OT: - Florida State to sue ACC over GOR | Page 69 | The Boneyard

OT: Florida State to sue ACC over GOR

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Long time FSU fan... They do have a long history of being highly touted, lose a game or two early, and then mail it in the rest of the way. Some teams do this occasionally, but as noted, that's the way this team consistently goes and has for a while. Fun to watch when they're rolling, but they have no stomach for adversity.
I learned that on Reddit.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I satt to through the Perno years. Guess he is not a real fan
The Perno years perhaps weren't as bad as we like to remember them. We had some great players. Thompson, McKay, and Alexisinas was one heck of a front court. We were a top 20 team, which was a big deal. I think the biggest knock against Dom is that after securing that much talent, he couldn't produce a more successful team.

My dad actually liked Perno and thought he should've gotten more time. Given who Dom's replacement was, my dad was obviously wrong, something I used to tease him about from time to time.

Reaction Score
Will be an easy season for them. No angst about the CFP. Hell….they won’t have to worry about any bowl.
I can see them finishing 5-7, which might get them into a bowl if there aren't enough 6 win teams. I don't know if they would accept an invite at 5-7. Also, after what they did last year, I'm not sure any bowl would want them.

Reaction Score
The Perno years perhaps weren't as bad as we like to remember them. We had some great players. Thompson, McKay, and Alexisinas was one heck of a front court. We were a top 20 team, which was a big deal. I think the biggest knock against Dom is that after securing that much talent, he couldn't produce a more successful team.

My dad actually liked Perno and thought he should've gotten more time. Given who Dom's replacement was, my dad was obviously wrong, something I used to tease him about from time to time.
I always said Boeheim was a Perno with talent. Just my opinion. I understand what you are saying

Reaction Score
Long time FSU fan... They do have a long history of being highly touted, lose a game or two early, and then mail it in the rest of the way. Some teams do this occasionally, but as noted, that's the way this team consistently goes and has for a while. Fun to watch when they're rolling, but they have no stomach for adversity. Since they're so consistent, I think it's understandable why the fans tap out early. When they're 'in it', it's appointment viewing, this year...I'd rather mow the lawn.

Their coach looks like the Tampa Bay Rays manager, Kevin Cash. The Rays didn't have a good year, but wouldn't mind a swap...would benefit the Noles AND Sox....2 for 1. Actually, the Noles are kinda like the Red Sox...enough cachet and cash to go from worst to first one year to the next. So, no real reason for fans to hang around for an individual season of suck.
FSU has blocked UConn from the ACC multiple times. They are not friends of UConn, and they are way too arrogant for most people.

Reaction Score
One thing about this season of Seminole suck...you get to (possibly) see the Royals knock off the yankees...and not worry that you're missing anything

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I always said Boeheim was a Perno with talent. Just my opinion. I understand what you are saying
Perno was a nice guy . A Ct HS and UConn legend .
He was an adequate coach until the Big East exploded.as teams like GT , Syracuse ,Nova , Pitt , St Johns , Seton Hall added talent he was exposed . We were never the DePaul type non competitive., it was those games that we could have won that we somehow figured out a way to lose.that drove us fans crazy .
Firing him was difficult and the state HS coaches were angry.and gave JC a hard time at first . It was suppose to difficult for him to get a top CT kid . Perno had recruited Ct decently, Hanson , Thompson , McKay .
Abro ,, Alex. ,Kelly. were all local . The NIT changed the perception of what UConn basketball could be.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Perno had a team good enough to drill Pat Ewing and Georgetown on their campus. He then coached that team to losses in 7 out of their last 8 games. He should have been fired then. Instead, he got 4 more years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom