Final 4 thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Final 4 thread

Reaction Score
Exactly. An airborne shooter is as sacred as mothers and puppies.

You just don’t mess with them
A foul on a jump shooter should be called every single time? Think about what you're saying.

Blame the refs for giving UVA the game with the clear double dribble.

Reaction Score
Has a team ever played crappier throughout a tournament to make the title game?
hard to say, SuperJohn. I mean remember Gardner Webb being up 14 against these guys. Virginia looked terrified at that point and had flashbacks to the UMBC game. And then Purdue should've finished them off, too.

Reaction Score
The foul call on the shot was 100% correct.

The no-call on the double dribble right before that was horrendous officiating...

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
A foul on a jump shooter should be called every single time? Think about what you're saying.

Blame the refs for giving UVA the game with the clear double dribble.

I don’t know how they missed that double dribble.

Reaction Score
Gifted the title game, clear double dribble on Jerome.
I saw that and I never thought it was a double dribble until the replay was shown. Its amazing in the flow of a close game and at the end, how something so clear gets missed.

Did anyone here call it immediately?

Reaction Score
Halfway to the ugliest title game ever! When it’s 44-40 Virginia over Texas Tech at the under 4 timeout in the second half on Monday night they’ll all be talking about UConn again.

Reaction Score
How did we all miss that call? Refs suck so I understand that but all of us? Very surprising
I missed it but wasn't paying close attention, my buddy texted me right away freaking out. Refs have no excuse missing that.

Reaction Score
I saw that and I never thought it was a double dribble until the replay was shown. Its amazing in the flow of a close game and at the end, how something so clear gets missed.

Did anyone here call it immediately?

I said something out loud, but not on here
But I mean... even the Auburn bench missed it..

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Guy saved Jerome’s butt. Getting your fourth foul on a frustration foul is insanity.

Full disclosure I didn’t know dribbling the ball off your on foot can’t still be dribbled.

the Q

Reaction Score
Guy saved Jerome’s butt. Getting your fourth foul on a frustration foul is insanity.

Full disclosure I didn’t know dribbling the ball off your on foot can’t still be dribbled.

Needs to be knocked away by someone else.

the Q

Reaction Score

To be fair to Jerome he was absolutely hammered on that shot before that. Never should’ve happened.

Reaction Score

Of course it is, it's still your dribble unless the other team touches it.

Reaction Score
Kyle Guy's 3 FTs are clutch, but his 3 pt shot with 8 seconds left to cut the lead from 4 to 1 pt was the shot of the game. If he misses that, the game is over.

Reaction Score
I said something out loud, but not on here
But I mean... even the Auburn bench missed it..
I mentioned that Auburn bench thing in another thread. If they would have caught it and screamed and the players as well it might have been caught (albeit late whistle). I just think a lot of people including the refs missed it, partly because of the foot being involved and it wasn't the typical double dribble.

Reaction Score
Has a team ever played crappier throughout a tournament to make the title game?
The irony of this on a UConn board. '11 and '14 are widely considered some of the weakest NC teams in recent memory, with the '11 NC game up there with worst ever in a lot of people's minds.

It doesn't have to be pretty, you just got to grind it out and get some luck (or a no call on a double dribble...)

Reaction Score
The irony of this on a UConn board. '11 and '14 are widely considered some of the weakest NC teams in recent memory, with the '11 NC game up there with worst ever in a lot of people's minds.

It doesn't have to be pretty, you just got to grind it out and get some luck (or a no call on a double dribble...)

Take it to the Hoo’s board.

Reaction Score

You were just gifted an appearance in the title game, zip it.

'11 would destroy UVA, so would '14. Bazz and Boat would make Jerome curl up in the fetal position.

Reaction Score
Now I have to root for Mich St. I don't think T Tech can beat UVA

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom