Florida transfer Noah Locke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida transfer Noah Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Maybe you should ask yourself that question
Didn’t check his 3 point numbers beforehand and just saw he was another guard. I’m just concerned about making sure we’re getting the most out of the guys we actually recruit is instead of constantly bringing in guys to play over them is all.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Gonna be honest, Gaff and Cole don't deserve to walk in to 20+ mpg next year.

Cole proved more worthy and useful than Gaff but I have no problem over recruiting over either and opening up competition.
I know Gaffney has been inconsistent but there’s been times where he’s shown he can be one of our best players and I’d like for us to get there with him. He has the tools. We have a backup guard already in Diggins. I just don’t see the need for another smaller guard to throw in the mix to mess with chemistry. Gaffney is about to be a junior so if not trust him then, than when?

Reaction Score
I know Gaffney has been inconsistent but there’s been times where he’s shown he can be one of our best players and I’d like for us to get there with him. He has the tools. We have a backup guard already in Diggins. I just don’t see the need for another smaller guard to throw in the mix to mess with chemistry. Gaffney is about to be a junior so if not trust him then, than when?

Winning=chemistry
Good shooting = winning

Reaction Score
Because he is a 40+% volume 3 point shooter. Do you not want us to upgrade talent so we don't hurt someone's feelings?

Also, he's a 2/3. He isn't really overlapping with Diggins or Cole much.

If anything hs's taking minutes from Gaff and Hawkins.
Get him and hurt feeling. Who cares ?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Too much stupid. You recruit over recruits you hinder your ability to get recruits. You fail to play the guys who earn the minutes you lose recruits. These guys know it’s a competition. They want it to be a fair one. This is a non problem. Gaff is a Junior next year. If he can’t beat out a freshman, that’s on him. These kids recognize a transcendent talent. Zion Williamson shows up and nobody complains. Play the guys who earn it.

Reaction Score
Sell me. I'm not as intrigued as I guess I should be. I'm watching video trying to like him because he's a 40% 3 point shooter that fills such a need for us. On the other hand, he is 6'3 rather than the 6'5 type of shooter that I think would help more. He doesn't look great driving to the basket, and, according to a couple Florida articles I just read, he's looking for a team where he can be more ball dominate, which doesn't seem to me a good fit. He is one of 3 starters leaving a program where he is playing 30 minutes a game and would be expected to have more playing time available next year at Florida, than he could expect any place else. That just seems odd to me. I'm also skeptical of Florida players in general because as a team I feel they have underachieved vs their talent. Help me be enthused

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Probably in one of the seven Syracuse threads you started
Still having trouble with pronouns, and trying to project your own embarrassment onto others?

Point me to even a single Syracuse thread that I've ever started, and I'll give you a cookie.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Sell me. I'm not as intrigued as I guess I should be. I'm watching video trying to like him because he's a 40% 3 point shooter that fills such a need for us. On the other hand, he is 6'3 rather than the 6'5 type of shooter that I think would help more. He doesn't look great driving to the basket, and, according to a couple Florida articles I just read, he's looking for a team where he can be more ball dominate, which doesn't seem to me a good fit. He is one of 3 starters leaving a program where he is playing 30 minutes a game and would be expected to have more playing time available next year at Florida, than he could expect any place else. That just seems odd to me. I'm also skeptical of Florida players in general because as a team I feel they have underachieved vs their talent. Help me be enthused
I don’t think about any of these guys until they take the floor in a UConn uniform.

Reaction Score
Locke can shoot.

1617369629477.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

And that is the definition of an upperclassman who is a key bench contributor.

Reaction Score
"More ball dominant" doesn't mean totally ball dominant. He was assisted on 95% of his 3's last year, which is a pretty insanely high percentage. We think of Polley as the consummate catch and shoot 3 guy, but even he was only assisted on 84%. Florida's offense just planted him in the corner or the wing for kickouts. He only got 6% of his shots at the rim last year (again Polley was at 11%), although this is partly because he likes to pull up for floaters.

Either way, I would read that as he wants to round out his game more than he wants to be "the guy" or whatever. He's not walking into Bouk's usage rate. But as a senior with tons of high major experience he should have a level of polish we wouldn't find in a lot of places and definitely not in a freshman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom