OT: - Florida State to sue ACC over GOR | Page 68 | The Boneyard

OT: Florida State to sue ACC over GOR

Reaction Score
Maybe they have the UConn syndrome. Too much of your time + energy focused on realignment. Its takes away from the actual day to day concentration + productivity of the current football games.

Reaction Score
I think Clemson and FSU getting thumped was a good thing. The Big 12 has no future options for expansion besides UConn, and the ACC has a legitimate threat of another conference to eventually grab UConn. I don't think the ACC will ever come for us, but this at least shuffles the deck a little.
It’s not a question of good when the ratings for your games are typically double even some of the middle and lower level schools .
Those lack of ratings drag down the entire compensation for the conference
They understand they can’t compete long term making 50% of the money if even lesser programs in the SEC and B1G
This is exactly the problem faced by
Texas , and USC . who didn’t have a GOR but mostly importantly it’s the situation faced by us
UConn should understand this completely as the being a ratings and success leader may give you a warm fuzzy feeling but will ultimately doom you . Success is expensive continued success requires substantial reinvestment

Reaction Score
It’s not a question of good when the ratings for your games are typically double even some of the middle and lower level schools .
Those lack of ratings drag down the entire compensation for the conference
They understand they can’t compete long term making 50% of the money if even lesser programs in the SEC and B1G
This is exactly the problem faced by
Texas , and USC . who didn’t have a GOR but mostly importantly it’s the situation faced by us
UConn should understand this completely as the being a ratings and success leader may give you a warm fuzzy feeling but will ultimately doom you . Success is expensive continued success requires substantial reinvestment
I think just like they are waiting for us to wilt on the vine, the SEC and Big can wait for FSU to wilt. And they will as their resources are not P2. Or maybe Florida can add an FSU tax to fund them and keep them competitive with the big boys

Reaction Score
I know that FSU football is considered a ‘brand’, but they have to be careful. The ‘brand’ can wear off if they go too long with out being relevant.

Nebraska used to be a ‘brand’, they are fortunate to be in the Big 10, but they aren’t nearly as relevant as they used to be.

I’m glad to see FSU struggle. They are a team that I will hate watch when the chance arises.

Reaction Score
I know that FSU football is considered a ‘brand’, but they have to be careful. The ‘brand’ can wear off if they go too long with out being relevant.

Nebraska used to be a ‘brand’, they are fortunate to be in the Big 10, but they aren’t nearly as relevant as they used to be.

I’m glad to see FSU struggle. They are a team that I will hate watch when the chance arises.
Just because of Billybud's backhanded comments?

Reaction Score
Just because of Billybud's backhanded comments?
Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
I think just like they are waiting for us to wilt on the vine, the SEC and Big can wait for FSU to wilt. And they will as their resources are not P2. Or maybe Florida can add an FSU tax to fund them and keep them competitive with the big boy
FSU is part of the reason that UConn is not in the ACC. Hated them ever since.

Billybud has double blocked me. I don’t miss him.
If Billy is in Asheville he could be in serious trouble
Has he posted , I’m hearing Apocalyptic type of damage in the Smokies

Reaction Score
Has he posted , I’m hearing Apocalyptic type of damage in the Smokies
Have not seen @billybud post of late, but recall him saying he lives in or near Asheville (so, Blue Ridge mountains). Some areas of eastern Tennessee in the Smokies are also impacted, but not quite as severe as the smaller region of TN in the Blue Ridge mountains.

For once, sure hope to see billybud post. Unfortunately, power, communications, etc remain out in many areas (say friends in and nearby and relatives of friends who managed to make contact or evacuate).

Reaction Score
I’m sure billybud is fine. I just returned from 10 days at my place in Tallahassee, the mood is not good. They were dealing with the threat of a catastrophic hurricane and a catastrophic football season. I confidently told my brother in law (huge FSU fan) that UConn would give FSU a thorough and dirty back door pounding. He watched the Buffalo game with me and concurred. FSU fans are feeling really insecure.

Reaction Score
Have had no phones in the county. Wi fi is available in select places that have made their’s available. Cash only at grocery and in the gas lines. We are good. Blessed. Our one road down mountain was blocked. Volunteers with chain saws and a bobcat cleared it. Life is good. We were so worried about our son. He lives aboard his boat on the hook in St Pete bay. We finally connected. He is safe. Most of his neighbors were blown into shore. He got his anchoring right and the boat survived.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Have had no phones in the county. Wi fi is available in select places that have made their’s available. Cash only at grocery and in the gas lines. We are good. Blessed. Our one road down mountain was blocked. Volunteers with chain saws and a bobcat cleared it. Life is good. We were so worried about our son. He lives aboard his boat on the hook in St Pete bay. We finally connected. He is safe. Most of his neighbors were blown into shore. He got his anchoring right and the boat survived.

Great to here. Seriously.

Just to catch you up.....

FSU still sucks and got clubbed by SMU. And they're still in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Yeah the Noles do suck this year. And I see that UConn is still talking to conferences. Nothing much has changed.
I hope the Gators destroy your Seminoles! I will be here everyday to rub it in when it happens! And before I was a UConn Fan I was a Gators Fan having gone to HS in FL. - St Thomas Aquinas - you might have heard of it! And I will root for the Gators or anybody that plays FSU! I still have that animosity over FSU. So 2 reasons to HATE ON FSU - 1) UConn - Huskies! we don't play you and Your School doesn't respect UConn. 2) UF - Gators - they do play you and you know that rivalry!

Reaction Score
FSU fans have a long history of tapping out when things go south. All hat and no cattle.
Long time FSU fan... They do have a long history of being highly touted, lose a game or two early, and then mail it in the rest of the way. Some teams do this occasionally, but as noted, that's the way this team consistently goes and has for a while. Fun to watch when they're rolling, but they have no stomach for adversity. Since they're so consistent, I think it's understandable why the fans tap out early. When they're 'in it', it's appointment viewing, this year...I'd rather mow the lawn.

Their coach looks like the Tampa Bay Rays manager, Kevin Cash. The Rays didn't have a good year, but wouldn't mind a swap...would benefit the Noles AND Sox....2 for 1. Actually, the Noles are kinda like the Red Sox...enough cachet and cash to go from worst to first one year to the next. So, no real reason for fans to hang around for an individual season of suck.

Reaction Score
Long time FSU fan... They do have a long history of being highly touted, lose a game or two early, and then mail it in the rest of the way. Some teams do this occasionally, but as noted, that's the way this team consistently goes and has for a while. Fun to watch when they're rolling, but they have no stomach for adversity. Since they're so consistent, I think it's understandable why the fans tap out early. When they're 'in it', it's appointment viewing, this year...I'd rather mow the lawn.

Their coach looks like the Tampa Bay Rays manager, Kevin Cash. The Rays didn't have a good year, but wouldn't mind a swap...would benefit the Noles AND Sox....2 for 1. Actually, the Noles are kinda like the Red Sox...enough cachet and cash to go from worst to first one year to the next. So, no real reason for fans to hang around for an individual season of suck.
Screw FSU

Reaction Score

Well, if nothing else, that's an honest post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom