First game thread of the season: UConn v. Stanford | Page 9 | The Boneyard

First game thread of the season: UConn v. Stanford

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Z comes in and the half court starts to get a little flow.

Reaction Score
Ah, the seasons first "Kia is awful" post

Kia has games where she’s awful. She’s proven to bounce back and play well overall though. I can’t see her making the WNBA but she is a tenacious defender. Outstanding in that respect.

I gave Chong no shot even after she was drafted. I’d be a terrible GM

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Tense matters. She's a good player who had been having a terrible game until 2 minutes ago.
She got 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 blocks, and a steal in two minutes? Wow!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is probably not the right time to bring this up.. But since It's halftime... I was bored yesterday and decided to watch the Exhibition game with Tennessee and Carson-Newman... Now.. even though Carson-Newman was severely over-matched... I was impressed by the 4 Tennessee Freshman. I think they were much much better than the players they lost the last two years.... Now.. they still don't play as a team... There was a lot of 1 on 1.. well it was basically 1 on 1... Talent will only get them so far...

There is a reason why freshman do not take over games at UConn generally. They have to learn how to play as a team on offense and defense. Teams like TN (and most programs) allow free lancing so talented kids can handle it but it only gets you so far. It wont be pretty when they face a UConn type defense and the coach actually has to do something clever.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom