Fought our hearts out | The Boneyard

Fought our hearts out

Reaction Score
We only have 9 players and no shooting right now and we went to double OT. We fought our hearts out but poor execution and the refs kept us from winning.

We desperately need a new starting center for next season, I don't care how many points and rebounds he finished with, he kills us out there.

Love the effort, hate the loss.

Reaction Score
I want to applaud them for effort I really want to but I cant because it sends the wrong message, and it would be disrespectful to the team if I did.

Reaction Score
I don't think there was anyone here, myself included, that thought they were going to tie the game down 69-60 with 1:05 left. Heck of an effort, never let down even when things looked bleak and a regulation loss looked certain, maybe even a double digit one. Lots of fight in these guys today. Closing seconds of the second OT were a bummer, of course.

It feels good to play meaningful close games against good teams again at least.

Reaction Score
I don't think there was anyone here, myself included, that thought they were going to tie the game down 69-60 with 1:05 left. Heck of an effort, never let down even when things looked bleak and a regulation loss looked certain, maybe even a double digit one. Lots of fight in these guys today. Closing seconds of the second OT were a bummer, of course.

Tremendous fight down 9 with a minute to go.

The problem is: where is that focus, aggressiveness, headiness up 1 in overtime with a chance to seize control of the game?

Reaction Score

The problem is: where is that focus, aggressiveness, headiness up 1 in overtime with a chance to seize control of the game?

Might be over aggressiveness, gotta be in control of your emotions.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Yeah, our fanbase has a toughness problem.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
We only have 9 players and no shooting right now and we went to double OT. We fought our hearts out but poor execution and the refs kept us from winning.

We desperately need a new starting center for next season, I don't care how many points and rebounds he finished with, he kills us out there.

Love the effort, hate the loss.
The last shot was missed, he grabs the rebound and is looking around. He had two defenders on him, GO UP WITH THE FREAKING BALL DRAW THE FOUL. And 1? Long shot? it was our best shot at the rebound. I agree with you. Inside BB IQ is needed.This Gilbert drive to kick it to Carlton inside got old 3 games ago. This team fought their arse's off, but they know how to shoot themselves in the foot every game.

Reaction Score
The last shot was missed, he grabs the rebound and is looking around. He had two defenders on him, GO UP WITH THE FREAKING BALL DRAW THE FOUL. And 1? Long shot? it was our best shot at the rebound. I agree with you. Inside BB IQ is needed.This Gilbert drive to kick it to Carlton inside got old 3 games ago. This team fought their arse's off, but they know how to shoot themselves in the foot every game.
THIS. I was so mad he didnt do that!

Reaction Score

It feels good to play meaningful close games against good teams again at least.
We've done it in the past few years at home. Sadly our next 2 are at Nova and Houston. I'll think we can win a road game when I actually see it.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
To the fans that left at the end of regulation... YOU SUCK! Sad excuse UConn fans! Don’t come to another game please. At least the seats will be available to real fans. You should be ashamed of yourselves leaving like that, during a Sunday afternoon game no less!

Reaction Score
To the fans that left at the end of regulation... YOU SUCK! Sad excuse UConn fans! Don’t come to another game please. At least the seats will be available to real fans. You should be ashamed of yourselves leaving like that, during a Sunday afternoon game no less!
My husband and used to joke that their season tickets should be revoked and given to true fans.

Reaction Score
I missed regulation...can't believe we came back 9 in 1:05. Then double OT against #23....nobody would have predicted this after the USF game. What a great game to watch. Yes there were bad plays by both Carlton and Gilbert but free throws killed us.

The future is bright in Stores but yes, a Carlton Replacement Unit is needed.

Reaction Score
Absolutely gut wrenching. Still don’t have what it takes in these games
The comeback is more gut wrenching than the loss for me. It's like we beat ourselves putting us in that predicament. WS practically gave us the game and we acted like we didn't want it either.

Reaction Score
He caught the rebound with ~3 seconds and us down 3 and you’re saying the smart play was to go up with it? Um, no...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I want to applaud them for effort I really want to but I cant because it sends the wrong message, and it would be disrespectful to the team if I did.
You don't strike as someone who generally worries about sending the wrong message or being disrespectful.

Go ahead and applaud something you like. Nobody will be worse off for your being complimentary. Take a chance on kindness and encouragement. It's the 20's. Live it up!

PS - Do you by any chance have children, spouse, significant other, employees, friends?

Reaction Score
You don't strike as someone who generally worries about sending the wrong message or being disrespectful.

Go ahead and applaud something you like. Nobody will be worse off for your being complimentary. Take a chance on kindness and encouragement. It's the 20's. Live it up!

PS - Do you by any chance have children, spouse, significant other, employees, friends?

Yes, and why does any of that matter? When has Uconn been all about winning participation trophies, to me a loss is a loss and a win is a win. I have my own policy that I cant applaud effort I applaud results thats what im all about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom