FIU Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

FIU Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not an attractive program for a good player. For the most part the players are the ones the decent programs don't take
There's the rub. If this was an exciting offense, we'd still be able to recruit decently as it would be fun - guys could put up numbers and then xfer out for better opportunities if they existed. But with this offense, nobody with any decent options is gonna want to play in it.

If UConn keeps putting D guys into the NFL, defensive recruiting will likely still be OK.

Reaction Score
t

That’s exactly what I said in a previous post. Everyone here keeps saying the AAC was ruining our program but the opposite was true. It was keeping us on life support with a steady paycheck and guaranteed scheduling. Now there’s literally nothing keeping the admin from dropping the program. Which I bet makes a lot of really dumb BB only fans happ.
My guy, take a deep breath, go outside and stop posting. You're grasping at straws trying to find a reason for us being bad. The reality is that we are just a badly coached team. We make way too many mistakes and our talent is not at the level where it can bail us out. If Mora is really him, there needs to be significant improvement the rest of the season or he'll be in the hot seat next year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I really don’t even understand how this team can be this bad. It makes no sense to me. Why could FIUs true freshman QB execute a passing offense but ours can‘t? Who cants we tackle? It’s truly bizarre.

Reaction Score
I really don’t even understand how this team can be this bad. It makes no sense to me. Why could FIUs true freshman QB execute a passing offense but ours can‘t? Who cants we tackle? It’s truly bizarre.
I’ll never understand how all these schools — no matter who we play — have all these players capable of playing at a decent level. Or at least playing at a level above us to win. It should not be possible and yet it always happens.

Reaction Score
My guy, take a deep breath, go outside and stop posting. You're grasping at straws trying to find a reason for us being bad. The reality is that we are just a badly coached team. We make way too many mistakes and our talent is not at the level where it can bail us out. If Mora is really him, there needs to be significant improvement the rest of the season or he'll be in the hot seat next year.

Why are we a badly coached team?
Why is our talent level poor?

Reaction Score
We have recruiting class after recruiting class ranked in the 100s. We are smaller and slower. No one is going to X and O us to winning seasons consistently unless we bring in better players. If we can’t improve recruiting, we shouldn’t be doing this anymore.

Reaction Score
I’ll never understand how all these schools — no matter who we play — have all these players capable of playing at a decent level. Or at least playing at a level above us to win. It should not be possible and yet it always happens.
Clearly there is a reason why good football players don't want to come here. We are told we have great facilities. So that can't be it. Location? Maybe. Reputation as a bad football school? Possibly and maybe probably. Coaching staff? Doesn't seem to matter who is coach. Outcome is the same. Lack of conference affiliation. Maybe, but hasn't made a difference. Worse in the AAC than independent. I wonder if getting left out again effected the psyche of the players. I also don't understand it.

Reaction Score
This is the end of UConn football. I’m calling it now. We couldn’t afford another <3 win season and here it is on a platter. there’s literally no hope because we physically don’t have the talent to compete at this level. Mora is a failure.

And the worst part is we don’t get a second chance. You can’t hype up the program like this and then go 3-9. It’s over guys. Nice knowing y’all.
dislike thumbs down GIF

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Bad coaching is a low hanging fruit reason. Bad offensive schemes, yes, absolutely. Though how does this team go from middle of the road defense to can’t tackle, can’t cover, can’t stop the run? The defensive teaching should still be there, as well as the ability to perform…so is it lack of focus (exacerbated by the summer’s Big12 tease)?

Reaction Score
Bad Coaching.

Poor talent evaluation during Disco. Poor talent development during Edsall. 9 years wasted.

Nothing to do with being independent.

How do we solve the bad coaching?
How do we solve the lack of talent?

(These questions will eventually lead you to a disheartening answer)

Reaction Score
With a couple exceptions, we have FCS talent. We have shouldn’t be doing this talent. Year in, year out regardless of wins & losses in any specific year.

Reaction Score
Mora blames the offense and rightfully so, but the defense lost this game. It was over at the half.
I mean at the half our hideous offense had three points against a defense that will never be mistaken for the 85 Bears. I believe Roberson had 7 yards passing half way through the second quarter. Or some ungodly low number like that.

Reaction Score
Here’s the real issue: you can be bad at football, you can’t lose to FIU at home to start 0-3. I’m worried that the university simply will not continue to support an independent program that is this bad.

And the sad part is I don’t think anyone had an answer. What? We go to our third string QB? Fire our OC mid season? It’s just pathetic and as a fan I’m sick of it. I know I’m preaching to the choir but had to vent.

Reaction Score
They ask for support from fans leading into nc state game, they get it. Play a decent game, then go out and lay two eggs. You keep asking fans to show up you gotta give them something. And another thing when there 10k in the stadium, tell security to chill the out checking tickets to see who shouldn't be in a section? Really? That's what you want to do to the few that show up to your crap show? How bout get a bleeping clue.

Reaction Score
I could do through a litany of reason why we suck, but it literally bores me repeating it. Im sure Mora is committed and motivated, but he had to take control in a big way. Offense is horrendous. Special teams cover is horrendous. D is spotty.

I said last week Carlton is way over is head and needs to go. We just learned the same lesson again

Reaction Score
That was one of the most embarrassing halves of football I ever witnessed. It was clear Mora was hot & ripped into the team at halftime (like he did the mic during the HT interview). The defense at least showed some heart in the 2nd half. The offense is just void of talent and good play-calling. Besides Houston, I see no player that has above-average talent & heart. The young QB is clearly not ready to lead a team (plus he's coming off an ACL). Not sure how much we can improve at this point. I can see 2, maybe 3 wins, if the team plays hard. We just need a talent overhaul, more speed, and better playcallers in the offseason.

Reaction Score
t

That’s exactly what I said in a previous post. Everyone here keeps saying the AAC was ruining our program but the opposite was true. It was keeping us on life support with a steady paycheck and guaranteed scheduling. Now there’s literally nothing keeping the admin from dropping the program. Which I bet makes a lot of really dumb BB only fans happ.

You’re being a total drama queen again.

Reaction Score
With a couple exceptions, we have FCS talent. We have shouldn’t be doing this talent. Year in, year out regardless of wins & losses in any specific year.
This is factually incorrect...

On offense alone we had 9 former P5 players, many of whom were worthy of scholarships from high end programs, when the season began.

Senn (Colorado), Shor (Alabama), Jurgens (Boise), Stewart (Michigan) Hansen (Michigan), Roberson (Penn State), G Porter (ASU), Hoenig (TCU), Mitchell (Louisville)

Plus guys like Haynes, Joly & Ross (former Freshman All-American) who were clearly talented diamonds in the rough.

That doesn't even count legit 3X Star Guys like Rosa & Zach Drawdy who had offers from much better programs than us.

Zion was ranked higher than their freshman QB who killed us today...it's NOT talent.

It's coaching, schemes/ play calls and overall culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom