FIU Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

FIU Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me ... seriously, why do opponents live in our backfield? Is it something with the strength/size of our OLine, other teams stack the box, is our OLine (outside of Haynes) not built at an FBS level, that our non-run plays take too long to develop or do we have the QB roll out of the box too much, seriously what is it that makes it so easy for opponents to get to our QB or even RBs in the backfield?
We have a solid o-line… two things one we have an undersized center… two teams are literally stacking the box and one more… we are playing with smaller backs

Reaction Score
I just don’t understand how the defense plays like they did in that 1st half and then goes out and plays a pretty good 2nd. Too little too late with our pathetic offense.

Completely took the crowd out of the game.

We’ll be lucky to get 10k for the Duke game. Which is probably for the best since it’s gonna be a bloodbath.

Stunned at what we are

Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me ... seriously, why do opponents live in our backfield? Is it something with the strength/size of our OLine, other teams stack the box, is our OLine (outside of Haynes) not built at an FBS level, that our non-run plays take too long to develop or do we have the QB roll out of the box too much, seriously what is it that makes it so easy for opponents to get to our QB or even RBs in the bacWe never throw deep. At least once a quarter you gotta throw deep just to keep the defense back on its heels a little bit. A deep sideline throw or a deep post route
It doesn’t help that we never throw deep. At least once a quarter you have to throw a deep sideline or a deep post route just to stretch the defense out and keep them honest. Instead you get 9 or 10 defenders setting up a tent within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage on every play.
And if you don’t think you can block long enough for a deep throw then roll out and do it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Can someone explain to me ... seriously, why do opponents live in our backfield? Is it something with the strength/size of our OLine, other teams stack the box, is our OLine (outside of Haynes) not built at an FBS level, that our non-run plays take too long to develop or do we have the QB roll out of the box too much, seriously what is it that makes it so easy for opponents to get to our QB or even RBs in the backfield?

QBs hold on to the ball too long. Either they just aren't ready to anticipate the receiver coming open or the receiver isn't coming open. I think it's mostly the former. When they take 3-5 steps and throw it we do OK. When they are acanning the field waiting for a busted coverage they get pressured.

I think it's that simple.

Reaction Score
Probably not in the next couple years but the pathway is there

Yup. Because guess what? We don’t have a conference. There’s nothing at all holding the admin back from dropping an independent football team now. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - the AAC at least gave us a home and safety net with a few million a year and guaranteed scheduling. This was all a ploy to elevate our basketball program at the cost of football and guess what? It worked.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I feel like we’re on the Island of Misfit Toys. Another bad year …

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
I was encouraged by the defense in the second half and generally what they look like after the offense gives them some time on the sideline. Beyond that not much to be pleased by. Let’s see Turner and a new OC

Reaction Score
I couldn't watch, was it any different than the last 2 weeks in terms of showing signs of life or are we just bad now?

Reaction Score
This is the end of UConn football. I’m calling it now. We couldn’t afford another <3 win season and here it is on a platter. there’s literally no hope because we physically don’t have the talent to compete at this level. Mora is a failure.

And the worst part is we don’t get a second chance. You can’t hype up the program like this and then go 3-9. It’s over guys. Nice knowing y’all.
The end of UCONN football was when the program went independent. Not because of this game.

Reaction Score
t
The end of UCONN football was when the program went independent. Not because of this game.
That’s exactly what I said in a previous post. Everyone here keeps saying the AAC was ruining our program but the opposite was true. It was keeping us on life support with a steady paycheck and guaranteed scheduling. Now there’s literally nothing keeping the admin from dropping the program. Which I bet makes a lot of really dumb BB only fans happ.

Reaction Score
He’s nothing like the three previous coaches…I believe him when he says he’s going to get this team competitive
If it can't be done with mora it can't be done

I'm not saying pack it in. Just the opposite. Play the long game. Relax.

Reaction Score
He’s nothing like the three previous coaches…I believe him when he says he’s going to get this team competitive
I’ll believe it when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01