Florida 84 Tenn 59 final | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Florida 84 Tenn 59 final

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tennessee IMHO is a bit of a paper tiger. They won a pair of games early on that they easily could/should have lost. Against Texas, they were down 10 in Q4, Texas imploded a bit, and Tenn won in OT. They beat USF by 3, but again, had to mount a furious comeback.

Yes they won all of their games before and after Stanford, but so many of them were close nail biters that they managed to pull out. But they had wins over ranked USF, Texas and Georgia. Can't argue with their resume of impressive wins. The problem is that Auburn is a dreadful loss, and getting demolished by Florida is not much better. They probably would have lost to Arkansas if not for the injury to Daniels.

I think they were playing over their heads for much of the season - but maybe other teams are finally hitting their stride, while Tenn hit theirs early on and aren't improving as much as other teams are.

We will see how the teams fare on Sunday. UCONN is nowhere near 100%. Who knows if Dorka will be back. It will only be Azzi's 3rd game. Paige is still out. I like our chances and hope Tenn continues to play like they did against Auburn, Arkansas, and now Florida.

It's been a real treat visiting their board lately. They were giddy and nasty when SC cancelled their game against UCONN commenting that we'd have been slaughtered. Now the shoe is on the other foot and they are imploding. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
What’s going on with Tennessee. Well something to brag to my Vol Twitter enemies

Reaction Score
It's been a real treat visiting their board lately. They were giddy and nasty when SC cancelled their game against UCONN commenting that we'd have been slaughtered. Now the shoe is on the other foot and they are imploding. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. :rolleyes:
I was just coming online to say how the other board, and I was going to use the same exact word, was imploding. It is absolutely insane to see how much of a meltdown that they are having. They are calling for Kelly’s head. Well, that did not take very long.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
There must be something more than a backup player getting hurt; maybe someone else is hurt, but still playing.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Tennessee IMHO is a bit of a paper tiger. They won a pair of games early on that they easily could/should have lost. Against Texas, they were down 10 in Q4, Texas imploded a bit, and Tenn won in OT. They beat USF by 3, but again, had to mount a furious comeback.
Yeah, kind of sounds like UConn’s season.

I‘m hoping Aaliyah’s reappearance and a healthy Dorka will help with the rebounding. Most of all, I hope the team was able to get some rest after flying out to Nebraska because the Tennessee game will be UConn’s fourth in 8 days, the first two being road trips. Thank goodness tonight’s game and Sunday’s are in-state.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Hmmm and a question

Hmmm: I just googled [Florida women basketball score Tenn] and they have the LadyVol record
as 19-4. They have lost to Stanford/Auburn and Florida...that makes 3. Is someone predicting the result on Sunday?

Question: I have seen the Sunday time as 4:00 and as noon. What time is gametime? It is on Fox ...correct?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hmmm and a question

Hmmm: I just googled [Florida women basketball score Tenn] and they have the LadyVol record
as 19-4. They have lost to Stanford/Auburn and Florida...that makes 3. Is someone predicting the result on Sunday?

Question: I have seen the Sunday time as 4:00 and as noon. What time is gametime? It is on Fox ...correct?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Just loving this beat down on Tennessee..
Not unlike UCONN losing Paige, Tennessee has been struggling after the injury to Tamari Key. Not unlike UCONN, Tennessee is struggling. What does it say about all the glee at someone else's issues? What will it say about UCONN, if they lose to TENN?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not unlike UCONN losing Paige, Tennessee has been struggling after the injury to Tamari Key. Not unlike UCONN, Tennessee is struggling. What does it say about all the glee at someone else's issues? What will it say about UCONN, if they lose to TENN?
Not Tamari Key, their starting center who is healthy. I am guessing their backup center Keyen Green who is thought of as an emotional leader? Their loss by 25 points was not because of 1 backup player. Paige's case is very very different. On the other hand, Burrell earlier in the season was theoretically a big loss but it did not seem to make that much of a difference on the court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tamari Key?? She did play against Florida: 26 minutes, 8 rebounds, 8 points.

Reaction Score
I'll celebrate after we beat TN. Tennessee's biggest problem right now is ...chemistry. The fans will tell you it's the loss of Green, but I'm not buying it. Before I believe ratings, rankings, polls...whatever you want to call it...I believe my eyes.

Since Rae returned...they have digressed. Not saying it's her fault, but it's related. My eyes tell me she and Horston are in a pssing match. There's a struggle over the ball on offense, most notably since Rae's best game at Arkansas. She wants her crown back. Problem is...Horston thinks it looks better on her. She's on the Wooden Awards list...scored 5 points and had 3 rebounds against an unranked team. She took 2 fewer shots than Rae.

In the game last night...in the first qtr, they never pass to one another, never speak to one another and both turn the ball over multiple times pressing on offense. Harper yanked both...Rae first. Rae was clearly frustrated and was out of control. Harper mostly communicates with Horston on what to run on the floor..telling me Harper sees Horston and not Rae as her extension. Rae must be thinking about her draft stock and can't be happy.

I don't think Rae is 100% and returned too early.

Reaction Score
Not Tamari Key, their starting center who is healthy. I am guessing their backup center Keyen Green who is thought of as an emotional leader? Their loss by 25 points was not because of 1 backup player. Paige's case is very very different. On the other hand, Burrell earlier in the season was theoretically a big loss but it did not seem to make that much of a difference on the court.
A couple of Tennessee fans posited the teams fortunes with Burrell's playing.
When she was lost, due to injury, the team responded and played quite well, and for an extended period of time. Their level of play seems to have fallen with Burrell's return to the lineup. It could be coincidence (correlation is not causation), or it could be a problem in refitting Burrell into the lineup.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'll celebrate after we beat TN. Tennessee's biggest problem right now is ...chemistry. The fans will tell you it's the loss of Green, but I'm not buying it. Before I believe ratings, rankings, polls...whatever you want to call it...I believe my eyes.

Since Rae returned...they have digressed. Not saying it's her fault, but it's related. My eyes tell me she and Horston are in a pssing match. There's a struggle over the ball on offense, most notably since Rae's best game at Arkansas. She wants her crown back. Problem is...Horston thinks it looks better on her. She's on the Wooden Awards list...scored 5 points and had 3 rebounds against an unranked team. She took 2 fewer shots than Rae.

In the game last night...in the first qtr, they never pass to one another, never speak to one another and both turn the ball over multiple times pressing on offense. Harper yanked both...Rae first. Rae was clearly frustrated and was out of control. Harper mostly communicates with Horston on what to run on the floor..telling me Harper sees Horston and not Rae as her extension. Rae must be thinking about her draft stock and can't be happy.

I don't think Rae is 100% and returned too early.
Can't Horston and Burell just split their duties and do what they do best

Horston T/Os, bad decisions, missing 3pt shots
Burrell Everything else.

I feel dirty now. :oops::oops:

Reaction Score

Per the Vol board, Key is playing injured.

Reaction Score
Have watched Tenn play several times this year and teams with a transition game seem to do well against them. Key's rebounding vital but lately she has seemed like she was playing at 80% speed. Don't know why but hope the Auburn and Florida losses, coupled with the UConn name, do not wake her or Tenn up. She has played a role their comebacks against Top20 teams. Teams appear evenly matched.

Reaction Score
Can't Horston and Burell just split their duties and do what they do best

Horston T/Os, bad decisions, missing 3pt shots
Burrell Everything else.

I feel dirty now. :oops::oops:
This cleanup starts with Harper. She better sit them both down...in the same room. SOON.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I love reading Volnation at times like this.
It's so very entertaining.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
excited-seinfeld.gif
Hey, that was my reaction. :D

Reaction Score
I didn't watch but this was an unexpected beatdown. Florida seems to be playing the best they have in years and keep knocking off some solid teams. The games I watched with UT earlier this year showed a team that still had weaknesses but seemed to find ways to cover for them through relentless rebounding, strong defense, and was starting to have some swagger back. After losing 2 out of 3 games to weaker SEC teams they are likely on their heels.

Sunday should be a good game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom