First game thread of the season: UConn v. Stanford | Page 8 | The Boneyard

First game thread of the season: UConn v. Stanford

Reaction Score
I don't feel bad for them at all. But I do appreciate them playing us, and for that I don't think we should run up the score in the 2nd half. Get up by 40 and then let the bench play - as long as they can maintain the 40-point lead.
I feel bad because I've always liked and respected Tara. She's had nothing but good things to say about Geno and Uconn everytime she's asked. Now... If we do this to ND... I will be SO SO HAPPY :) Though I'd prefer a 50 point beatdown :p

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Defense by UConn or just poor offense by Stanford. Combination of the two. Stanford is not getting as many open looks at the basket that they got on Friday Night against OSU. UConn plays harder and rarely takes plays off. Probably the only negative is 7-12 on Free Throws. Got to do better as last years Semi-Final lost to Miss St proved.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou with the quietest 19 pts in a half I've ever seen....

I disagree. She is scoring at will down low as well as the 3. Taking over when Naphessa has been kept pretty quiet and Z is not shooting that well.
And the confidence she has on the ball is incredible.

Reaction Score
I don't feel bad for them at all. But I do appreciate them playing us, and for that I don't think we should run up the score in the 2nd half. Get up by 40 and then let the bench play - as long as they can maintain the 40-point lead.
40's not enough. Time to make a statement here! Last year was last year!

Reaction Score
Same old story year after year . The Cards get smart kids with HIGH boards whose BB skills are behind the other good teams. They were good in the 90s until everyone else caught up. They play like us in a lousy conf. and usually fla:(:(:(

What are you talking about?
Didn't Stanford make the final four last year and two years the E8?
They've made the Final Four 7 times since 2008.

Reaction Score
This is probably not the right time to bring this up.. But since It's halftime... I was bored yesterday and decided to watch the Exhibition game with Tennessee and Carson-Newman... Now.. even though Carson-Newman was severely over-matched... I was impressed by the 4 Tennessee Freshman. I think they were much much better than the players they lost the last two years.... Now.. they still don't play as a team... There was a lot of 1 on 1.. well it was basically 1 on 1... Talent will only get them so far...

Reaction Score
Geno was right. Thank goodness Miss St beat UConn when the narrow window was there last year. It would have been awful for WBB if UConn didn’t lose that game going into this year. They are untouchable this year because no other team plays with the chemistry, experience and talent to hang with UConn.
It’s too boring to see teams get chopped up and spit out so easily. UConn deserves better and so do WBB fans in general. Not good.
Geno is one smart dude for seeing this.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Same old story year after year . The Cards get smart kids with HIGH boards whose BB skills are behind the other good teams. They were good in the 90s until everyone else caught up. They play like us in a lousy conf. and usually fla:(:(:(
And yet no program other than Notre Dame has had as much success against UConn as Stanford as has.

If a conference that gets 4 different teams into the Final Four in the last 5 years counts as lousy, I wonder what qualifies as a good conference.

Reaction Score
It was expected that Stanford would have a slow start given their new scheme and new players, however they look like a D2 team against Uconn today. They just do not seem to have the athletes required to score with out the open looks a scheme provides. Still it was really silly to rate a rebuilding team as high as they have had Stanford- Tara or not.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
UCOnn starts the 2nd half sloppy on both ends of the court. Gave Stanford a couple of easy layups and are now rushing on Offense making ill advised passes.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
First half was very physical now the second half every 3 seconds there's a foul....

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
First half was very physical now the second half every 3 seconds there's a foul....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom