Fought our hearts out | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Fought our hearts out

Reaction Score
He absolutely destroyed the team’s chances of winning. So many bad shots, turnovers and those two huge fouls late. If we can get an upgrade at center and point next year this team could be a lot of fun to watch and dangerous.
Yeah I can't believe Josh and Gilbert are the same players from last year. I mean Josh was actually improving. I have no idea why he gained weight when he was already slow and couldn't jump over a phone book. At center we have to play small as Whaley isn't too good and for point guard we just have to live with Gaffney's mistakes as he learns to play point. Josh and Gilbert are dead weight at this point of their careers.

Reaction Score
Akok Akok's game isn't developing on offense as it should be at this time of the season and Gafnney is barely getting any run. I know they make mistakes but they need to play through them as they are future. I like seeing Bouk stepping up for us and we got to find Wilson minutes as he certainly has talent and just needs the confidence. I think we will get better but we have to get more from Josh down low and the freshmen have to develop for us to have a chance. Vital has been solid all year but Gilbert has just been bad and I hope his minutes start to dwindle. I'm glad we will have other options down low next year in the Brown and Spring as Josh has regressed bit time. Who was that guy saying he could be a fringe NBA player? LOL!

Reaction Score
Couldn’t read this whole thread. But this was the best game this year. What a lot of fun. I‘m sure there are some still bashing Christian. Kid was like two guys out there.
Despite the outcome, most fun game I’ve been at in years. Great crowd, felt like all the big games did during our heyday. Tough outcome but very soon we will start winning these games again.

Reaction Score
I want to applaud them for effort I really want to but I cant because it sends the wrong message, and it would be disrespectful to the team if I did.

relax dude

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Let’s put some money in a bag and give it to Cliff.

giphy.gif

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yeah I can't believe Josh and Gilbert are the same players from last year. I mean Josh was actually improving. I have no idea why he gained weight when he was already slow and couldn't jump over a phone book. At center we have to play small as Whaley isn't too good and for point guard we just have to live with Gaffney's mistakes as he learns to play point. Josh and Gilbert are dead weight at this point of their careers.
They're still better at basketball than you are at posting.
And you offer less.
Transparently so.
Fancy that.

Reaction Score
We desperately need a new starting center for next season, I don't care how many points and rebounds he finished with, he kills us out there.
I’m just afraid an impactful freshman/grad transfer center can’t coexist with josh. No great grad transfer will want to use their final year of eligibility to compete for minutes with a senior center. And no freshman stud will want to be obstructed by splitting minutes.
Then if we give the freshman/grad transfer a clear path to starting, what is the best course of action for Josh? Is it fair to him to keep him here?

It’s a tough situation no doubt. I don’t claim to have the right answer.

Reaction Score
I’m just afraid an impactful freshman/grad transfer center can’t coexist with josh. No great grad transfer will want to use their final year of eligibility to compete for minutes with a senior center. And no freshman stud will want to be obstructed by splitting minutes.
Then if we give the freshman/grad transfer a clear path to starting, what is the best course of action for Josh? Is it fair to him to keep him here?

It’s a tough situation no doubt. I don’t claim to have the right answer.
A top freshman center (Cliff) would certainly start over Josh. Josh would have been planted on the bench had we landed Kofi.

Fairness is playing the best players and giving your team the best chance to win games.

Reaction Score
A top freshman center (Cliff) would certainly start over Josh. Josh would have been planted on the bench had we landed Kofi.

Fairness is playing the best players and giving your team the best chance to win games.
I agree. Think we just gotta prove to Cliff that the job is his, and that there won’t even be a competition for the starting job in the Fall. Auburn, Alabama, ASU, Rutgers etc will all pitch him the opportunity to start immediately. We gotta match that pitch.

Reaction Score
Heartbreaking loss but definitely a winnable game. They left it on the floor this afternoon. They're learning that full effort is only one of many ingredients of a successful team and program. We've only gotten that full effort in the past 2 games and glimpses of it earlier this season.

With that being said, I'm happy the way Sid and others stepped up in the absence of Tyler. Unfortunately this is a rebuild. While we do have the talent to compete, the rebuild isn't only about the talent on the floor, but in the minds and hearts of the players to rid themselves of the losing mentality - doing the things that winning teams do. We're not ready to wield that dagger to put teams away yet. We will and Coach Hurley will make sure of that.

Reaction Score
Certainly a "are you not entertained" episode incuding a special appearance of the three stooges.

Reaction Score
We only have 9 players and no shooting right now and we went to double OT. We fought our hearts out but poor execution and the refs kept us from winning.

We desperately need a new starting center for next season, I don't care how many points and rebounds he finished with, he kills us out there.

Love the effort, hate the loss.
Been saying for ever and a day. The weak link is the biggest one. Soft and worst athlete on the floor. His offensive bread and butter is traveling or chucking the ball st the rim or dropping every pass in traffic. We haven’t had a decent catching big sing maybe Kenton? But definitely not the Charlie josh and Hilton days.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I agree. Think we just gotta prove to Cliff that the job is his, and that there won’t even be a competition for the starting job in the Fall. Auburn, Alabama, ASU, Rutgers etc will all pitch him the opportunity to start immediately. We gotta match that pitch.

That's right. We want the guy that doesn't want to work for the job. Awesome.

Reaction Score
Threw up 2 more times before my husband could get him.to.the mens room - and you know what those are like in the old civic center
I admire your dedication but what did you expect when you feed a 10 year old liquor

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is it fair to say a guy is "killing" us when there are no other options? No, it's not. All a guy can do is try hard.

Reaction Score
Is it fair to say a guy is "killing" us when there are no other options? No, it's not. All a guy can do is try hard.
It's a board to talk about basketball games, it's pretty difficult to talk about the games without actually talking about what's happening and what can't happen next season if we want to start winning these games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom