Fought our hearts out | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Fought our hearts out

Reaction Score
gonna correct that, I mispoke. Meant to say applauding the effort after losses, nobody is applauding the loss. The effort should be there every time though, you shouldn't have to hope the effort will show up. That's a Geno philosophy. I absolutely see the positives in this game, but overall what @Scoe said is right, it would be disrespectful to the program and team for us to just applaud the effort in a game we lost.
I think the point you and Scoe are missing that others are saying is that we're rebuilding. It may be taking a little longer, but losses like this are encouraging towards getting to that rebuild, even though baby steps. We are not what we once were. When we get back their again, then applauding losses will be unacceptable.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
would emphasize this 100 times. Cliff or Bruner. It may take ushering someone we already have out, and you gotta do that if you are Hurley. The "loyalty" plan hasn't worked out. He doesn't owe all of these current players a spot next season.

You and Hurley are not on the same page - I predict many years of temper tantrums on your part.

Reaction Score
I left right under 3 .i knew we weren’t winning the game. I was right. Come at me.

Real uconn fans number in the 100’s.And if you don’t know that you aren’t a real UConn fan. You sit there through njit? You sit there thought unh? I highly doubt it.
Just wondering, what was so urgent that you had to leave?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
gonna correct that, I mispoke. Meant to say applauding the effort after losses, nobody is applauding the loss. The effort should be there every time though, you shouldn't have to hope the effort will show up. That's a Geno philosophy. I absolutely see the positives in this game, but overall what @Scoe said is right, it would be disrespectful to the program and team for us to just applaud the effort in a game we lost.
Agree, but I don't that anyone is just applauding the effort. We can still feel good about Sid having a good game and Bouk playing more assertively though.

Reaction Score
That was insane. Im like emotionally drained after that one. The crowd was great, and to the fans that left early and missed out...what is the point of leaving early? I always wondered why thats like the hit thing to do. Ive probably been to about 100+ UConn games over the years, and I can honestly say that I never once left a game early.
Season ticket holder for 37 years - can remember leaving early once - when my nephew puked on the shoes of the person next to us.

Reaction Score
cliff (30 mpg) and brown (10 mpg) means carlton and whaley becoming cheerleaders. they can hold up the pyramid.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
SOFTYYYYYYY- @Scoe is 100% right. Effort should be there every time. Hurley promised us that much by year 2. The day we start applauding the effort in losses is when we are no longer a top tier program

No longer?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Season ticket holder for 37 years - can remember leaving early once - when my nephew puked on the shoes of the person next to us.

So that was you LOL

Teasing but I do remember someone puking near me but he was not a child but an adult who drank way to much

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I had someone die near me. Other than that it was a good game.

Reaction Score
So that was you LOL

Teasing but I do remember someone puking near me but he was not a child but an adult who drank way to much
He's 40 years old now and still remembers

Reaction Score
One of the best loses I’ve seen. Gutty and lots of heart. I‘ll be rooting for Sid like never before. Hell, I might buy a Sid jersey after today. We’re not that far off but need that nickel pos.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
AG was the one that frustrated me the most. Because his on ball defense was relentless all game.

Reaction Score
We only have 9 players and no shooting right now and we went to double OT. We fought our hearts out but poor execution and the refs kept us from winning.

We desperately need a new starting center for next season, I don't care how many points and rebounds he finished with, he kills us out there.

Love the effort, hate the loss.
Don't forget a point guard who doesn't go one on three on key parts of the game and makes a stupid turnover to kill our momentum. Gilbert has to be the worst point guard we have had since I have been watching uconn games from the late 70's. How can you be s midget point guard and can't run an offense or shoot?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Don't forget a point guard who doesn't go one on three on key parts of the game and makes a stupid turnover to kill our momentum. Gilbert has to be the worst point guard we have had since I have been watching uconn games from the late 70's. How can you be s midget point guard and can't run an offense or shoot?
This is *your* A game?
Ipsa loquitor

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Had to get outta Dodge fast, eh?

Reaction Score
I left right under 3 .i knew we weren’t winning the game. I was right. Come at me.

Real uconn fans number in the 100’s.And if you don’t know that you aren’t a real UConn fan. You sit there through njit? You sit there thought unh? I highly doubt it.
Go away.....you're absolutely clueless

Reaction Score
He absolutely destroyed the team’s chances of winning. So many bad shots, turnovers, critical missed free throws and those two huge fouls late. If we can get an upgrade at center and point next year this team could be a lot of fun to watch and dangerous.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

this is why we can’t close these games out. We have a below average back court. Even on the game tying three in regulation, Gilbert almost lost his dribble going behind his back with coverage sagging off him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom