For young Mr. Abu: compare TV schedules between UConn and NC State | The Boneyard

For young Mr. Abu: compare TV schedules between UConn and NC State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Don't forget that your local/regional games are Broadcast through SNY to over 15MM people throughout the tri-state area. That is crazy exposure for a regional broadcast. Not many, if any, programs in the country offer that amount of exposure for a local game. NC State doesn't even come close!

Reaction Score
Hate to invoke the name of a fan from a state where coaches eat spaghetti with assistant coaches then clear the table for the assistants' wives, so I won't. But someone on here last week mentioned that UConn would be shunted off the face of the earth now that it was in the AAC. And here we see an ACC team that was ranked #6 to start the year last year, a team with 2 national championships in the last 30 years, getting the backhand treatment from the national TV bigs.

Reaction Score
Good point, but how many times is PeeCee on that list:)NOT!!
You are correct. Providence will probably not be on ESPN and CBS often (if at all) this year, but so far we know that they will be on the FOX 1 New Years Eve Marathon and since there are only 10 Big East teams, I am sure there will be quite a few FOX broadcast games. The real interesting question is who is on National TV next year and beyond. Both the Big East and AAC are in flux regarding the kind of exposure each league will have.

Reaction Score
You are correct. Providence will probably not be on ESPN and CBS often (if at all) this year, but so far we know that they will be on the FOX 1 New Years Eve Marathon and since there are only 10 Big East teams, I am sure there will be quite a few FOX broadcast games. The real interesting question is who is on National TV next year and beyond. Both the Big East and AAC are in flux regarding the kind of exposure each league will have.

Good point but wherever UConn is they will be on national TV because of their aggressive OOC schedule and the fact of who they are.......conference affiliation will not matter for the Huskies!

Reaction Score

Uh, no. The AAC is not in flux. The AAC has a new deal, and this is what it looks like. There's no flux at all. UConn will continue to be featured.

Reaction Score
mau and upstater are correct. With this new TV contract every AAC conference game will be on national TV. OOC games are looked at on a case by case basis, but you can bet your $$ that UCONN will have some nice one's like the 3 games in NYC this season, plus the new series' with FL and Stanford and a series with Kansas being worked on for next year.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
And yet NCSU is getting 10x the cash. I am so happy that we could shore up ESPN's bottom line like that.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

I think the Paradise Jam is on CBS Sports or some other smaller provider. Last year I couldn't get the games against WF and NM so I had to watch them through the internet in French...

Reaction Score
Correct.

CBS Sports Network has the Paradise Jam deal. Their logo is all over the bracket sheet on their website. And yes, it was really frustrating not being able to watch those games last season.

Reaction Score
Correct.

CBS Sports Network has the Paradise Jam deal. Their logo is all over the bracket sheet on their website. And yes, it was really frustrating not being able to watch those games last season.

And those of us who were lucky enough to watch those games were treated to a 10 minute in-depth analysis of Florida State football practices while Uconn was mounting a second half comeback in the championship game.

Reaction Score
And those of us who were lucky enough to watch those games were treated to a 10 minute in-depth analysis of Florida State football practices while Uconn was mounting a second half comeback in the championship game.
Don't forget the delay due to the dirt racing prior to the championship game, too. Nice priorities, CBSSN.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

I think those 2 games were the worst live broadcasts of anything sports-related I've ever seen in my life.

Reaction Score

It would be incredible if Kentucky-Providence were on CBS. The game is at 8 pm on a Sunday night.

I can't imagine UK-Providence bumping the primetime lineup, especially in the heart of the NFL race (NBC will have a game with playoff implications that night).

I don't think we're using the word exposure right. In this day and age, even families with a kid playing at Tulane should not fret about getting to watch a kid play. At least half of the games will be available out of region. It's a question of catching the casual fan so that a player's exposure rises. I find myself watching ESPN or ESPN2 by default quite often. If my team is on SNY, I won't watch ESPN at all. But if my team isn't playing, I'll tune to ESPN to watch Missouri versus Arkansas rather than FS1 or CBSN to watch similarly random teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom