Final 4 thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Final 4 thread

Reaction Score
I think the 99, 04, and 11 teams match up well with this Virginia team as they can play strong D, too, and win those slow grinding games even though they prefer to run and gun. Also, those UConn teams were very good at rebounding where Virginia can be exploited and OK4, Boone, and Villanueva have size where they could cause Virginia problems near the basket on both offense and defense. KFree and Voskuhl would hurt them on the boards, too. The 14 team would have a tougher time, and that would be a close game, IMO, but then again as long as that team doesn't face 14 Louisville they would feel comfortable.

I think Kentucky would've been a tougher match up for Virginia than Auburn due to their size and length, but we all know Auburn and Purdue should've shut the door on Virginia. Give Virginia credit, though, they toughed it out and are in the final.

Reaction Score
Yeah I know. I guess it's because they finished 9-9 and in 9th place in the Big East that team doesn't get the credit it should even though the final was ugly as hell. Sometime between the first BE tourney game against Depaul and when they beat Louisville for the BE title they turned from the 9th best team in the BE to the best. People seem to miss that point. They were an unbeaten team outside of BE comp and in single elimination tourney style games.
That team had intimidating size, too. That was an excellent team, not as good as 99 and 04, but they could match up to any team they faced and they could play well against teams that wanted to play a slow pace.

The tighter whistle in the tournament is why we won. Kemba was unguardable w/out hand checking. In the BE shlubs like Hansborough could hack Kemba with impunity.

Reaction Score
Anyone else noticing this ref in front of the benches high stepping up the court? Pretty funny

Reaction Score
The tighter whistle in the tournament is why we won. Kemba was unguardable w/out hand checking. In the BE shlubs like Hansborough could hack Kemba with impunity.
sure it did. Great teams know how to adjust to the officiating changes from conference play to the NCAA tourney. But remember, they won the BE tourny, too with that officiating. I am glad Hansborough won the BE POY because I think that triggered Kemba to perform like he did.
Don't forget Lamb and Bazz on that team and how they stepped up later in the year.

Reaction Score
At least they didn’t mention the recent arrest.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Virginia-Texas Tech would be the biggest nightmare for the NCAA since Uconn-Butler.

Reaction Score
The irony of this on a UConn board. '11 and '14 are widely considered some of the weakest NC teams in recent memory, with the '11 NC game up there with worst ever in a lot of people's minds.

It doesn't have to be pretty, you just got to grind it out and get some luck (or a no call on a double dribble...)

The 2011 team started two McDonald’s all Americans and had three guys in the rotation who are currently in the middle of long nba careers. That team was young but really talented.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Texas tech has some awful offensive possessions.

Just way too many long jumpers off the dribble

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Gonzaga and duke both have to be just kicking themselves watching this mess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom