Florida 84 Tenn 59 final | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Florida 84 Tenn 59 final

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
TN has shot poorly all season, but make up for it with a significant rebounding edge (usually against much shorter teams). In this game they were out rebounded and lost badly. Let's hope we rebound better than usual on Sunday.

Reaction Score
I just read in a Florida newspaper : Kudos to Florida's High pressure
defense, also offensively Florida shot 64.3 % in the first quarter,
9 of the Tennessee TOs were steals by Florida. Florida
had 24 fast break points. Tennessee got very few "second
chance" points = they had some rebounds, but didn't convert.
So... a 25 point loss ( in Florida) coming on a 10 point
loss to Auburn. Head Coach Kelly Harper said " a good team is
suppose to learn from a loss...... I guess we didn't learn".
The Tennessee team is doing worse ?? since the return of Horston??

Reaction Score
Sometimes teams just don't get better.
Think how our society always (can't think of an exception- Tour de France?) values the team that is best at the end of the year. Doesn't have to be that way. May not even mean you're the best that year.
When I coach, I grade myself on 3 basic factors: Did we get better, did we win games we should have won- consistency, and did we beat anybody we shouldn't have beat. Never got all 3.

Reaction Score
UF 84 - UT 59; MOV: 25 over the #7 Tennessee Lady Vols. However, UT is still 2nd in the SEC, but the Gators move into a three-way tie with LSU and Ole' Miss....

I like UCONN's chances on Sunday (and Friday as well vs. Butler)....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It was angst before... the tone has changed in the past few weeks.
Nah, disbelief, maybe, but angst? Not so much.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if that loss is a good thing or a bad thing for UConn...............is Tennesse going to be totally lacking in confidence or really angry and out for Husky?..............I'm still taking Tennesse seriously because the team I've seen up until recently has played really well coming from behind on a number of occasions against pretty decent competition............I'm all in favor of a serious beat down but I'm doubtful that will be the case....
As a Tennessee fan, I can reassure you...UConn has nothing to worry about. Three games in a row, and I really have nothing good to say about how the Lady Vols are playing. Maybe UConn hasn't been great either, but at least you look cohesive.

I know that I was predicting a close Tennessee win previously, but I'd be shocked if they stayed within 10 pts of the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Hmmm...what happened. Florida played with intensity and came to win. I don't think Tennessee overlooked them...FL has been a dangerous team for the last month. But there was the usual turnovers and then quite a few bad shots and forced plays. Also, Tennessee's defense and rebounding was just not there. FL did a good job moving the ball until they got open looks (and made them).

Bad day at the office, and I fear this isn't the end of it. Chemistry just isn't there right now.

Reaction Score
Florida FG % 53.2 U of Tenn 37.5 %
for TENN T Key 8 points
R. Burell 9 points
Horston 5 points
for Florida Kiara Smith 25 points
Did anyone see the game?? What happened??
Good D? Florida too quick for them??
Florida is a good team. SC was up on them by 28 late in the 3rd but they continue to play hard and only loss by 12. Tennessee as usual turned the ball over a lot and Florida capitalized on the majority of the turnovers. In my opinion Fla backcourt might be the best in the SEC and that is including SC.

Reaction Score
As one of their fans just posted, yes, Tennessee did turn the ball over constantly in the first half (13).
But they only had 5 turnovers after halftime and still allowed Florida to score 48 points in the second half.

Reaction Score
is it a good thing that Uconn is gonna get a pissed off Tenn team on Sunday?

Reaction Score
Tennessee is not a great shooting team. If you neutralize them on the backboard and Tennessee turn the ball over like they usually do your chances of winning is good.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Really bad loss for Tennessee. They've been trending downward the last few games, their issues have been mostly on the defensive end. Prior to the Auburn loss, Tennessee had kept every opponent to 70 or under besides Stanford (74 points given up), but the last 3 games they've given up 71, 83, and 84 points. I think they'll come out a lot more focused on Sunday but it is concerning going forward.

Reaction Score
What's wrong with them? They played like they lost they core player(s).

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As a Tennessee fan, I can reassure you...UConn has nothing to worry about. Three games in a row, and I really have nothing good to say about how the Lady Vols are playing. Maybe UConn hasn't been great either, but at least you look cohesive.

I know that I was predicting a close Tennessee win previously, but I'd be shocked if they stayed within 10 pts of the Huskies.

Wait until you see UConn's rebounding issues.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
Their fans have enjoyed UConn’s two losses to unranked teams, now they’re in the same boat. Only difference is that the teams that beat UConn are currently ranked and likely will be to close out the season.
I understand, but as an diehard UConn WBB fan, a loss is a loss, whether it's by 20 or by 1, ranked or not, it's just a punch to the gut tht you never get used too.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I admired the Florida's kids athleticism, speed and BB ability
Sure wouldn't want to meet them in a 2nd round.
Fine team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom