Final 4 thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Final 4 thread

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think Tech has 1 top 100 recruit. Edit. Forgot about the transfer Francis. Amazing that they will have back to back lottery picks from kids ranked 190 and 310.
Yet somehow they have multiple 6’10+ 225+ rebounding, shot blocking athletic monsters inside. We need to figure out their formula.

Reaction Score
Izzo has one of the more fascinating legacies.

Eight final fours in this era is remarkable, but I kinda feel like you need more than one title to earn the reputation Izzo currently occupies.

Reaction Score
Playing in big domes makes these games tough, unless you are Nova

Reaction Score
Yet somehow they have multiple 6’10+ 225+ rebounding, shot blocking athletic monsters inside. We need to figure out their formula.

Do they though? Their strength is clearly their guards and then they have a string bean shot blocker. This is what I want for a center. I don't even care about scoring. Super athletic shot blocker so we can play pressure D.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Izzo has one of the more fascinating legacies.

Eight final fours in this era is remarkable, but I kinda feel like you need more than one title to earn the reputation Izzo currently occupies.

Which basically makes him the Bobby Cox of the NCAA.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Texas Tech has gone through 4 of the final AP Top 15 teams already in the tourney, including 3 of the top 8.
Unbelievable run.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Do they though? Their strength is clearly their guards and then they have a string bean shot blocker. This is what I want for a center. I don't even care about scoring. Super athletic shot blocker so we can play pressure D.
I had to look it up you’re right one 6’10 205 power forward and a 6’9 250 pound center.

Reaction Score
Last two AP coach of the year winners in this one. And I think the two best defensive teams as well.
*odd note. Calhoun only won the AP once and the Naismith never. Boehiem in 2010?

UconnU

Reaction Score
Not trying to get political but CBS goes in to show the post game celebration in the Texas Tech locker room. Instead of celebrating they are kneeling for a prayer and the cameras immediately cut away? They can’t show a little prayer? What’s the big deal.

Reaction Score
Not trying to get political but CBS goes in to show the post game celebration in the Texas Tech locker room. Instead of celebrating they are kneeling for a prayer and the cameras immediately cut away? They can’t show a little prayer? What’s the big deal.

I think it was a private moment that they did not want to film??

Reaction Score
I had to look it up you’re right one 6’10 205 power forward and a 6’9 250 pound center.

And they have the best defense in the country. None of Francis, Mooney or Moretti strike me as plus athletes. The program just boggles my mind. But nothing moreso than landing Smith and Culver in the same class, two kids we would bash Hurley for recruiting only for them to go 1 and done and 2 and done. Everything points to Beard being a stupidly good judge of talent and defensive coach

Reaction Score
And they have the best defense in the country. None of Francis, Mooney or Moretti strike me as plus athletes. The program just boggles my mind. But nothing moreso than landing Smith and Culver in the same class, two kids we would bash Hurley for recruiting only for them to go 1 and done and 2 and done. Everything points to Beard being a stupidly good judge of talent and defensive coach

I really enjoy watching them play defense. They're ridiculously well coached. Perfect switching and hedging and 100% buy in on the defensive end. Smart, smart team.

That said, if Owens' ankle tightens up and he can't go Monday that will be a problem. His quickness is a huge part of the scheme.

Reaction Score
I really enjoy watching them play defense. They're ridiculously well coached. Perfect switching and hedging and 100% buy in on the defensive end. Smart, smart team.

That said, if Owens' ankle tightens up and he can't go Monday that will be a problem. His quickness is a huge part of the scheme.

Fwiw--they don't hedge much. They ice ball screens like maniacs. Will leave them vulnerable to baseline clearouts.

This game will come down to 3 point shooting. Both teams defend well inside and play slow. I don't think tech has the shooters to beat the packline.

Reaction Score

He has quadrupled down on no middle and helping hard on the baseline. They don't let guards make plays, and draw charges left and right.

Very different team than virginia defensively. But both teams are built well for their system with a ton of player buy-in.

Reaction Score
Last two AP coach of the year winners in this one. And I think the two best defensive teams as well.
*odd note. Calhoun only won the AP once and the Naismith never. Boehiem in 2010?

Tech and Michigan were #1 and #2 I believe. Virginia was 3.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Fwiw--they don't hedge much. They ice ball screens like maniacs. Will leave them vulnerable to baseline clearouts.

This game will come down to 3 point shooting. Both teams defend well inside and play slow. I don't think tech has the shooters to beat the packline.
Interesting that teams who play slow over performed this year. Virginia is also one of the slowest teams in the country. Scoring was down a little bit this year overall. Part of a larger trend?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

And lucky. He hit correctly on multiple guys at the same time.

C

Chief00

I agree, no one likes religion shoved down their throats, but it is what it is. The kind of nonsense they show on TV but afraid to show a team praying - how sad.

Reactions: pj

pj

Reaction Score

Maybe they were afraid the Tech coaches and players would get in trouble for praying and thought they were doing them a favor ... but overall it is no service to religion to give the impression that it doesn't exist or can't appear in public.

Reaction Score
Maybe appreciating the personal part of that? And the fact it wasn’t so raucous probably hinted to cut? It may have been more out of respect.

Reaction Score
I think you guys are reading too much into that. They probably just cut away for TTech's privacy. Plus how many times do players thank God or Jesus in their on-court/on-field post-game interviews with the sideline reporters right after a win? If they were trying to stop it they'd either bleep it out or wouldn't do it at all.

Reaction Score
This is crazy, they didn't cut away because of some anti-religion/praying stance. They cut away because the purpose of the shot (excitement vs subdued celebration) was already served

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom