Final Kasongo Thread | The Boneyard

Final Kasongo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wanted to share: Ray got back to me on Facebook. He confirmed that if it was up to him, he would be at UConn. It was completely his coach's decision. I really feel for him; he sounded sad and sincere. I don't want to copy and paste his exact response to keep his privacy at least a little, but that's the gist of it.

Reaction Score
I don't get why Kasongo has to go to Oregon when he clearly doesn't want to go there. It seems like Ro Russell intentionally sabotages these kid's careers. The only way I see Kasongo having a bright future is if he gets far away from Ro Russell, he's not a good dude.

Reaction Score
So did he officially give a verbal to Oregon or is it still up in the air?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I don't care anymore
Why you run around ...
Break away.
Just when it
Seems so clear
That it's
Over now
Drink your big black cow
And get out of here

Reaction Score
If there is any sort of impropriety that he is aware of he'd be best off to just be quiet. He is drawing a lot of attention to himself. Really odd that he is still expressing his regret after committing to the Ducks.

If he is being bullied by adults, he should man up and make his own decision and get those scum bags out of his life ASAP. If UConn has pulled his offer off the table, maybe he should just open up his recruiting and transfer back to his local public high school. He really needs to get away from the leeches he's relying on right now.

caw

Reaction Score
It's actually not hard. The high school coach can threaten to hold back transcripts or make the process hard to get them, especially at a "school" like the one he is at where it is run by the coach and his people. Could theoretically make sure the kid takes the wrong courses so he won't qualify. Not saying that it happened but that is an example of how a coach could pressure a kid. Could also make sure his visa gets voided. If Kasongo took some benefit he shouldn't because of not knowing the rules, could threaten to expose him. Lots of things that could be done.

Forgot to quot

Reaction Score
Just wanted to share: Ray got back to me on Facebook. He confirmed that if it was up to him, he would be at UConn. It was completely his coach's decision. I really feel for him; he sounded sad and sincere. I don't want to copy and paste his exact response to keep his privacy at least a little, but that's the gist of it.

100% correct. He's pretty much confirmed what we all thought, and what a shame it is for the poor kid

Reaction Score
feel for the young man, when the people around him don't let him make the choice he wants. Hope the kid does well, too bad, so sad.

Reaction Score
It's BS. If he wanted to be a husky he would be. He is 17 - don't fall for his inability to be forthright yet. It's difficult to let people down when youve had a short life of only impressing people so far. Too bad though. He could have been a pro someday. Hard not to say that percentages are against him now, instead of in favor of him. Destiny.

Reaction Score
From the Oregon board, they claim he did it for his dad, I'm guessing it's closer to home, you can't blame the kid for doing it for dad. No worries, we'll be fine.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I fully believe that but if it were to be true than this has NCAA violation written all over it.......Kid doesn't get to pick the school he wants to go to? That is blasphemous.....Some adults are seriously losing touch of morality if they are making a kids decision for him against his will.

Reaction Score
Not sure what Oregon fans are talking about when they say it's close to home for him. His parents live in Toronto.

Reactions: caw

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What I learned on the internet today....Ontario is closer to Oregon than it is to Connecticut.

UConn's welcome mat has been yanked, but Altman is suspect for even considering accepting this verbal.

caw

Reaction Score
From the Oregon board, they claim he did it for his dad, I'm guessing it's closer to home, you can't blame the kid for doing it for dad. No worries, we'll be fine.
They are morons. Unless dad is moving.

Reaction Score
Not sure what Oregon fans are talking about when they say it's close to home for him. His parents live in Toronto.

I may have been wrong about closer to home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1