
I forgot that some posters are so dense that they don't realize that every single poster on this board realizes the roster needs an upgrade but many of us have enough self-control not to trash the players all day long.

Since we are on the topic, you have leapt to @superjohn 's defense about his statement that Carlton needs to go immediately, so that must mean you agree with his position. Superjohn thinks that a Top whatever freshman will be better than a 4th year player who was reasonably highly recruited at one point and has played three years under Hurley.

Why do you believe that? Is it because you think Hurley is so terrible at developing players that less exposure to Hurley's coaching is better? Or do you not have the capability of maintaining coherent arguments and just want the emotional release of verbally destroying a college kid on a message board?
You really are a terrific dullard. How could a top freshman center be better than Carlton? A great young player playing better than a bad old player, I've never heard of such a thing.

Clearly Carlton is better than Kofi and would be playing more minutes than him if Kofi came here.

Reaction Score
You really are a terrific dullard. How could a top freshman center be better than Carlton? A great young player playing better than a bad old player, I've never heard of such a thing.

Clearly Carlton is better than Kofi and would be playing more minutes than him if Kofi came here.
Rumor has it Duke inquired to see if David Onuorah had eligibility left before settling for Vernon Carey Jr.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

So Hurley's coaching is bad?

You have actually argued that all the old players need to go, and would be better served by immediately replacing them with borderline Top 100 freshmen that Hurley is currently chasing.

Polley got hurt, so by your logic, UConn should be better. Is UConn better without Polley?

Reaction Score
"Josh Carlton is terrible and we can't win with him but the Top 50 center won't come here because the kid who is terrible is blocking his path to playing time."

I’m just afraid an impactful freshman/grad transfer center can’t coexist with josh. No great grad transfer will want to use their final year of eligibility to compete for minutes with a senior center. And no freshman stud will want to be obstructed by splitting minutes.

Reaction Score

You have actually argued that all the old players need to go, and would be better served by immediately replacing them with borderline Top 100 freshmen that Hurley is currently chasing.

Polley got hurt, so by your logic, UConn should be better. Is UConn better without Polley?

The answer to my question yesterday in the Polley thread is "roughly 32 hours" . . .

Reaction Score
Every time a freshman comes in and supplants a veteran it's because of bad coaching. Ok . . .

Josh Carlton is not good enough to be a starting center on an NCAA tournament team. He tries hard and has developed some skills, but he's not there and he's not likely to get there. If that's bashing him, fine.

Reaction Score

With all of the strawmen in this thread, nobody better light a match.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom