Final Kasongo Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Final Kasongo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My only issue is that if this is in fact the case, it should still be the kid's decision. They may be strongly advising him in a certain direction, but if they really are in the kid's corner, they should still be letting him make the decision and supporting whatever that decision is. From Ray's twitter comments, it seems like it is hardly his choice at all, which is very sad.

The other thing is...why do his handlers think Oregon is such a better place for him then UConn? I don't know much about their current roster, but we aren't exactly loaded at the 4/5, so playing time would be there if he earns it. And UConn is superior in every other aspect as it pertains to his development.

It's THE Nike school. UConn is just A Nike school.

I seriously doubt that the handlers have any history with Ollie at all, since he's only been around the college scene for 3 years or so.

I know this: someone is funding that academy in Phoenix.

Reaction Score
Right...I guess my point is though, someone said something about it not being the case of the handlers "shafting the kid"...that it's more about his handlers knowing more about his development, etc., etc....if they are collecting a check from whomever, then it is about shafting the kid because they are doing it for their own benefit versus his.

Reaction Score
Right...I guess my point is though, someone said something about it not being the case of the handlers "shafting the kid"...that it's more about his handlers knowing more about his development, etc., etc....if they are collecting a check from whomever, then it is about shafting the kid because they are doing it for their own benefit versus his.

This the exchange, the agreement. The kid is being trained at a basketball facility in Phoenix. someone has to pay those bills. This is also frequently lost on the university level as well. Athletes don't seem to understand that there are real expenses in providing them with housing, food, top coaching, skills training, weight training and development, teaching advisors and other assistance, and also travel, etc. I haven't even mentioned tuition and fees here.

In other words, kids have to recognize ahead of time what they are signing up for.

Reaction Score
There's a difference?

I know you're only joking but, for NCAA purposes, yes, there's a difference. This is why schools can only pay for the Pump Bros. newsletter instead of paying the Pumps directly, like they used to.

Reaction Score
This the exchange, the agreement. The kid is being trained at a basketball facility in Phoenix. someone has to pay those bills. This is also frequently lost on the university level as well. Athletes don't seem to understand that there are real expenses in providing them with housing, food, top coaching, skills training, weight training and development, teaching advisors and other assistance, and also travel, etc. I haven't even mentioned tuition and fees here.

In other words, kids have to recognize ahead of time what they are signing up for.

OK, makes sense. I think your last line is key here...kids need to know what they are signing up for from the start, so they don't get themselves in situations where other people are making decisions for them.

Who knows...maybe after some time goes by he is able to talk to his handlers and they come to an agreement that they will back him on UConn...problem is we may be completely done with him by then (if we aren't already) or have all scholarships filled. One thing I don't understand though is how his handlers let him go this far in the process with UConn (official visit, in home visit, etc.) if they were never going to let him choose there in the end?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
OK, makes sense. I think your last line is key here...kids need to know that they are signing up for from the start, so they don't get themselves in situations where other people are making decisions for them.

Who knows...maybe after some time goes by he is able to talk to his handlers and they come to an agreement that they will back him on UConn...probably is we may be completely done with him by then (if we aren't already) or have all scholarships filled. One thing I don't understand though is how his handlers let him go this far in the process with UConn (official visit, in home visit, etc.) if they were never going to let him choose there in the end?
Haven't you heard. KO and staff can't close on recruits. They are lousy recruiters who lose out to "inferior programs"! The handlers thought that Kasongo's visit was just show! They believed in the paradigm - Oregon was safe. It didn't go as planned.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
If this truly is the last Kasongo thread I would like to be the first to post:

images

http://www.televisiontunes.com/Looney_Tunes_-_Ending_1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors