Final Four threats | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Final Four threats

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I agree with you on Hailey Van Lith.... But besides her, are there any other big names that can help her get back to the Final Four?
Losing Engstler and Kianna Smith is big of course, but they return some experienced players like Cochran and Dixon, and got some decent additions from the portal.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
You will land there again. Tennessee just doesn’t have it. They will find a way to lose. Mind you, you will have a good regular season but fail in those important 6 games in March.
Sure about that?

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Haley Jones does seem to know when to step up in tournament time, but I'm sure Tara is going to expect her to be much more consistent in her senior season. Hopefully she can find her shooting touch from her first two season as well.

Reaction Score
I think ND deserves to be in your top 8, but we’ll see….
I have them listed with a shot at the ACC second slot. They have a chance, but it would be a an anomaly if more than two teams were chosen in the top 8 seeds from one conference.

Reaction Score
You will land there again. Tennessee just doesn’t have it. They will find a way to lose. Mind you, you will have a good regular season but fail in those important 6 games in March.

Haha. You're hoping. Don't let him get to you stwainfan. No one knows the future.

Reaction Score
You have to add Hailey Van Lith to your list. She was fantastic in the Tourney up until the Semi Final game, so she's been there and done that, just like Boston, Jones and Bueckers.
Hailey Van Lith was horrible vs South Carolina, and that game vs Michigan was one of the worst games I've seen. She to me is possibly the most overrated player in wbb. She is all hype, she doesn't seem to me like a leader.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith was horrible vs South Carolina, and that game vs Michigan was one of the worst games I've seen. She to me is possibly the most overrated player in wbb. She is all hype, she doesn't seem to me like a leader.
I hate to say it, but I agree. She isn’t even on the same playing field (but we’ll see this coming year I guess) as Dana Evans. Not even close (yet…).

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I hate to say it, but I agree. She isn’t even on the same playing field (but we’ll see this coming year I guess) as Dana Evans. Not even close (yet…).
Evans was a legitimate NPOY candidate her senior year and was excellent as a junior. Hailey Van Lith is definitely ahead of Evans through 2 years, though Evans made her big jump after her sophomore year. It's early to count out Hailey Van Lith but she's definitely not on the same level as the other big dogs like Boston, Bueckers, Clark, Jones, etc.

Reaction Score
Very interesting. I give a lot of credit to Beal and her defense in terms of the SC game. I missed the Michigan game, sounds like one not to rewatch.

I like Hailey Van Lith and her competitive spirit. I thought she made a jump the second half of last season.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith is a special player. Brea Beal just makes a lot of really good players look average.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith is a special player. Brea Beal just makes a lot of really good players look average.
People keep saying that these players are having bad games but Beal is really just that good defensively. Just like some blame Christyn for her Finals performance, but the truth of the matter is that she had a beast of a primary defender on her.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well, Hailey Van Lith scored 20 or more in 4 straight games during the Tourney, something nobody at Louisville had ever done before. Not McCoughtry, or Durr, or Evans, or Schimmel, or anybody else. That's worth something.

Reaction Score
People keep saying that these players are having bad games but Beal is really just that good defensively. Just like some blame Christyn for her Finals performance, but the truth of the matter is that she had a beast of a primary defender on her.

The best perimeter defender in the country! I hope she gets the recognition she deserves like DiDi Richards.

Reaction Score
Very interesting. I give a lot of credit to Beal and her defense in terms of the SC game. I missed the Michigan game, sounds like one not to rewatch.

I like Hailey Van Lith and her competitive spirit. I thought she made a jump the second half of last season.
Box score says she scored 22 against Michigan in the tourney, so that looks pretty good to me.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Well, Hailey Van Lith scored 20 or more in 4 straight games during the Tourney, something nobody at Louisville had ever done before. Not McCoughtry, or Durr, or Evans, or Schimmel, or anybody else. That's worth something.
For what it's worth, it's a obselete/specific achievement. Angel had 4 games of 20+ in a 5 game tournament stretch in 2009, and missed getting 5 straight by 2 points. Hailey Van Lith is a good player but as of April, she isn't in the same ballpark as the 4 originally mentioned by @UConnCat.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, it's a obselete/specific achievement. Angel had 4 games of 20+ in a 5 game tournament stretch in 2009, and missed getting 5 straight by 2 points. Hailey Van Lith is a good player but as of April, she isn't in the same ballpark as the 4 originally mentioned by @UConnCat.
Sorry, as of April or during the month of April? Just trying to clarify what you mean.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Sorry, as of April or during the month of April? Just trying to clarify what you mean.
I worded it poorly...as of April. Just implying we don't know how much she's improved since the end of the season, maybe she's taken that jump, but based off her performances last season she isn't in the same ballpark as the other 4 mentioned.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom