Former UConn men’s basketball guard Tyrese Martin secures NBA G League Elite Camp invite > NBA Draft Combine invite | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Former UConn men’s basketball guard Tyrese Martin secures NBA G League Elite Camp invite > NBA Draft Combine invite

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I was always taugh if you trap do so in the corners, using the out of bounds as an additional defender full or half court.
Reminds me of the year we trapped mercilessly whenever we could force the ball to the corner as it reached half court. And then the next year, it was almost never employed. Can't remember which reported asked him what happened to the trapping defense, and he just said 'the rest of the league figured out how to avoid it.'

Reaction Score
Tyrese Martin | UConn | SF | 6'6.75" in shoes, 215lbs, 6'8" wingspan

Game 2 Stats: 13 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal (5-9 FGs, 1-2 from three)

Martin didn't have the greatest first day of the combine but he left it all out on the floor on Tuesday and it paid off with an invite to the Combine. He's a strong, sturdy and fast wing who was exceptional rebounding the basketball, earning his way to a double-double.

Martin is an impressive athlete at his size, measuring a 39-inch max vertical jump and with his nose for the basketball, he really is an impressive rebounder for a wing.

He didn't have the best shooting performance in his two games, connecting on 2-of-7 from deep but he did connect on 43-percent of his 3.4 attempts a game this season.

Reaction Score

very much so onto the NBA radar. Even if he doesn't get drafted, that might work out better as I think he can choose which to team to try out for (someone feel free to correct me on that). I think he is a good candidate for 10-day contract and if he decides to play in Europe it will be one of the higher level leagues where he will be getting 6-figures.

I couldn't be more pleased for his success.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of the year we trapped mercilessly whenever we could force the ball to the corner as it reached half court. And then the next year, it was almost never employed. Can't remember which reported asked him what happened to the trapping defense, and he just said 'the rest of the league figured out how to avoid it.'
True. They got the ball to the middle.

Reaction Score
Tyrese Martin | UConn | SF | 6'6.75" in shoes, 215lbs, 6'8" wingspan

Game 2 Stats: 13 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal (5-9 FGs, 1-2 from three)

Martin didn't have the greatest first day of the combine but he left it all out on the floor on Tuesday and it paid off with an invite to the Combine. He's a strong, sturdy and fast wing who was exceptional rebounding the basketball, earning his way to a double-double.

Martin is an impressive athlete at his size, measuring a 39-inch max vertical jump and with his nose for the basketball, he really is an impressive rebounder for a wing.

He didn't have the best shooting performance in his two games, connecting on 2-of-7 from deep but he did connect on 43-percent of his 3.4 attempts a game this season.

The key for Tyres is semi respectable shooting. He checks other boxes but he needs to demonstrate a minimal level of competency in that area to be considered.

Reaction Score
Yea just go to the Heat undrafted and he'll probably be starting on an ECF team in 3 years.
There are so many players with 2 ways and the G league is rising a bit . A 2 way deal as a free agent is the new way teams are gonna build.

Those 2nd rounders are gonna be euros. The UDFAs are gonna end up being how you round out your roster.

Reaction Score
Tough news for the people in here that say "Danny doesn't develop guys". Happy for Rese and also great for the UConn program.
Tyrese definitely developed his game while at UConn. The one recent write up that I read spoke very highly of him in all aspects with the possible exception of shooting, yet he even shot a very good percentage from outside last year.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Could see him developing into a Grant Williams type player on a good team.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Not particularly - but similar body types. Rese more athletic & based on stats, seems to be a much better shooter coming out of school.

Reaction Score
He can carve out a Matt Barnes type of role. physical 3 and D guard

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Could see him developing into a Grant Williams type player on a good team.
Williams was the SEC Player of the Year twice. A pretty good college player.
He's not built quite like Grant Williams. But he can be a very useful guy off the bench. The key for Tyrese is strength, athleticism (39 inch vertical is elite) and shooting. At his size he can handle 3-4 positions on the defensive end, which makes him really versatile and more valuable. His focus should be on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom